• In her seasonal debut, Songbird is a dominant winner of the Las Virgenes at Santa Anita.Posted 1 hour ago
  • Lukes Alley kicks it in late to win the Grade 1 Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap.Posted 1 hour ago
  • Mor Spirit cruises late to win the Robert B. Lewis at Santa Anita.Posted 1 hour ago
  • Aussie-bred Power Alert gets there first in the GP Turf Sprint.Posted 2 hours ago
  • Tommy Macho runs away with the Fred Hooper at Gulfsrtream Park.Posted 4 hours ago
  • No catching Tammy the Torpedo in the turfy Suwannee River.Posted 4 hours ago
  • Lady Shipman (1-5) is an easy winner in the Lady's Turf Sprint at Gulfstream.Posted 4 hours ago
  • Cadet Roni relishes the slop in the Wishing Well at Santa Anita.Posted 6 days ago
  • Flora Dora gets to the wire first in the Big A's Busanda.Posted 6 days ago
  • Frosty Margarita just holds on as Rudy Rodriguez goes 1-2 in the Maddie May.Posted 6 days ago

Pan Zareta: My My My Maria Scores Again

Fair Grounds Race Course
Photo: CDI
Quarter Pole Club III’s My My My Maria, just behind the early leaders, rallied outside those when set down for the drive and drew clear late for a 1 3/4-length score in Saturday’s featured $75,000 Pan Zareta Stakes for older fillies and mares at Fair Grounds.

The Pan Zareta, originally scheduled for the turf, was transferred to the main track at 5 1/2-furlongs and may have helped My My My Maria earn her fourth straight victory since being claimed by trainer Tim Glyshaw for $7,500 last Nov. 1 at Churchill Downs.

“When we claimed her we didn’t have any intention of running in these kinds of races,” said Glyshaw, “but she’s just turned out to be a really nice horse for us.  She’s run on turf before and we would have run her if the race had stayed on dry turf but not if it was soft.”

My My My Maria returned mutuels of $7.60, $4.80 and $3.60, increased her career earnings to $173,634 with her ninth win from 28 lifetime starts and accomplished the distance in 1:05.22.

“She left the gate quick and put herself in the race real quick,” said winning rider Brian Hernandez Jr. of My My My Maria’s win.

Agave Racing Stable’s Monono pressed the pace, took command approaching the lane, could not withstand the winner but continued willingly to save second, paying $8.40 and $5.

Mueller Thoroughbred Stable’s Elusive One rallied late to finish third, a length in arrears of Monono and returned $6.20.

Andrena Van Doren’s favored Starlite Starbrite carved out early splits of 22.66 and 45.88 before stopping late and was pulled up past the wire and vanned off.