• California Chrome (2-5) makes it look too easy in his Grade 1 Awesome Again score.Posted 2 minutes ago
  • Gormley (11-1) leads all the way in the Grade 1 FrontRunner.Posted 33 minutes ago
  • Forever Unbridled (3-5) easily sweeps past her competitors in the Grade 1 Beldame.Posted 52 minutes ago
  • Joking (4-1) was not fooling around to get up and take the Grade 1 Vosburgh.Posted 1 hour ago
  • Tom's Ready (9-2) comes from behind to win the Grade 3 Ack Ack Handicap.Posted 1 hour ago
  • Ectot (9-1) upsets Flintshire to run away with the Grade 1 Joe Hirsch Turf Classic.Posted 3 hours ago
  • Holy Lute (10-1) pulls off the surprise in the second division of the Eddie D.Posted 22 hours ago
  • Ambitious Brew (5-1) rolls to victory in the first division of the Eddie D.Posted 1 day ago
  • Texas Chrome (2-1) bravely squeezed through on the rail for an Oklahoma Derby win.Posted 5 days ago
  • Unbridled Mo (4-1) rides the rail to victory in the Remington Park Oaks.Posted 5 days ago

No Comeback for Laffit Pincay Jr.

Looking almost riding-fit, retired Hall of Fame jockey Laffit Pincay Jr. was a visitor to Clockers’ Corner Saturday morning. “I keep myself busy,” said Pincay, who turns 65 on Dec. 29. “I visit my mother a lot. She lives in Arcadia about five minutes from my home, so I go there every day. She’s 88 now.

“I’ve been traveling a lot, too. I’ve been to Kentucky for the Secretariat Festival and I just came back from Baltimore and the Maryland Millions, where I signed autographs. Then I went to San Francisco for a golf tournament, so I’ve been busy.”

Despite his physical and mental sharpness, Pincay dismisses the urging of his many fans to return to the saddle.

“I’m around 130 pounds these days,” said Pincay, who tacked 117 pounds late in his career. “A lot of people tell me I should go back to riding. I’m skinny, but I weigh 130 and it would be tough to get the weight off.”

Pincay’s son, Laffit III, regularly offers his expertise and displays his matinee-idol good looks on HRTV and today is at Keeneland broadcasting on the Versus cable network.