• Danzing Candy (3-10) makes it look easy going all the way in a muddy Lone Star Handicap.Posted 34 minutes ago
  • Ashleyluvssugar (5-2) bursts through under Gary Stevens to win his 2nd Charles Whittingham.Posted 1 hour ago
  • In his first race since the Travers, Destin finishes 3rd in the 8th at Belmont.Posted 3 hours ago
  • The well bred Souper Tapit (9-5) runs to the money in the Marine Stakes.Posted 3 hours ago
  • Cloud Computing will not run in the Belmont Stakes, instead waiting for Saratoga's Jim Dandy.Posted 4 hours ago
  • Cupid (7-1) makes a winning comeback in the Grade 1 Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 1 day ago
  • Illuminant (8-5) sneaks up the rail to capture the Grade 2 Monrovia.Posted 1 day ago
  • Cowboy Culture (5-2) is the clear victor in the Grade 3 Arlington Classic.Posted 1 day ago
  • Lady Eli (3-5) keeps Goodyearforroses at bay to win the Grade 1 Gamely.Posted 1 day ago
  • Finley'sluckycharm (1-5) runs away with the Grade 3 Winning Colors.Posted 1 day ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Belmont Stakes 2017

New York Stallion Stakes Quotes

NEW YORK STALLION STAKES QUOTES

Park Avenue Division

John Terranova, winning trainer of favored Franny Freud (No. 6): “She’s gotten better and better as she’s grown and matured and who knows how good she could be?  She was really was really impressive in the Grade 2 Beaumont at Keeneland and we wanted to see how she would come back to the dirt here. There are races coming up here at Belmont like the Prioress [Grade 1, $250,000, 6 furlongs on July 4] that we’d consider.  We’ll see how she comes back, but it looked like she did that really well. She’s just a special, special girl.”

Garrett Gomez, winning rider aboard favored Franny Freud (No. 6): “She’s not very big, but she’s full of heart – little, but mighty. She became a little aggressive with me a couple of times right before the half. I tried to get her backed off just a little bit, and she listened to me. I shortened my cross just before we turned for home and she started to lengthen, and that’s pretty much all I asked her to do. Every time I took a peek back they were farther behind.”

Times Square Division

John Terranova, winning trainer of favored General Maximus (No. 6): “We haven’t had this one for long; he spent the winter at GoldMark Farm in the care of Todd Quast and Karl Keegan. I had seen him about six weeks ago down there and he looked great.  They did a great job with him and we’ve had him a couple of weeks now, breezed him the one time, but he came in awesome shape. He’s just a really talented colt and he looks like the real deal. From here we’ll get to know him a little bit better and see how he comes back off of this.”

Javier Castellano, winning rider aboard favored General Maximus (No. 6): “I was completely confident today. I really like the horse. He’s a very honest horse, and today he showed up. He’s a speed horse who likes to be in front, so he enjoyed the trip. I asked him a little bit just to see what I had, and as soon as he responded I dropped my hands.”