Hey Nation Fans!
We’re back, with the new commenting
system! We listened to your concerns last time, and we’ve incorporated a few
changes we think you'll love:
“What the Nation is Saying” (and the Pulse page) will
still be found on the front page, so you can see what others are commenting on. Please note that this will be updated every five minutes, so have patience! Your comments will be seen!
Comments made before the switchover will be archived on each page, underneath the new Disqus commenting system. This means that all of your old comments will be waiting for you, right where you left them.
Some Important How-To Info:
How do I log in?
You can use your Facebook, or Twitter to log in, or it just takes a second to make an account with Disqus. You can also use your HRN Login to use the commenting system, just note that in order to follow other
commenters, as well as some other features, you’ll have to have a Disqus account or merge it with your HRN Login.
Merge your Disqus account with your HRN Login. How?
· Head to disqus.com
· Log In with your Disqus account
· Go to Settings
· Click on Merging
· Select the profile you wish to
Who are these Mods I see around?
· Mods are us! We’re the owners
and staff of Horse Racing Nation, who work everyday to bring you awesome racing
content! Feel free to ask us questions, or just say hi!
What's great about Disqus (the new system)?
Horse Racing Nation is all about community. With Disqus, our members can easily engage and share with each other. It also includes:
- Realtime discussions & beautiful mobile commenting.
- Instant activity notifications when someone replies to your
- Allows you to follow interesting people in the community.
- Rich media support including images and video (because
everyone should be able to see your photos of the Breeders Cup!)
We hope that you'll enjoy sharing and interacting on Disqus. And if you missed it the first time, here's some great info on the changes that we've made:
1) New Community Comments On Every Page
This is the biggest change
you'll notice this week, and one we're most excited to show you. The new
comments will be on every news story, blog and profile page, and include a host
of features like:
- Login with your current HRN username,
or with Facebook or Twitter
- Works great on phones and tablets
- Vote comments UP or DOWN
- Automatically share your HRN comments
on social sites
- Upload your own custom avatar
- Include pictures & links in your comments
- Get updates when others reply to you
This will replace the long-running "What The Nation Is
Talking About" comments section for a faster, easier and more fun comment
2) New Mobile Design
We've also made some small
changes to HRN that make a big difference if you visit us on your phone or
- Full-sized photos in News and Blogs
- Horse, Person and Race Pages automatically conform to mobile screens
- New HRN Original Blogs headers
The new comments section is made for mobile too, so you can seamlessly like,
comment and share HRN stories on both your home computer and your phone!