• Magic Mark upsets the Bertrando Stakes at 11-1 to kickoff the Los Alamitos meet.Posted 22 hours ago
  • Salutos Amigos dominant in Monmouth Park's Mr. Prospector.Posted 5 days ago
  • Crucero upsets the San Juan Capistrano at odds of 23-1.Posted 5 days ago
  • La Verdad skips through the Belmont slop to a victory in the Dancin Renee.Posted 5 days ago
  • Treve too much for Flintshire and the rest in today's Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud.Posted 5 days ago
  • Golden Lad surges late to score in the Prairie Meadows Cornhusker.Posted 5 days ago
  • Bent on Bourbon has his coming out party in the Iowa Derby.Posted 5 days ago
  • Departing slips through on the hedge to win the Firecracker.Posted 5 days ago
  • Sarah Sis just holds off Pangburn in the Iowa Oaks.Posted 5 days ago
  • Cosmic Evolution edges away to victory in the Debutante.Posted 5 days ago

Point Given Moves to Calumet Farm

Point Given, the 2001 Horse of the Year and champion 3-year-old male, will stand in 2013 at Brad Kelley's recently acquired Calumet Farm near Lexington. Kelley is the majority owner of Point Given, who stood for $20,000 in 2012 but will stand this year for a private fee. Point Given, by Thunder Gulch, formerly stood at Robert N. Clay's Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky.

Point Given has 21 stakes winners and the earners of more than $21.5 million. He enjoyed his best season in 2008 when his runners earned nearly $5.5 million.

His leading runners include Canadian Horse of the Year Sealy Hill and additional Canadian champion Points of Grace, plus grade I winners Go Between, Coil, and Point Ashley. Go Between won the Pacific Classic Stakes (gr. I), and Coil took the Haskell Invitational Stakes (gr. I) and the Santa Anita Sprint Championship Stakes (gr. I). Point Ashley scored in the Del Mar Debutante Stakes (gr. I).

Older Comments about Point Given Moves to Calumet Farm...

Nice, very nice.
I really like the direction that Calumet is going. I have high hopes for them!
This is my boy..I feel in love with him. I had such high hopes for him. His daddy was one of my favorite too. I really love this bloodline but it seem like no good mare is going there way.
I like his breeding and still hope the right mare with some bottom to her comes along and.............
Good luck to the Devil's Red! Calumet is taking lots of steps in the right direction.