• Texas Chrome (2-1) bravely squeezed through on the rail for an Oklahoma Derby win.Posted 2 days ago
  • Unbridled Mo (4-1) rides the rail to victory in the Remington Park Oaks.Posted 2 days ago
  • Accelerate (1-1) rallies to win the Los Alamitos Derby (G2).Posted 3 days ago
  • Connect (10-1) upsets the Pennsylvania Derby.Posted 3 days ago
  • Songbird (1-5) gets win number 11 in the Cotillion (G1) at Parx Racing.Posted 3 days ago
  • Noholdingback Bear (3-1) wins the Gallant Bob (G3) at Parx Racing.Posted 4 days ago
  • 2015 Turf Champion Big Blue Kitten has been retired from racing, via the Chad Brown barn.Posted 7 days ago
  • No catching Sarah Sis (10-1) in the Presque Isle Downs Masters.Posted 8 days ago
  • Victory to Victory  7-1) pulls clear in the Grade 1 Natalma Stakes.Posted 9 days ago
  • Good Samaritan (3-1) rolls to a Breeders' Cup birth with a Summer Stakes win.Posted 10 days ago

Preakness Rides To Remember

Another rail-hugging victory by jockey Calvin Borel aboard Super Saver in the Kentucky Derby (gr. 1) presented by Yum! Brands has riding accolades again being directed at the popular Cajun rider and deservedly so. But with the Preakness Stakes (gr. 1) less than two weeks away and a full field...

Older Comments about Preakness Rides To Remember...

Cordero would have been taken down in ANY OTHER RACE. There just has never been a DQ in that one.
Codex intimidating Genuine Risk was vintage Cordero and is definitely one ride I won't forget. I was a young boy watching my first Preakness in 1980 and my mom bet $2 on Genuine Risk for me. I am still mad at that bully Cordero, lol.
For me, when Jeremy Rose stayed in the saddle after Afleet Alex almost did a header after he start and then recovered to win. I had not seen a horse get checked that hard and recover to win.
BEST TWO: the unprovoked clubhouse move in 1973, and the Sunday Silence/Easy Goer stretch run...ones, once seen, are never forgotten.