• ZATT's Star of the Week, is ... Winx!Posted 13 hours ago
  • Elektrum (5-2) gets up in the final jump to win the Grade 3 Dowager at Keeneland.Posted 16 hours ago
  • Roca Rojo (4-1) storms home to romp in Belmont's Athenia.Posted 16 hours ago
  • Lightstream (2-1) rolls late to pass Malibu Stacy for the Raven Run win.Posted 1 day ago
  • Royal Posse (5-2) likes the off going and upsets Governor Malibu in the Empire Classic.Posted 1 day ago
  • Bar of Gold (4-5) wins the Empire Distaff by a country mile.Posted 1 day ago
  • Pat On The Back (20-1) puts them to sleep in a sloppy Sleepy Hollow.Posted 1 day ago
  • 2001 Kentucky Derby winner, Monarchos has passed away at the age of 18.Posted 1 day ago
  • Winx absolutely dominant in winning a second Cox Plate.Posted 2 days ago
  • Quidura (7-2) scores another graded stakes win at Keeneland for Graham Motion.Posted 2 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

No Comeback for Laffit Pincay Jr.

Looking almost riding-fit, retired Hall of Fame jockey Laffit Pincay Jr. was a visitor to Clockers’ Corner Saturday morning. “I keep myself busy,” said Pincay, who turns 65 on Dec. 29. “I visit my mother a lot. She lives in Arcadia about five minutes from my home, so I go there every day. She’s 88 now.

“I’ve been traveling a lot, too. I’ve been to Kentucky for the Secretariat Festival and I just came back from Baltimore and the Maryland Millions, where I signed autographs. Then I went to San Francisco for a golf tournament, so I’ve been busy.”

Despite his physical and mental sharpness, Pincay dismisses the urging of his many fans to return to the saddle.

“I’m around 130 pounds these days,” said Pincay, who tacked 117 pounds late in his career. “A lot of people tell me I should go back to riding. I’m skinny, but I weigh 130 and it would be tough to get the weight off.”

Pincay’s son, Laffit III, regularly offers his expertise and displays his matinee-idol good looks on HRTV and today is at Keeneland broadcasting on the Versus cable network.