• Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 14 hours ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 1 day ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 1 day ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 1 day ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 1 day ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 1 day ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 1 day ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 1 day ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 2 days ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 7 days ago

Preakness Rides To Remember

Another rail-hugging victory by jockey Calvin Borel aboard Super Saver in the Kentucky Derby (gr. 1) presented by Yum! Brands has riding accolades again being directed at the popular Cajun rider and deservedly so. But with the Preakness Stakes (gr. 1) less than two weeks away and a full field...

Older Comments about Preakness Rides To Remember...

Cordero would have been taken down in ANY OTHER RACE. There just has never been a DQ in that one.
Codex intimidating Genuine Risk was vintage Cordero and is definitely one ride I won't forget. I was a young boy watching my first Preakness in 1980 and my mom bet $2 on Genuine Risk for me. I am still mad at that bully Cordero, lol.
For me, when Jeremy Rose stayed in the saddle after Afleet Alex almost did a header after he start and then recovered to win. I had not seen a horse get checked that hard and recover to win.
BEST TWO: the unprovoked clubhouse move in 1973, and the Sunday Silence/Easy Goer stretch run...ones, once seen, are never forgotten.