• Disco Partner (5-2) rolls last to first to win the Elusive Quality on the Belmont lawn.Posted 20 minutes ago
  • Battalion Runner and Malagacy will NOT run in the Kentucky Derby, per Todd Pletcher.Posted 1 hour ago
  • Thunder Snow confirmed for the Kentucky Derby by Godolphin.Posted 5 hours ago
  • Quiet Business (16-1) powers home to win the Bewitch at Keeneland.Posted 1 day ago
  • Celtic Chaos (7-1) gets up on the wire to win the Affirmed Success.Posted 1 day ago
  • Girvin, the Kentucky Derby points leader, has a quarter crack, via Byron King.Posted 2 days ago
  • Party Boat (7-2) takes the Memories of Silver on the Aqueduct turf.Posted 6 days ago
  • Dolphus (6-5), Rachel Alexandra's half-brother, wins AQU allowance; Shagaf lastPosted 6 days ago
  • Multiplier (4-1) kicks it in late to get past Hedge Fund in the Illinois Derby.Posted 6 days ago
  • Collected (3-5) rolls home much the best in the Californian.Posted 6 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Kentucky Derby 2017

Ode to Kentucky Derby 138

My Creative Cause for this year's Derby contains some international flare. Take Charge Indy and son Bodemeister took a Prospective trip to Africa, learning about the wildlife - particularly the elusive Sabercat that Daddy Long Legs hoped to bag. Junior all the while expressed concern for their safety, but was told "Relax... Daddy Nose Best."

In Dullahan, Ireland, lads can be found drinking with El Padrino while disparaging the Union Rags. Along those lines, Father Mark Valeski accepted the difficult position of Liaison between Great Britain and Ireland, delivering Rousing Sermon(s) while citizens there Went the Day Well. In Trinniberg and Tobago, a common expression heard after dark is "I'll Have Another," which coincidentally is also shared by Dr. Hansen.

Like any other astute handicapper, this week I will continue to seek Alpha with my bets so that I can afford a return visit to my Gemologist, for it has been much too long since my last visit.  That's all folks, I'm Done Talking, so sit back and relax the 138th running of the Kentucky Derby!

Older Comments about Ode to Kentucky Derby 138...

Nice, Eric, you were really On Fire Baby and you did it with Grace. Hall yourself up to Louisville for a little early Summer Applause.