• Arrogate draws post position #9 for Saturday's Dubai World Cup.Posted 15 hours ago
  • Vale Dori (6-5) wins a virtual match race over Finest City in the G1 Santa Margarita.Posted 4 days ago
  • Malagacy (3-1) remains unbeaten with an impressive Rebel win.Posted 4 days ago
  • Enola Gray (2-5) much the best down the hill in the Irish O'Brien.Posted 4 days ago
  • Jenda's Agenda (2-5) stays unbeaten with a facile win in the Caeser's Wish.Posted 4 days ago
  • Mor Spirit (1-2) too good in the Essex at Oaklawn Park.Posted 4 days ago
  • Distinta (11-1) gets up on the shadow of the wire in the Inside Information.Posted 4 days ago
  • Twisted Tom (4-1) gets up in the final jump to win the Private Terms.Posted 4 days ago
  • Streamline (12-1) upsets the Azeri; rough trip for favorite Terra Promessa.Posted 4 days ago
  • Clothes Fall Off (6-5) undresses the competition in the Correction.Posted 4 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Dubai World Cup 2017

No Comeback for Laffit Pincay Jr.

Looking almost riding-fit, retired Hall of Fame jockey Laffit Pincay Jr. was a visitor to Clockers’ Corner Saturday morning. “I keep myself busy,” said Pincay, who turns 65 on Dec. 29. “I visit my mother a lot. She lives in Arcadia about five minutes from my home, so I go there every day. She’s 88 now.

“I’ve been traveling a lot, too. I’ve been to Kentucky for the Secretariat Festival and I just came back from Baltimore and the Maryland Millions, where I signed autographs. Then I went to San Francisco for a golf tournament, so I’ve been busy.”

Despite his physical and mental sharpness, Pincay dismisses the urging of his many fans to return to the saddle.

“I’m around 130 pounds these days,” said Pincay, who tacked 117 pounds late in his career. “A lot of people tell me I should go back to riding. I’m skinny, but I weigh 130 and it would be tough to get the weight off.”

Pincay’s son, Laffit III, regularly offers his expertise and displays his matinee-idol good looks on HRTV and today is at Keeneland broadcasting on the Versus cable network.