• Nyquist has spiked a fever, delaying his trip to Belmont, via DRF's Dave Grening.Posted 2 days ago
  • Second Summer holds off Hard Aces to win the Grade 2 Californian.Posted 2 days ago
  • Exaggerator turns the tables and is victorious in the Preakness (G1).Posted 3 days ago
  • Takeover Target flies home late to win from last in the Grade 2 Dixie.Posted 3 days ago
  • American Freedom fights back for Sir Barton victory.Posted 4 days ago
  • Mizz Money holds on to take the Gallorette (G3) by a nose.Posted 4 days ago
  • Justin Squared was too fast to catch in the Chick Lang.Posted 4 days ago
  • Lady Shipman does not disappoint with a victory in The Very One.Posted 4 days ago
  • Marengo Road gets ahead to take the James W. Murphy.Posted 4 days ago
  • Awtaad upsets Galileo Gold to win the Irish 2000 Guineas.Posted 4 days ago

No Comeback for Laffit Pincay Jr.

Looking almost riding-fit, retired Hall of Fame jockey Laffit Pincay Jr. was a visitor to Clockers’ Corner Saturday morning. “I keep myself busy,” said Pincay, who turns 65 on Dec. 29. “I visit my mother a lot. She lives in Arcadia about five minutes from my home, so I go there every day. She’s 88 now.

“I’ve been traveling a lot, too. I’ve been to Kentucky for the Secretariat Festival and I just came back from Baltimore and the Maryland Millions, where I signed autographs. Then I went to San Francisco for a golf tournament, so I’ve been busy.”

Despite his physical and mental sharpness, Pincay dismisses the urging of his many fans to return to the saddle.

“I’m around 130 pounds these days,” said Pincay, who tacked 117 pounds late in his career. “A lot of people tell me I should go back to riding. I’m skinny, but I weigh 130 and it would be tough to get the weight off.”

Pincay’s son, Laffit III, regularly offers his expertise and displays his matinee-idol good looks on HRTV and today is at Keeneland broadcasting on the Versus cable network.