• Hoppertunity nips Imperative by a San Antonio head-bob.Posted 3 hours ago
  • In her seasonal debut, Songbird is a dominant winner of the Las Virgenes at Santa Anita.Posted 5 hours ago
  • Lukes Alley kicks it in late to win the Grade 1 Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap.Posted 6 hours ago
  • Mor Spirit cruises late to win the Robert B. Lewis at Santa Anita.Posted 6 hours ago
  • Aussie-bred Power Alert gets there first in the GP Turf Sprint.Posted 7 hours ago
  • Tommy Macho runs away with the Fred Hooper at Gulfsrtream Park.Posted 9 hours ago
  • No catching Tammy the Torpedo in the turfy Suwannee River.Posted 9 hours ago
  • Lady Shipman (1-5) is an easy winner in the Lady's Turf Sprint at Gulfstream.Posted 9 hours ago
  • Cadet Roni relishes the slop in the Wishing Well at Santa Anita.Posted 6 days ago
  • Flora Dora gets to the wire first in the Big A's Busanda.Posted 6 days ago

Point Given Moves to Calumet Farm

Point Given, the 2001 Horse of the Year and champion 3-year-old male, will stand in 2013 at Brad Kelley's recently acquired Calumet Farm near Lexington. Kelley is the majority owner of Point Given, who stood for $20,000 in 2012 but will stand this year for a private fee. Point Given, by Thunder Gulch, formerly stood at Robert N. Clay's Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky.

Point Given has 21 stakes winners and the earners of more than $21.5 million. He enjoyed his best season in 2008 when his runners earned nearly $5.5 million.

His leading runners include Canadian Horse of the Year Sealy Hill and additional Canadian champion Points of Grace, plus grade I winners Go Between, Coil, and Point Ashley. Go Between won the Pacific Classic Stakes (gr. I), and Coil took the Haskell Invitational Stakes (gr. I) and the Santa Anita Sprint Championship Stakes (gr. I). Point Ashley scored in the Del Mar Debutante Stakes (gr. I).

Older Comments about Point Given Moves to Calumet Farm...

Nice, very nice.
I really like the direction that Calumet is going. I have high hopes for them!
This is my boy..I feel in love with him. I had such high hopes for him. His daddy was one of my favorite too. I really love this bloodline but it seem like no good mare is going there way.
I like his breeding and still hope the right mare with some bottom to her comes along and.............
Good luck to the Devil's Red! Calumet is taking lots of steps in the right direction.