• Danzing Candy (3-10) makes it look easy going all the way in a muddy Lone Star Handicap.Posted 17 hours ago
  • Ashleyluvssugar (5-2) bursts through under Gary Stevens to win his 2nd Charles Whittingham.Posted 18 hours ago
  • In his first race since the Travers, Destin finishes 3rd in the 8th at Belmont.Posted 20 hours ago
  • The well bred Souper Tapit (9-5) runs to the money in the Marine Stakes.Posted 20 hours ago
  • Cloud Computing will not run in the Belmont Stakes, instead waiting for Saratoga's Jim Dandy.Posted 21 hours ago
  • Cupid (7-1) makes a winning comeback in the Grade 1 Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 1 day ago
  • Illuminant (8-5) sneaks up the rail to capture the Grade 2 Monrovia.Posted 1 day ago
  • Cowboy Culture (5-2) is the clear victor in the Grade 3 Arlington Classic.Posted 1 day ago
  • Lady Eli (3-5) keeps Goodyearforroses at bay to win the Grade 1 Gamely.Posted 1 day ago
  • Finley'sluckycharm (1-5) runs away with the Grade 3 Winning Colors.Posted 1 day ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Belmont Stakes 2017

No Immediate Plans for Rydilluc

Trainer Gary Contessa said Friday he has no immediate plans for Rydilluc, a Grade 3 winner on grass who breezed over the main track at Saratoga on Thursday.

A 3-year-old son of Medaglia d'Oro, Rydilluc was timed in 49.86 seconds for four furlongs. He had three previous works over the Oklahoma training track turf, which is open for training on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

"He [worked on the dirt], only because that was the day I wanted to work him," Contessa said of Rydilluc, winner of the Grade 3 Palm Beach and the inaugural Penn Mile. "He's not a horse that has to work on the turf."

Most recently, Rydilluc was 11th, beaten 13 lengths, in the Grade 1 Secretariat at Arlington Park on August 17 after skipping the Grade 2 National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame when it came off the Saratoga turf.

"I really felt like I had a real excuse for his race, so I just have to move on, that's all," Contessa said. "I'm not looking at [another spot]. I'm looking at maybe a little bit of a breather, maybe going to Keeneland, maybe staying [in New York] for one of those overnight stakes. I like to just show up when least expected.

"There's a nice race for him on September 8th at Belmont Park, a flat mile turf stake for 3-year-olds [$100,000 Halissee overnight stakes]. It's probably not on my agenda, but it's there."