• Kitten's Point gets there late to win Keeneland's Bewitch.Posted 11 hours ago
  • Keen Ice is now in at #20 for the Kentucky Derby following the defection of Madefromlucky.Posted 15 hours ago
  • Get Happy Mister rides the rails to victory in the San Simeon.Posted 5 days ago
  • El Kabeir breezed 5F in 1:00.18 (3/16) Sunday at BelmontPosted 5 days ago
  • Whiskey Ticket just holds off Conquest Curlinate in the Illinois Derby.Posted 6 days ago
  • Moreno wins the Charles Town Classic, as Shared Belief is eased.Posted 6 days ago
  • Dramedy just holds on to win Keeneland's Elkhorn at 30-1.Posted 6 days ago
  • It's all Hootenanny in his first race back since winning the BC Juvenile Turf.Posted 6 days ago
  • La Verdad best in the Grade 2 Distaff.Posted 6 days ago
  • Carpe Diem covers 4F in :48.00 (5/76) Saturday at Keeneland Posted 6 days ago

Ode to Kentucky Derby 138

My Creative Cause for this year's Derby contains some international flare. Take Charge Indy and son Bodemeister took a Prospective trip to Africa, learning about the wildlife - particularly the elusive Sabercat that Daddy Long Legs hoped to bag. Junior all the while expressed concern for their safety, but was told "Relax... Daddy Nose Best."

In Dullahan, Ireland, lads can be found drinking with El Padrino while disparaging the Union Rags. Along those lines, Father Mark Valeski accepted the difficult position of Liaison between Great Britain and Ireland, delivering Rousing Sermon(s) while citizens there Went the Day Well. In Trinniberg and Tobago, a common expression heard after dark is "I'll Have Another," which coincidentally is also shared by Dr. Hansen.

Like any other astute handicapper, this week I will continue to seek Alpha with my bets so that I can afford a return visit to my Gemologist, for it has been much too long since my last visit.  That's all folks, I'm Done Talking, so sit back and relax the 138th running of the Kentucky Derby!

Older Comments about Ode to Kentucky Derby 138...

Nice, Eric, you were really On Fire Baby and you did it with Grace. Hall yourself up to Louisville for a little early Summer Applause.