• Lady Shipman breezes home much the best in Belmont's License Fee.Posted 2 days ago
  • Ben's Cat sprints home late to win his 10yo seasonal debut in thrilling fashion.Posted 2 days ago
  • Minding shows her class, easily winning the 1000 Guineas.Posted 2 days ago
  • Uncle Lino digs in to win the inaugural California Chrome Stakes.Posted 2 days ago
  • A Lot holds off favored Green Mask by a whisker to win the Elusive Quality.Posted 3 days ago
  • Galileo Gold, under Frankie Dettori, rolls in the 2000 Guineas.Posted 3 days ago
  • Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 4 days ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 7 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 9 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 9 days ago

No Immediate Plans for Rydilluc

Trainer Gary Contessa said Friday he has no immediate plans for Rydilluc, a Grade 3 winner on grass who breezed over the main track at Saratoga on Thursday.

A 3-year-old son of Medaglia d'Oro, Rydilluc was timed in 49.86 seconds for four furlongs. He had three previous works over the Oklahoma training track turf, which is open for training on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

"He [worked on the dirt], only because that was the day I wanted to work him," Contessa said of Rydilluc, winner of the Grade 3 Palm Beach and the inaugural Penn Mile. "He's not a horse that has to work on the turf."

Most recently, Rydilluc was 11th, beaten 13 lengths, in the Grade 1 Secretariat at Arlington Park on August 17 after skipping the Grade 2 National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame when it came off the Saratoga turf.

"I really felt like I had a real excuse for his race, so I just have to move on, that's all," Contessa said. "I'm not looking at [another spot]. I'm looking at maybe a little bit of a breather, maybe going to Keeneland, maybe staying [in New York] for one of those overnight stakes. I like to just show up when least expected.

"There's a nice race for him on September 8th at Belmont Park, a flat mile turf stake for 3-year-olds [$100,000 Halissee overnight stakes]. It's probably not on my agenda, but it's there."