• There's no catching Si Sage in the Grade 2 Charles Whittingham Stakes at Santa Anita.Posted 13 hours ago
  • Lexie Lou returns to her winning ways in today's Grade 2 Nassau Stakes.Posted 16 hours ago
  • Enola Gray takes the Melair gate to wire.Posted 1 day ago
  • Surgical Strike charges on the outside to win the Arlington Classic (G3).Posted 1 day ago
  • Diva Express and I'm a Looker make a dead heat run in the Winning Colors (G3).Posted 1 day ago
  • Flipcup game in Arlington Matron (G3) victory.Posted 1 day ago
  • In his first start since the Remsen, Gift Box rolls over a strong allowance field at Belmont.Posted 3 days ago
  • Nyquist has spiked a fever, delaying his trip to Belmont, via DRF's Dave Grening.Posted 6 days ago
  • Second Summer holds off Hard Aces to win the Grade 2 Californian.Posted 7 days ago
  • Exaggerator turns the tables and is victorious in the Preakness (G1).Posted 8 days ago

Pachattack Takes Doubledogdare

Jockey Julien Leparoux
Flaxman Holdings Ltd.’s Pachattack, under Rajiv Maragh, outdueled a game pace-setting Kathmanblu by a neck to win the 18th running of the $100,000 Hilliard Lyons Doubledogdare (G3) for fillies and mares before a crowd of 19,480 at Keeneland on Friday.

Julien Leparoux rode six winners on the 10-race program, matching a feat achieved only twice before in track history. The 28-year-old Leparoux, who had eight mounts Friday, equaled the record established by Randy Romero and Craig Perret during the 1990 spring meet.

“It was a great day,” Leparoux said. “Coming into today I knew I had a shot, but you still have to win them. I have had a lot of favorites (previously) but did not win on them.

“I was really thinking I could get (the record and the win in the Hilliard Lyons Doubledogdare),” he said. “She (Kathmanblu) was relaxed. When I could see who was outside of me I knew it was Rajiv (Maragh) so I knew it was going to be a fight to the finish. She ran good for her first race back.”

Leparoux put Kathmanblu on the lead in the 1 1/16-mile race and opened a daylight advantage going into the first turn. Entering the backstretch, Maragh moved Pachattack into second and tracked Kathmanblu to the far turn where she closed in on Kathmanblu.

Pachattack gained a narrow advantage at the head of the stretch and barely prevailed in the drive to the wire. Pachattack, making her first start since running third in the Breeders’ Cup Ladies’ Classic (G1) in November, covered the distance on the main track in 1:43.75.

Now trained by Graham Motion, Pachattack earned $60,000 for the victory and boosted her bankroll to $786,893 with a record of 27-6-5-4. Pachattack is a 6-year-old Kentucky-bred daughter of Pulpit out of the Red Ransom mare El Laoob.

Pachattack returned $3.40, $2.40 and $2.10. Kathmanblu paid $4.40 and $2.60 in finishing 2½ lengths in front of La Gran Bailadora, who returned $2.40 to show under Corey Lanerie. It was 6½ lengths back to Sea Level Drive, who was followed in order by My Pal Chrisy and Lunar Mist.

Leparoux won the opener on Rhonin Victoria ($5.80), the second on Love Reigns ($7.20), the fourth on Rally Point ($7.40), the fifth on Sum of the Parts ($4.60), the seventh on Julie’s Love (GB) ($4) and the eighth on Into the Fray ($8). Leparoux also finished fourth in third race on Pisgah Station.