• Materiality turns away the challenge of Upstart to win the Florida Derby.Posted 2 days ago
  • International Star reels in Stanford late to win the Louisiana Derby.Posted 2 days ago
  • I'm A Chatterbox sweeps the 3yo filly stakes at Fair Grounds with today's win in the Oaks.Posted 2 days ago
  • Pants On Fire guts out a win in the Sir Shackleton.Posted 2 days ago
  • War Correspondent rolls late to win the Appleton.Posted 2 days ago
  • Prince Bishop wins the world's richest race; California Chrome 2nd.Posted 2 days ago
  • Dolniya dominates the boys in the Dubai Sheema ClassicPosted 2 days ago
  • Solow defeats The Grey Gatsby in the $6,000,000 Dubai TurfPosted 2 days ago
  • Secret Circle wins Golden Shaheen Sprint in Dubai.Posted 2 days ago

Oaks: Lukas Reveals Strategy

“I decided to enter three, and what I’m going to do is put one in the gate, one at the sixteenth pole, and I’m going to put my last one on the relay up at the kitchen and hope we can finish with (Rachel), and then I’m not even sure we can get it done,” he said with a laugh.

“We’re realistic. We know Rachel Alexandra is a super good filly. Since Winning Colors, I think she’s the best one to come along,” Lukas said, referring to the 1988 Derby winner. Lukas should know, since he trained the massively sized gray mare, who was just the third female to take home the roses. “I thought Winning Colors was an unbelieveable filly, and (Rachel Alexandra) is also.”