• Far Right shoots up the rail again to score in the Southwest Stakes. Posted 4 days ago
  • Khozan demolishes a Gulfstream Park allowance field to remain perfect in two starts. Posted 4 days ago
  • No beating North Slope as he returns to dirt a winner in the Evening Attire. Posted 4 days ago
  •  International Star scrapes the paint to win the Risen Star.Posted 5 days ago
  • I'm A Chatterbox speaks loud and clear in the Rachel Alexandra. Posted 5 days ago
  • Itsaknockout wins the Fountain of Youth on the DQ of Upstart. Posted 5 days ago
  •  Chocolate Ride sneaks away in the Fair Grounds Handicap.Posted 5 days ago
  • Long On Value clearly Best in the Canadian Turf. Posted 5 days ago
  •  Street Babe surprise the Mineshaft field at Fair Grounds.Posted 5 days ago
  • Main Sequence storms home late to win the Mac Diarmida! Posted 5 days ago

Power Broker Earns Diploma in FrontRunner

September 29, 2012. Power Broker and Rafael Bejarano win the FrontRunner Stakes(GI) at Santa Anita Park.
Power Broker won for the first time in four starts, surging through the stretch under Rafael Bejarano to capture the FrontRunner Stakes for 2-year-olds by 6 1/2 lengths.

He ran 1 1/16 miles in 1:44.44 and paid $12.60, $6.20 and $4 at 9-2 odds for Bob Baffert. Power Broker earned a spot in the BC Juvenile on Nov. 3.

“This horse has turned out really good," said Bejarano.” I’m surprised with the way he ran today, he was amazing. It was the first time he ran on this track at this distance and it looked like he loved this track. It’s important to be on the lead right now, and it was easy to find early position right away.”

Know More, the 8-5 favorite running on dirt for the first time, finished second for Doug O'Neill.

“He traveled good," said Know More’s pilot Garrett Gomez. “He did everything perfect. It was the first time doing two turns. First time really being on dirt. He handled everything really well. I have to tell you the Baffert horse was just better today. We’ll have to go for round two.”

Capo Bastone was third. Carving, co-owned by Olympic champion skier Bode Miller and Baffert's wife, Jill, led much of the way before fading to fourth in his first loss in three starts.

Baffert's other starter, Den's Legacy, was fifth.

“I was really high on Power Broker before we went to Del Mar," said Baffert. “I thought he was a top horse. He let me down when he ran down there, and I was a little disappointed. Then he came back and he didn’t work that well. Then he worked really well the other day. I was thinking of putting him on the grass. After that last race, I switched him up. It worked out.”

(When asked about Kentucky Derby prospects for Power Broker) “It’s too early.”