• Unique Bella is off the Kentucky Oaks trail with a sore shin, per Steve Anderson.Posted 1 hour ago
  • Hence (10-1) rallies to win the Sunland Park Derby going away.Posted 1 day ago
  • Ghalia (2-1) edges a game Kell Paso in the Sunland Park Oaks.Posted 1 day ago
  • Itsinthepost (6-1) drives home the win in the Grade 2 San Luis Rey.Posted 2 days ago
  • Fear the Cowboy (7-2) comes running late to capture the Grade 3 Skip Away.Posted 2 days ago
  • Fast and Accurate (24-1) bursts through to upset the Grade 3 Spiral.Posted 2 days ago
  • Purely a Dream (12-1) pulls ahead in the stretch to take the Grade 3 Bourbonette Oaks.Posted 2 days ago
  • Arrogate, despite a dreadful break, wins the Dubai World Cup easily.Posted 3 days ago
  • Jack Hobbs is much the best in the Sheema Classic.Posted 3 days ago
  • Vivlos flies late to get up for the win in the $6 million Dubai Turf.Posted 3 days ago

Nicole H Finds Room in Correction

Nicole H extended her inner-track unbeaten streak to four Saturday afternoon at Aqueduct Racetrack, splitting horses in the stretch and going on to a 2 ½-length victory in the 72nd running of the $100,000 Correction Stakes.

Tracking in third along the rail as Winning Image was stalked by Golden Mystery through an opening quarter-mile in 23.18 and a half in 46.78, Nicole H found herself blocked to the outside as they turned for home. Urged between the two front runners by jockey Ramon Dominguez, Nicole H grabbed the lead and widened her advantage through the stretch.

"I was actually trying to work my way out from the half-mile to the three-eighths pole, but unfortunately, horses kept coming to my outside, and really, I was left with no choice," Dominguez said. "I felt like I had enough horse and she was handy enough where even if the horse in front had come in, even in a split-second, I had the horse to get inside or outside. I would have rather been tracking on the outside, but I was very happy about the way she was taking me. When she finally got through, she continued going. She was a lot handier than last time."

The 5-year-old daughter of Mr. Greeley completed six furlongs in 1:11.08 and returned $3.00 as the 1-2 favorite. Longshot Honchis'n Ponchis came on late to edge Golden Mystery for second and Love That Dance, Streaker, Cinco de Mayo Mio and Winning Image completed the order of finish.

"Cornelio [Velasquez, aboard Golden Mystery] race-rode my horse pretty strong. It was good riding, but you hope the best horse makes the trainer and jockey look pretty smart," said Mike Hushion, who trains Nicole H for Gem, Inc. "We've always felt she was one of the best fillies in the country. We have the rest of the year to prove it."

Nicole H now claims a record of 7-6-2 from 18 starts and a $404,344 bankroll, including the $60,000 she earned for today's victory. Next up could be a title defense in the Grade 2, $200,000 Distaff Handicap run at seven furlongs over Aqueduct's main track on April 14.

"There are a lot of choices, but that would be the obvious one," Hushion said.