Breeders' Cup 2014

GET FREE BREEDERS' CUP PICKS!  WATCH THE VIDEO!
  • Untapable and a retiring Rosie Napravnik earn the top prize in the BC Distaff! Posted 9 hours ago
  • Lady Eli rides the rails to victory in the BC Juvenile Fillies Turf! Posted 9 hours ago
  • Goldencents wins his second Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile! Posted 9 hours ago
  • Hootenanny keys a 1-2 BC Juvenile Turf for Wesley Ward! Posted 9 hours ago
  • American Pharoah is out of the BC Juvenile due to a bone bruise. Posted 3 days ago
  • Dame Dorothy remains unbeaten in the Turnback the Alarm! Posted 5 days ago
  • West Coast Belle wins the Rags to Riches for fun! Posted 5 days ago
  • Conquest Tsunami storms to victory in the Street Sense! Posted 5 days ago
  • Military Attack defeats a top field in the Sha Tin Trophy! Posted 5 days ago
  • Canadian Lexie Lou wins the Autumn Miss at Santa Anita! Posted 6 days ago

Oaks: Lukas Reveals Strategy

“I decided to enter three, and what I’m going to do is put one in the gate, one at the sixteenth pole, and I’m going to put my last one on the relay up at the kitchen and hope we can finish with (Rachel), and then I’m not even sure we can get it done,” he said with a laugh.

“We’re realistic. We know Rachel Alexandra is a super good filly. Since Winning Colors, I think she’s the best one to come along,” Lukas said, referring to the 1988 Derby winner. Lukas should know, since he trained the massively sized gray mare, who was just the third female to take home the roses. “I thought Winning Colors was an unbelieveable filly, and (Rachel Alexandra) is also.”