• Galileo Gold, under Frankie Dettori, rolls in the 2000 Guineas.Posted 3 hours ago
  • Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 21 hours ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 4 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 5 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 6 days ago
  • Stanford finds his way back to the winner's circle in the Charles Town Classic.Posted 6 days ago
  • Rose Brier sets new course record in the Henry S. Clark.Posted 6 days ago
  • Da Big Hoss lives up to his name with the Dixiana Elkhorn win.Posted 6 days ago
  • Raging Smoke leads all the way in the Sugar Maple.Posted 6 days ago
  • Highland Sky flies home to Woodhaven victory.Posted 6 days ago

Pan Zareta: My My My Maria Scores Again

Fair Grounds Race Course
Photo: CDI
Quarter Pole Club III’s My My My Maria, just behind the early leaders, rallied outside those when set down for the drive and drew clear late for a 1 3/4-length score in Saturday’s featured $75,000 Pan Zareta Stakes for older fillies and mares at Fair Grounds.

The Pan Zareta, originally scheduled for the turf, was transferred to the main track at 5 1/2-furlongs and may have helped My My My Maria earn her fourth straight victory since being claimed by trainer Tim Glyshaw for $7,500 last Nov. 1 at Churchill Downs.

“When we claimed her we didn’t have any intention of running in these kinds of races,” said Glyshaw, “but she’s just turned out to be a really nice horse for us.  She’s run on turf before and we would have run her if the race had stayed on dry turf but not if it was soft.”

My My My Maria returned mutuels of $7.60, $4.80 and $3.60, increased her career earnings to $173,634 with her ninth win from 28 lifetime starts and accomplished the distance in 1:05.22.

“She left the gate quick and put herself in the race real quick,” said winning rider Brian Hernandez Jr. of My My My Maria’s win.

Agave Racing Stable’s Monono pressed the pace, took command approaching the lane, could not withstand the winner but continued willingly to save second, paying $8.40 and $5.

Mueller Thoroughbred Stable’s Elusive One rallied late to finish third, a length in arrears of Monono and returned $6.20.

Andrena Van Doren’s favored Starlite Starbrite carved out early splits of 22.66 and 45.88 before stopping late and was pulled up past the wire and vanned off.