• Disco Partner (5-2) rolls last to first to win the Elusive Quality on the Belmont lawn.Posted 10 hours ago
  • Battalion Runner and Malagacy will NOT run in the Kentucky Derby, per Todd Pletcher.Posted 11 hours ago
  • Thunder Snow confirmed for the Kentucky Derby by Godolphin.Posted 15 hours ago
  • Quiet Business (16-1) powers home to win the Bewitch at Keeneland.Posted 1 day ago
  • Celtic Chaos (7-1) gets up on the wire to win the Affirmed Success.Posted 1 day ago
  • Girvin, the Kentucky Derby points leader, has a quarter crack, via Byron King.Posted 2 days ago
  • Party Boat (7-2) takes the Memories of Silver on the Aqueduct turf.Posted 6 days ago
  • Dolphus (6-5), Rachel Alexandra's half-brother, wins AQU allowance; Shagaf lastPosted 6 days ago
  • Multiplier (4-1) kicks it in late to get past Hedge Fund in the Illinois Derby.Posted 7 days ago
  • Collected (3-5) rolls home much the best in the Californian.Posted 7 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Kentucky Derby 2017

Point Given Moves to Calumet Farm

Point Given, the 2001 Horse of the Year and champion 3-year-old male, will stand in 2013 at Brad Kelley's recently acquired Calumet Farm near Lexington. Kelley is the majority owner of Point Given, who stood for $20,000 in 2012 but will stand this year for a private fee. Point Given, by Thunder Gulch, formerly stood at Robert N. Clay's Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky.

Point Given has 21 stakes winners and the earners of more than $21.5 million. He enjoyed his best season in 2008 when his runners earned nearly $5.5 million.

His leading runners include Canadian Horse of the Year Sealy Hill and additional Canadian champion Points of Grace, plus grade I winners Go Between, Coil, and Point Ashley. Go Between won the Pacific Classic Stakes (gr. I), and Coil took the Haskell Invitational Stakes (gr. I) and the Santa Anita Sprint Championship Stakes (gr. I). Point Ashley scored in the Del Mar Debutante Stakes (gr. I).

Older Comments about Point Given Moves to Calumet Farm...

Nice, very nice.
I really like the direction that Calumet is going. I have high hopes for them!
This is my boy..I feel in love with him. I had such high hopes for him. His daddy was one of my favorite too. I really love this bloodline but it seem like no good mare is going there way.
I like his breeding and still hope the right mare with some bottom to her comes along and.............
Good luck to the Devil's Red! Calumet is taking lots of steps in the right direction.