• Arrogate draws post position #9 for Saturday's Dubai World Cup.Posted 2 days ago
  • Vale Dori (6-5) wins a virtual match race over Finest City in the G1 Santa Margarita.Posted 6 days ago
  • Malagacy (3-1) remains unbeaten with an impressive Rebel win.Posted 6 days ago
  • Enola Gray (2-5) much the best down the hill in the Irish O'Brien.Posted 6 days ago
  • Jenda's Agenda (2-5) stays unbeaten with a facile win in the Caeser's Wish.Posted 6 days ago
  • Mor Spirit (1-2) too good in the Essex at Oaklawn Park.Posted 6 days ago
  • Distinta (11-1) gets up on the shadow of the wire in the Inside Information.Posted 6 days ago
  • Twisted Tom (4-1) gets up in the final jump to win the Private Terms.Posted 6 days ago
  • Streamline (12-1) upsets the Azeri; rough trip for favorite Terra Promessa.Posted 6 days ago
  • Clothes Fall Off (6-5) undresses the competition in the Correction.Posted 6 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Dubai World Cup 2017

Paynter's Recovery Voted "Moment of the Year"

Paynter's Recovery Voted "Moment of the Year"

Paynter's recovery from life-threatening battles with laminitis and colitis after his victory in the 2012 Haskell Invitational Stakes (gr. I) at Monmouth Park was voted by fans the 2012 National Thoroughbred Racing Association Moment of the Year.

The connections of Paynter will be honored with the "NTRA Moment of the Year" award at the Eclipse Awards, presented by Daily Racing Form, The Stronach Group, and Breeders' Cup Jan. 19 at Gulfstream Park Racetrack and Casino in Hallandale Beach, Fla.

Paynter, a son of Awesome Again   owned by Zayat Stables, has been returned to trainer Bob Baffert and is currently at Santa Anita Park preparing for a 4-year-old campaign.

This year's balloting was conducted at ntra.com and offered voters 12 different images illustrating a wide range of human emotions as well as outstanding displays of equine athleticism. Finishing second was I'll Have Another  's narrow victory over Bodemeister   in the Preakness Stakes (gr. I).

Older Comments about Paynter's Recovery Voted "Moment of the Year"...

I have to agree. There wasn't specifically a 'moment" where Paynter recovered it was a long, drama filled process. I, too, think the Preakness Stakes was the most memorable moment this year, I will never forget watching that race
Kinda silly considering there's no evidence to suggest he's anywhere near the same horse he was prior to his diagnosis. Had he returned to racing and regained his old form I'd be more inclined to call it a "comeback" rather than simply surviving. He could very well regain his old form, but assuming he will at this point is pure conjecture. Plus, there was no actual "moment" when Paynter recovered for it was a gradual process that took many months. I'll Have Another's Preakness is the "moment" I'll always remember from 2012.
Bravo!