• Royal Posse (3-5) repeats in the Claiming Crown Jewel and becomes a millionaire.Posted 1 hour ago
  • King and His Court (8-5) flies home to win the Display Stakes.Posted 1 hour ago
  • R Angel Katelyn (8-5) leads all the way in the Sandpiper.Posted 1 hour ago
  • Rapid Rhythm runs them down in the Battle of New Orleans.Posted 1 hour ago
  • Highway Star (7-1) is up in time to win the Go for Wand.Posted 2 hours ago
  • Chance of Luck (7-2) holds on to take the Inaugural StakesPosted 2 hours ago
  • Whitmore wins the 6th race at Aqueduct, his first race back since the Kentucky Derby.Posted 3 hours ago
  • Even Thunder (5-2) holds on to win the King's Swan.Posted 1 day ago
  • Effinex, earner of more than $3.3 million, has been retired to stud in New York.Posted 4 days ago
  • Back on dirt, Midnight Storm (8-5) rolls home in the Native Diver.Posted 5 days ago

Ode to Kentucky Derby 138

My Creative Cause for this year's Derby contains some international flare. Take Charge Indy and son Bodemeister took a Prospective trip to Africa, learning about the wildlife - particularly the elusive Sabercat that Daddy Long Legs hoped to bag. Junior all the while expressed concern for their safety, but was told "Relax... Daddy Nose Best."

In Dullahan, Ireland, lads can be found drinking with El Padrino while disparaging the Union Rags. Along those lines, Father Mark Valeski accepted the difficult position of Liaison between Great Britain and Ireland, delivering Rousing Sermon(s) while citizens there Went the Day Well. In Trinniberg and Tobago, a common expression heard after dark is "I'll Have Another," which coincidentally is also shared by Dr. Hansen.

Like any other astute handicapper, this week I will continue to seek Alpha with my bets so that I can afford a return visit to my Gemologist, for it has been much too long since my last visit.  That's all folks, I'm Done Talking, so sit back and relax the 138th running of the Kentucky Derby!

Older Comments about Ode to Kentucky Derby 138...

Nice, Eric, you were really On Fire Baby and you did it with Grace. Hall yourself up to Louisville for a little early Summer Applause.