• Nyquist has spiked a fever, delaying his trip to Belmont, via DRF's Dave Grening.Posted 1 day ago
  • Second Summer holds off Hard Aces to win the Grade 2 Californian.Posted 1 day ago
  • Exaggerator turns the tables and is victorious in the Preakness (G1).Posted 2 days ago
  • Takeover Target flies home late to win from last in the Grade 2 Dixie.Posted 2 days ago
  • American Freedom fights back for Sir Barton victory.Posted 2 days ago
  • Mizz Money holds on to take the Gallorette (G3) by a nose.Posted 2 days ago
  • Justin Squared was too fast to catch in the Chick Lang.Posted 2 days ago
  • Lady Shipman does not disappoint with a victory in The Very One.Posted 2 days ago
  • Marengo Road gets ahead to take the James W. Murphy.Posted 2 days ago
  • Awtaad upsets Galileo Gold to win the Irish 2000 Guineas.Posted 2 days ago

Preakness Rides To Remember

Another rail-hugging victory by jockey Calvin Borel aboard Super Saver in the Kentucky Derby (gr. 1) presented by Yum! Brands has riding accolades again being directed at the popular Cajun rider and deservedly so. But with the Preakness Stakes (gr. 1) less than two weeks away and a full field...

Older Comments about Preakness Rides To Remember...

Cordero would have been taken down in ANY OTHER RACE. There just has never been a DQ in that one.
Codex intimidating Genuine Risk was vintage Cordero and is definitely one ride I won't forget. I was a young boy watching my first Preakness in 1980 and my mom bet $2 on Genuine Risk for me. I am still mad at that bully Cordero, lol.
For me, when Jeremy Rose stayed in the saddle after Afleet Alex almost did a header after he start and then recovered to win. I had not seen a horse get checked that hard and recover to win.
BEST TWO: the unprovoked clubhouse move in 1973, and the Sunday Silence/Easy Goer stretch run...ones, once seen, are never forgotten.