• ZATT's Star of the Week, is ... Winx!Posted 17 hours ago
  • Elektrum (5-2) gets up in the final jump to win the Grade 3 Dowager at Keeneland.Posted 19 hours ago
  • Roca Rojo (4-1) storms home to romp in Belmont's Athenia.Posted 19 hours ago
  • Lightstream (2-1) rolls late to pass Malibu Stacy for the Raven Run win.Posted 1 day ago
  • Royal Posse (5-2) likes the off going and upsets Governor Malibu in the Empire Classic.Posted 1 day ago
  • Bar of Gold (4-5) wins the Empire Distaff by a country mile.Posted 1 day ago
  • Pat On The Back (20-1) puts them to sleep in a sloppy Sleepy Hollow.Posted 1 day ago
  • 2001 Kentucky Derby winner, Monarchos has passed away at the age of 18.Posted 1 day ago
  • Winx absolutely dominant in winning a second Cox Plate.Posted 2 days ago
  • Quidura (7-2) scores another graded stakes win at Keeneland for Graham Motion.Posted 2 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

Preakness Rides To Remember

Another rail-hugging victory by jockey Calvin Borel aboard Super Saver in the Kentucky Derby (gr. 1) presented by Yum! Brands has riding accolades again being directed at the popular Cajun rider and deservedly so. But with the Preakness Stakes (gr. 1) less than two weeks away and a full field...

Older Comments about Preakness Rides To Remember...

Cordero would have been taken down in ANY OTHER RACE. There just has never been a DQ in that one.
Codex intimidating Genuine Risk was vintage Cordero and is definitely one ride I won't forget. I was a young boy watching my first Preakness in 1980 and my mom bet $2 on Genuine Risk for me. I am still mad at that bully Cordero, lol.
For me, when Jeremy Rose stayed in the saddle after Afleet Alex almost did a header after he start and then recovered to win. I had not seen a horse get checked that hard and recover to win.
BEST TWO: the unprovoked clubhouse move in 1973, and the Sunday Silence/Easy Goer stretch run...ones, once seen, are never forgotten.