• Ambitious Brew (5-1) rolls to victory in the first division of the Eddie D.Posted 1 hour ago
  • Texas Chrome (2-1) bravely squeezed through on the rail for an Oklahoma Derby win.Posted 4 days ago
  • Unbridled Mo (4-1) rides the rail to victory in the Remington Park Oaks.Posted 4 days ago
  • Accelerate (1-1) rallies to win the Los Alamitos Derby (G2).Posted 5 days ago
  • Connect (10-1) upsets the Pennsylvania Derby.Posted 6 days ago
  • Songbird (1-5) gets win number 11 in the Cotillion (G1) at Parx Racing.Posted 6 days ago
  • Noholdingback Bear (3-1) wins the Gallant Bob (G3) at Parx Racing.Posted 6 days ago
  • 2015 Turf Champion Big Blue Kitten has been retired from racing, via the Chad Brown barn.Posted 9 days ago
  • No catching Sarah Sis (10-1) in the Presque Isle Downs Masters.Posted 11 days ago
  • Victory to Victory  7-1) pulls clear in the Grade 1 Natalma Stakes.Posted 12 days ago

New York Stallion Stakes Quotes

NEW YORK STALLION STAKES QUOTES

Park Avenue Division

John Terranova, winning trainer of favored Franny Freud (No. 6): “She’s gotten better and better as she’s grown and matured and who knows how good she could be?  She was really was really impressive in the Grade 2 Beaumont at Keeneland and we wanted to see how she would come back to the dirt here. There are races coming up here at Belmont like the Prioress [Grade 1, $250,000, 6 furlongs on July 4] that we’d consider.  We’ll see how she comes back, but it looked like she did that really well. She’s just a special, special girl.”

Garrett Gomez, winning rider aboard favored Franny Freud (No. 6): “She’s not very big, but she’s full of heart – little, but mighty. She became a little aggressive with me a couple of times right before the half. I tried to get her backed off just a little bit, and she listened to me. I shortened my cross just before we turned for home and she started to lengthen, and that’s pretty much all I asked her to do. Every time I took a peek back they were farther behind.”

Times Square Division

John Terranova, winning trainer of favored General Maximus (No. 6): “We haven’t had this one for long; he spent the winter at GoldMark Farm in the care of Todd Quast and Karl Keegan. I had seen him about six weeks ago down there and he looked great.  They did a great job with him and we’ve had him a couple of weeks now, breezed him the one time, but he came in awesome shape. He’s just a really talented colt and he looks like the real deal. From here we’ll get to know him a little bit better and see how he comes back off of this.”

Javier Castellano, winning rider aboard favored General Maximus (No. 6): “I was completely confident today. I really like the horse. He’s a very honest horse, and today he showed up. He’s a speed horse who likes to be in front, so he enjoyed the trip. I asked him a little bit just to see what I had, and as soon as he responded I dropped my hands.”