• Texas Chrome (2-1) bravely squeezed through on the rail for an Oklahoma Derby win.Posted 4 days ago
  • Unbridled Mo (4-1) rides the rail to victory in the Remington Park Oaks.Posted 4 days ago
  • Accelerate (1-1) rallies to win the Los Alamitos Derby (G2).Posted 5 days ago
  • Connect (10-1) upsets the Pennsylvania Derby.Posted 5 days ago
  • Songbird (1-5) gets win number 11 in the Cotillion (G1) at Parx Racing.Posted 5 days ago
  • Noholdingback Bear (3-1) wins the Gallant Bob (G3) at Parx Racing.Posted 5 days ago
  • 2015 Turf Champion Big Blue Kitten has been retired from racing, via the Chad Brown barn.Posted 8 days ago
  • No catching Sarah Sis (10-1) in the Presque Isle Downs Masters.Posted 10 days ago
  • Victory to Victory  7-1) pulls clear in the Grade 1 Natalma Stakes.Posted 11 days ago
  • Good Samaritan (3-1) rolls to a Breeders' Cup birth with a Summer Stakes win.Posted 11 days ago

Oaks: Lukas Reveals Strategy

“I decided to enter three, and what I’m going to do is put one in the gate, one at the sixteenth pole, and I’m going to put my last one on the relay up at the kitchen and hope we can finish with (Rachel), and then I’m not even sure we can get it done,” he said with a laugh.

“We’re realistic. We know Rachel Alexandra is a super good filly. Since Winning Colors, I think she’s the best one to come along,” Lukas said, referring to the 1988 Derby winner. Lukas should know, since he trained the massively sized gray mare, who was just the third female to take home the roses. “I thought Winning Colors was an unbelieveable filly, and (Rachel Alexandra) is also.”