• Highland Reel wins another big one, this time in the Prince of Wales's at Royal Ascot.Posted 22 hours ago
  • Highland Reel (2-1) powers to victory in the Prince of Wales's Stakes (G1) at Royal AscotPosted 22 hours ago
  • Lady Aurelia (2-1) easily wins at Royal Ascot again in the King's Stand (G1).Posted 1 day ago
  • Timeline (1-10) cruises in Monmouth's Pegasus Stakes to remain perfect..Posted 3 days ago
  • Sweeping Paddy (7-2) pounces and scores in the Regret Stakes.Posted 4 days ago
  • Gun Runner (1-2) romps home much the best in the Grade 1 Stephen Foster.Posted 4 days ago
  • Forever Unbridled (1-1) way too much for her Fleur de Lis foes.Posted 4 days ago
  • Kasaqui (3-1) rolls down the lane to victory in the Wise Dan.Posted 4 days ago
  • Faypien (7-2) edges Mopotism in the Grade 2 Summertime Oaks.Posted 4 days ago
  • McCraken (1-5) rolls to a facile score in the Matt Winn.Posted 4 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Royal Ascot 2017

No Comeback for Laffit Pincay Jr.

Looking almost riding-fit, retired Hall of Fame jockey Laffit Pincay Jr. was a visitor to Clockers’ Corner Saturday morning. “I keep myself busy,” said Pincay, who turns 65 on Dec. 29. “I visit my mother a lot. She lives in Arcadia about five minutes from my home, so I go there every day. She’s 88 now.

“I’ve been traveling a lot, too. I’ve been to Kentucky for the Secretariat Festival and I just came back from Baltimore and the Maryland Millions, where I signed autographs. Then I went to San Francisco for a golf tournament, so I’ve been busy.”

Despite his physical and mental sharpness, Pincay dismisses the urging of his many fans to return to the saddle.

“I’m around 130 pounds these days,” said Pincay, who tacked 117 pounds late in his career. “A lot of people tell me I should go back to riding. I’m skinny, but I weigh 130 and it would be tough to get the weight off.”

Pincay’s son, Laffit III, regularly offers his expertise and displays his matinee-idol good looks on HRTV and today is at Keeneland broadcasting on the Versus cable network.