• Far From Over is injured and off the Kentucky Derby trail, according to owner, James Covello.Posted 12 hours ago
  • Materiality turns away the challenge of Upstart to win the Florida Derby.Posted 3 days ago
  • International Star reels in Stanford late to win the Louisiana Derby.Posted 3 days ago
  • I'm A Chatterbox sweeps the 3yo filly stakes at Fair Grounds with today's win in the Oaks.Posted 3 days ago
  • Pants On Fire guts out a win in the Sir Shackleton.Posted 3 days ago
  • War Correspondent rolls late to win the Appleton.Posted 3 days ago
  • Prince Bishop wins the world's richest race; California Chrome 2nd.Posted 3 days ago
  • Dolniya dominates the boys in the Dubai Sheema ClassicPosted 3 days ago
  • Solow defeats The Grey Gatsby in the $6,000,000 Dubai TurfPosted 3 days ago

Neck ‘n Neck Will Work Early Next Week

Travers 2012 logo

A. Stevens Miles Jr.’s Neck ‘n Neck is expected to turn in his final breeze for the Travers on Sunday or Monday, trainer Ian Wilkes said Friday.

“We’re going to work him Sunday or Monday,” said Wilkes. “I’m leaning more towards Monday, but we have to keep an eye on the weather.”

Neck ‘n Neck was beaten two lengths by Alpha in the Grade 2 Jim Dandy last month and is expected to face many of the same horses in next week’s Grade 1 Travers, but for the moment, Wilkes isn’t worrying too much about his competition.

“I just need to get one spot better, don’t I?” he asked rhetorically outside his Clare Court barn.

“I can’t worry about the other horses right now,” he added. “We’ve got eight days, we’ve got another work to get through, and I’ve got to just worry about him.”

Neck ‘n Neck came out of the Jim Dandy well and is, according to his trainer, in good shape heading towards the Travers. “He’s fine. No problems,” said Wilkes. “His works have been good and I’m very pleased with him.”