• Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 3 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 4 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 5 days ago
  • Stanford finds his way back to the winner's circle in the Charles Town Classic.Posted 5 days ago
  • Rose Brier sets new course record in the Henry S. Clark.Posted 5 days ago
  • Da Big Hoss lives up to his name with the Dixiana Elkhorn win.Posted 5 days ago
  • Raging Smoke leads all the way in the Sugar Maple.Posted 5 days ago
  • Highland Sky flies home to Woodhaven victory.Posted 5 days ago
  • Brooklynsway upsets I'm A Chatterbox in the Doubledogdare at 25-1.Posted 6 days ago
  • Cupid has been removed from consideration from the Kentucky Derby; Mo Tom is now in.Posted 10 days ago

Pachattack Primed for Beverly D

Pachattack Primed for Beverly D

Michael Deegan’s Pachattack, one of two invaders for Saturday’s Grade I Beverly D. Stakes as the Arlington Million’s sister race, cantered once around Arlington’s main track Wednesday morning under exercise rider Andrew Morris.

On hand to observe his 4-year-old filly’s move was Michael Deegan, an Irishman who is engaged in the construction business on the Emerald Isle but also has raced a number of stakes quality horses over the last decade.

“This is what racing is all about,” said Deegan.  “I enjoy traveling around the world to see my horses run.  This is my first trip to Arlington, and I’m very impressed.  It is an absolutely beautiful facility.  I’m looking forward to the Beverly D.  This is a very nice filly we have brought for your race and we’re looking forward to having a crack at it.  However, it’s not going to be easy.  It looks like there are a lot of good fillies and mares in the race.”

Pachattack won her last start at Great Britain’s Newbury in the listed EBF Chalice Stakes on Aug. 1 and captured the listed EBF Hoppings Stakes before that at Newcastle June 24 under the tutelage of Gerard Butler.

Over most of the past decade, Deegan raced Jack Sullivan as part of the International Carnival Partnership.

“We ran Jack Sullivan at Belmont Park in the (Grade I) Breeders’ Cup Classic, went to Japan to run him in the (Group I) Japan Cup Dirt, and we also finished fourth in the (Grade I) Dubai World Cup with him in 2005 when Roses in May won it.”

Also on the track Wednesday morning in advance of Saturday’s Beverly D. was the locally-based Romacaca, who races in the black and white silks of Arlington’s perennial leading owner Frank Calabrese and is trained by Nick Canani   The 4-year-old filly was backed up to the quarter pole at about 6:50 a.m. and galloped a mile and three-eighths.

Richard Duchossois’ Éclair de Lune, runner-up in the Grade III Modesty Handicap on July 17 as the designed prep for the Beverly D., galloped on the main track shortly before 8 a.m. Wednesday under the supervision of Hall of Fame trainer Ron McAnally.