• Accelerate (7-1) wins in a romp as Arrogate finishes way back in the San Diego Handicap. Posted 7 hours ago
  • Hunt (3-1) waits and then blows by in the Grade 2 Eddie Read.Posted 10 hours ago
  • Lady Eli (9-10), giving eight pounds, edges Quidura on the wire of the Grade 1 Diana.Posted 10 hours ago
  • Firenze Fire (12-1) holds off Free Drop Billy in the Sanford Stakes.Posted 11 hours ago
  • Twisted Tom (7-10) scores a hard-earned win in the New York Derby.Posted 12 hours ago
  • Proctor's Ledge (6-1), with first-time Lasix, rolls on the turf in the Lake George.Posted 1 day ago
  • Dream It Is (4-1) romps in the Grade 3 Schuylerville at Saratoga.Posted 1 day ago
  • Indycott (7-5) wins the opener, as they're off at Saratoga!Posted 1 day ago
  • Bowies Hero (3-1) much the best in the Oceanside Stakes on opening day at Del Mar.Posted 3 days ago
  • Irap (7-5) romps home a big winner of the Indiana Derby.Posted 7 days ago
Saratoga and Del Mar 2017

No Immediate Plans for Rydilluc

Trainer Gary Contessa said Friday he has no immediate plans for Rydilluc, a Grade 3 winner on grass who breezed over the main track at Saratoga on Thursday.

A 3-year-old son of Medaglia d'Oro, Rydilluc was timed in 49.86 seconds for four furlongs. He had three previous works over the Oklahoma training track turf, which is open for training on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

"He [worked on the dirt], only because that was the day I wanted to work him," Contessa said of Rydilluc, winner of the Grade 3 Palm Beach and the inaugural Penn Mile. "He's not a horse that has to work on the turf."

Most recently, Rydilluc was 11th, beaten 13 lengths, in the Grade 1 Secretariat at Arlington Park on August 17 after skipping the Grade 2 National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame when it came off the Saratoga turf.

"I really felt like I had a real excuse for his race, so I just have to move on, that's all," Contessa said. "I'm not looking at [another spot]. I'm looking at maybe a little bit of a breather, maybe going to Keeneland, maybe staying [in New York] for one of those overnight stakes. I like to just show up when least expected.

"There's a nice race for him on September 8th at Belmont Park, a flat mile turf stake for 3-year-olds [$100,000 Halissee overnight stakes]. It's probably not on my agenda, but it's there."