• Lady Shipman breezes home much the best in Belmont's License Fee.Posted 3 days ago
  • Ben's Cat sprints home late to win his 10yo seasonal debut in thrilling fashion.Posted 3 days ago
  • Minding shows her class, easily winning the 1000 Guineas.Posted 3 days ago
  • Uncle Lino digs in to win the inaugural California Chrome Stakes.Posted 4 days ago
  • A Lot holds off favored Green Mask by a whisker to win the Elusive Quality.Posted 4 days ago
  • Galileo Gold, under Frankie Dettori, rolls in the 2000 Guineas.Posted 4 days ago
  • Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 5 days ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 8 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 10 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 11 days ago

Nicole H Finds Room in Correction

Nicole H extended her inner-track unbeaten streak to four Saturday afternoon at Aqueduct Racetrack, splitting horses in the stretch and going on to a 2 ½-length victory in the 72nd running of the $100,000 Correction Stakes.

Tracking in third along the rail as Winning Image was stalked by Golden Mystery through an opening quarter-mile in 23.18 and a half in 46.78, Nicole H found herself blocked to the outside as they turned for home. Urged between the two front runners by jockey Ramon Dominguez, Nicole H grabbed the lead and widened her advantage through the stretch.

"I was actually trying to work my way out from the half-mile to the three-eighths pole, but unfortunately, horses kept coming to my outside, and really, I was left with no choice," Dominguez said. "I felt like I had enough horse and she was handy enough where even if the horse in front had come in, even in a split-second, I had the horse to get inside or outside. I would have rather been tracking on the outside, but I was very happy about the way she was taking me. When she finally got through, she continued going. She was a lot handier than last time."

The 5-year-old daughter of Mr. Greeley completed six furlongs in 1:11.08 and returned $3.00 as the 1-2 favorite. Longshot Honchis'n Ponchis came on late to edge Golden Mystery for second and Love That Dance, Streaker, Cinco de Mayo Mio and Winning Image completed the order of finish.

"Cornelio [Velasquez, aboard Golden Mystery] race-rode my horse pretty strong. It was good riding, but you hope the best horse makes the trainer and jockey look pretty smart," said Mike Hushion, who trains Nicole H for Gem, Inc. "We've always felt she was one of the best fillies in the country. We have the rest of the year to prove it."

Nicole H now claims a record of 7-6-2 from 18 starts and a $404,344 bankroll, including the $60,000 she earned for today's victory. Next up could be a title defense in the Grade 2, $200,000 Distaff Handicap run at seven furlongs over Aqueduct's main track on April 14.

"There are a lot of choices, but that would be the obvious one," Hushion said.