• American Pharoah drew post position #5 as the 3-5 favorite in a field of 8 for the Belmont.Posted 59 minutes ago
  • Lady Eli remains unbeaten with her victory in the Wonder Again at Belmont Park.Posted 2 days ago
  • Force the Pass just gets up in the $500,000 Penn Mile with a late rush.Posted 3 days ago
  • Catch A Flight outduels Moreno to the wire in the Californian.Posted 3 days ago
  • It's all Golden Lad in the Mountainview at Penn National.Posted 3 days ago
  • Amelia's Wild Ride just holds off Ben's Cat to win the Pennsylvania Governor's Cup.Posted 3 days ago
  • Spanish Queen edges by Feathered down the lane to win the Grade 1 American Oaks.Posted 3 days ago
  • Divisidero relentless from the outside to get up in the Pennine Ridge.Posted 3 days ago
  • Delicious run by The Pizza Man to win the Opening Verse.Posted 3 days ago
  • Alsvid upsets champion Work All Week in the Aristides at Churchill Downs.Posted 3 days ago

Out of Bounds on course for San Felipe

Sham Stakes winner Out of Bounds continues to advance towards the Grade II, $300,000 San Felipe Stakes on March 10, a steppingstone to the Grade I, $750,000 Santa Anita Derby on April 7.

The son of Discreet Cat trained by Eoin Harty for owner/breeder Darley Stable worked six furlongs Monday on Hollywood Park’s Cushion Track in 1:13.40. “Three more works,” Harty said. “He’s right on course.”

Told the San Felipe looks like it’s coming up pretty salty with the likes of Fed Biz, Empire Way, Liaison, Midnight Transfer and Rousing Sermon among the probables, the droll Irishman stood his ground with Out of Bounds. “He’s pretty salty,” Harty said.

“If they can’t compete, they don’t belong.”

Older Comments about Out of Bounds on course for San Felipe...

I was thinking that after Out of Bounds won the Sham Stakes in his next start the San Felipe he'd be running under the Godolphin blue silks rather than the Darley maroon and white silks?
I thought that after Out of Bounds won the Sham Stakes in his next start the San Felipe he'd be running under the Godolphin blue silks rather than the Darley maroon and white silks?
Floridaf:I heard after his last two training works,in both he came back wash out.
Out Of Bounds is bred for speed, speed, and more speed. Distance limit estimate would be maybe 1 1/8 mile. When he does find his distance limit he'll be very hard to beat.
Mary, personally I will take Empire Way over Out of Bounds. He ran a darn good race in the Robert B. Lewis and will continue to improve.
If they both go in the San Felipe, I'm picking Out Of Bounds over Empire Way. Empire Way hopefully can take second and add to his gse because I'd love to see him in the TC races, particularly the Belmont, but I was very impressed by Out Of Bounds' two wins and his workouts. This big colt is my current second favorite Derby horse. Check out his dam, a BC distaff winner.
Sham Stakes winner Out of Bounds worked five furlongs on Hollywood Park’s Cushion Track Monday in 59.80 for the Grade II San Felipe Stakes on March 10. “Super,” is how trainer Eoin Harty termed the workout. “It was just what I wanted. He did it very easy.”
As do I, though surly skeptics discount his Sham Stakes win (...already flattered by Secret Circle's Southwest).
I think Out Of Bounds is the Real Deal !