• Magic Mark upsets the Bertrando Stakes at 11-1 to kickoff the Los Alamitos meet.Posted 15 hours ago
  • Salutos Amigos dominant in Monmouth Park's Mr. Prospector.Posted 4 days ago
  • Crucero upsets the San Juan Capistrano at odds of 23-1.Posted 4 days ago
  • La Verdad skips through the Belmont slop to a victory in the Dancin Renee.Posted 4 days ago
  • Treve too much for Flintshire and the rest in today's Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud.Posted 5 days ago
  • Golden Lad surges late to score in the Prairie Meadows Cornhusker.Posted 5 days ago
  • Bent on Bourbon has his coming out party in the Iowa Derby.Posted 5 days ago
  • Departing slips through on the hedge to win the Firecracker.Posted 5 days ago
  • Sarah Sis just holds off Pangburn in the Iowa Oaks.Posted 5 days ago
  • Cosmic Evolution edges away to victory in the Debutante.Posted 5 days ago

Pan Zareta: My My My Maria Scores Again

Fair Grounds Race Course
Photo: CDI
Quarter Pole Club III’s My My My Maria, just behind the early leaders, rallied outside those when set down for the drive and drew clear late for a 1 3/4-length score in Saturday’s featured $75,000 Pan Zareta Stakes for older fillies and mares at Fair Grounds.

The Pan Zareta, originally scheduled for the turf, was transferred to the main track at 5 1/2-furlongs and may have helped My My My Maria earn her fourth straight victory since being claimed by trainer Tim Glyshaw for $7,500 last Nov. 1 at Churchill Downs.

“When we claimed her we didn’t have any intention of running in these kinds of races,” said Glyshaw, “but she’s just turned out to be a really nice horse for us.  She’s run on turf before and we would have run her if the race had stayed on dry turf but not if it was soft.”

My My My Maria returned mutuels of $7.60, $4.80 and $3.60, increased her career earnings to $173,634 with her ninth win from 28 lifetime starts and accomplished the distance in 1:05.22.

“She left the gate quick and put herself in the race real quick,” said winning rider Brian Hernandez Jr. of My My My Maria’s win.

Agave Racing Stable’s Monono pressed the pace, took command approaching the lane, could not withstand the winner but continued willingly to save second, paying $8.40 and $5.

Mueller Thoroughbred Stable’s Elusive One rallied late to finish third, a length in arrears of Monono and returned $6.20.

Andrena Van Doren’s favored Starlite Starbrite carved out early splits of 22.66 and 45.88 before stopping late and was pulled up past the wire and vanned off.