• Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 2 hours ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 4 days ago
  • Cheekaboo wins a blanket finish in the Honeymoon at 23-1.Posted 5 days ago
  • Donegal Moon scores after Unified comes up empty in the Pegasus Stakes.Posted 5 days ago
  • Ancient Secret just gets up to win the Wild Applause Stakes at Belmont Park.Posted 5 days ago
  • Bradester (9-1) upsets the Stephen Foster (G1) in gate to wire fashionPosted 5 days ago
  • Pleuven (Fr), with a stalking move, wins the Wise Dan (G2) at 7-1Posted 5 days ago
  • Paid Up Subscriber (6-1) rallies and draws off to win the Fleur de Lis Handicap (G2)Posted 5 days ago
  • Songbird (1-9) stays unbeaten in the Summertime Oaks (G2) at Santa Anita.Posted 5 days ago
  • Gun Runner (1-9) goes gate to wire to easily take the Matt Winn (G3).Posted 5 days ago

Point Given Moves to Calumet Farm

Point Given, the 2001 Horse of the Year and champion 3-year-old male, will stand in 2013 at Brad Kelley's recently acquired Calumet Farm near Lexington. Kelley is the majority owner of Point Given, who stood for $20,000 in 2012 but will stand this year for a private fee. Point Given, by Thunder Gulch, formerly stood at Robert N. Clay's Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky.

Point Given has 21 stakes winners and the earners of more than $21.5 million. He enjoyed his best season in 2008 when his runners earned nearly $5.5 million.

His leading runners include Canadian Horse of the Year Sealy Hill and additional Canadian champion Points of Grace, plus grade I winners Go Between, Coil, and Point Ashley. Go Between won the Pacific Classic Stakes (gr. I), and Coil took the Haskell Invitational Stakes (gr. I) and the Santa Anita Sprint Championship Stakes (gr. I). Point Ashley scored in the Del Mar Debutante Stakes (gr. I).

Older Comments about Point Given Moves to Calumet Farm...

Nice, very nice.
I really like the direction that Calumet is going. I have high hopes for them!
This is my boy..I feel in love with him. I had such high hopes for him. His daddy was one of my favorite too. I really love this bloodline but it seem like no good mare is going there way.
I like his breeding and still hope the right mare with some bottom to her comes along and.............
Good luck to the Devil's Red! Calumet is taking lots of steps in the right direction.