• In his first start since the Remsen, Gift Box rolls over a strong allowance field at Belmont.Posted 1 day ago
  • Nyquist has spiked a fever, delaying his trip to Belmont, via DRF's Dave Grening.Posted 4 days ago
  • Second Summer holds off Hard Aces to win the Grade 2 Californian.Posted 4 days ago
  • Exaggerator turns the tables and is victorious in the Preakness (G1).Posted 5 days ago
  • Takeover Target flies home late to win from last in the Grade 2 Dixie.Posted 6 days ago
  • American Freedom fights back for Sir Barton victory.Posted 6 days ago
  • Mizz Money holds on to take the Gallorette (G3) by a nose.Posted 6 days ago
  • Justin Squared was too fast to catch in the Chick Lang.Posted 6 days ago
  • Lady Shipman does not disappoint with a victory in The Very One.Posted 6 days ago
  • Marengo Road gets ahead to take the James W. Murphy.Posted 6 days ago

New York Stallion Stakes Quotes

NEW YORK STALLION STAKES QUOTES

Park Avenue Division

John Terranova, winning trainer of favored Franny Freud (No. 6): “She’s gotten better and better as she’s grown and matured and who knows how good she could be?  She was really was really impressive in the Grade 2 Beaumont at Keeneland and we wanted to see how she would come back to the dirt here. There are races coming up here at Belmont like the Prioress [Grade 1, $250,000, 6 furlongs on July 4] that we’d consider.  We’ll see how she comes back, but it looked like she did that really well. She’s just a special, special girl.”

Garrett Gomez, winning rider aboard favored Franny Freud (No. 6): “She’s not very big, but she’s full of heart – little, but mighty. She became a little aggressive with me a couple of times right before the half. I tried to get her backed off just a little bit, and she listened to me. I shortened my cross just before we turned for home and she started to lengthen, and that’s pretty much all I asked her to do. Every time I took a peek back they were farther behind.”

Times Square Division

John Terranova, winning trainer of favored General Maximus (No. 6): “We haven’t had this one for long; he spent the winter at GoldMark Farm in the care of Todd Quast and Karl Keegan. I had seen him about six weeks ago down there and he looked great.  They did a great job with him and we’ve had him a couple of weeks now, breezed him the one time, but he came in awesome shape. He’s just a really talented colt and he looks like the real deal. From here we’ll get to know him a little bit better and see how he comes back off of this.”

Javier Castellano, winning rider aboard favored General Maximus (No. 6): “I was completely confident today. I really like the horse. He’s a very honest horse, and today he showed up. He’s a speed horse who likes to be in front, so he enjoyed the trip. I asked him a little bit just to see what I had, and as soon as he responded I dropped my hands.”