• The longest shot Zakaroff (45-1) rallies to upset the El Camino Real Derby (G3) at Golden Gate Fields.Posted 1 day ago
  • Stonestreet's Terra Promessa (1-2) blitzes the field in the Bayakoa (G3) at Oaklawn Park.Posted 1 day ago
  • Imperial Hint (5-2) takes the General George (G3) at Laurel. Posted 1 day ago
  • High Ridge Road (3-1) runs them down to take the Barbara Fritchie (G2) at Laurel.Posted 1 day ago
  • Curlin's Approval (4-5) dominates in the Royal Delta.Posted 1 day ago
  • Multiple graded stakes winner, Alsvid, has been retired from racing.Posted 4 days ago
  • In her 2017 debut, Winx was sensational again, raising her winning streak to 14.Posted 6 days ago
  • Iliad (2-1) much the best in the San Vicente Stakes.Posted 7 days ago
  • Chanel's Legacy (13-1) pulls off the upset in the Martha Washington Stakes.Posted 8 days ago
  • Bolo (6-1) surges late to win the Arcadia for a second straight year.Posted 8 days ago

No Immediate Plans for Rydilluc

Trainer Gary Contessa said Friday he has no immediate plans for Rydilluc, a Grade 3 winner on grass who breezed over the main track at Saratoga on Thursday.

A 3-year-old son of Medaglia d'Oro, Rydilluc was timed in 49.86 seconds for four furlongs. He had three previous works over the Oklahoma training track turf, which is open for training on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

"He [worked on the dirt], only because that was the day I wanted to work him," Contessa said of Rydilluc, winner of the Grade 3 Palm Beach and the inaugural Penn Mile. "He's not a horse that has to work on the turf."

Most recently, Rydilluc was 11th, beaten 13 lengths, in the Grade 1 Secretariat at Arlington Park on August 17 after skipping the Grade 2 National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame when it came off the Saratoga turf.

"I really felt like I had a real excuse for his race, so I just have to move on, that's all," Contessa said. "I'm not looking at [another spot]. I'm looking at maybe a little bit of a breather, maybe going to Keeneland, maybe staying [in New York] for one of those overnight stakes. I like to just show up when least expected.

"There's a nice race for him on September 8th at Belmont Park, a flat mile turf stake for 3-year-olds [$100,000 Halissee overnight stakes]. It's probably not on my agenda, but it's there."