• Girvin, the Kentucky Derby points leader, has a quarter crack, via Byron King.Posted 6 minutes ago
  • Party Boat (7-2) takes the Memories of Silver on the Aqueduct turf.Posted 3 days ago
  • Dolphus (6-5), Rachel Alexandra's half-brother, wins AQU allowance; Shagaf lastPosted 3 days ago
  • Multiplier (4-1) kicks it in late to get past Hedge Fund in the Illinois Derby.Posted 4 days ago
  • Collected (3-5) rolls home much the best in the Californian.Posted 4 days ago
  • Imperative (5-1) surges past Matt King Coal for his second win in the Charles Town Classic.Posted 4 days ago
  • Itsinthepost (5-2) proves best in Keeneland's Elkhorn.Posted 4 days ago
  • Inordinate (5-2) surges to victory in the San Juan Capistrano.Posted 4 days ago
  • Twisted Tom (5-1) is a game winner of a sloppy Federico Tesio Stakes.Posted 4 days ago
  • Classic Rock (6-5) rolls in the Roar, the Preakness could be next.Posted 5 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Kentucky Derby 2017

Oaks: Lukas Reveals Strategy

“I decided to enter three, and what I’m going to do is put one in the gate, one at the sixteenth pole, and I’m going to put my last one on the relay up at the kitchen and hope we can finish with (Rachel), and then I’m not even sure we can get it done,” he said with a laugh.

“We’re realistic. We know Rachel Alexandra is a super good filly. Since Winning Colors, I think she’s the best one to come along,” Lukas said, referring to the 1988 Derby winner. Lukas should know, since he trained the massively sized gray mare, who was just the third female to take home the roses. “I thought Winning Colors was an unbelieveable filly, and (Rachel Alexandra) is also.”