• Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 3 days ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 3 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 3 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 3 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 3 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 3 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 3 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 4 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 4 days ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 9 days ago

Oaks: Lukas Reveals Strategy

“I decided to enter three, and what I’m going to do is put one in the gate, one at the sixteenth pole, and I’m going to put my last one on the relay up at the kitchen and hope we can finish with (Rachel), and then I’m not even sure we can get it done,” he said with a laugh.

“We’re realistic. We know Rachel Alexandra is a super good filly. Since Winning Colors, I think she’s the best one to come along,” Lukas said, referring to the 1988 Derby winner. Lukas should know, since he trained the massively sized gray mare, who was just the third female to take home the roses. “I thought Winning Colors was an unbelieveable filly, and (Rachel Alexandra) is also.”