• There will be a Pick Six carryover of $42,460 when racing resumes Thursday at Los Alamitos.Posted 7 hours ago
  •  Assateague goes wire to wire in the Dr. James Penny Memorial!Posted 1 day ago
  • Clearly Now breaks the 7f track record at Belmont - 1:19.96.Posted 4 days ago
  • There will be a Pick Six carryover of $28,880 when racing resumes July 4 at Los Al.Posted 5 days ago
  • 1-9 Frac Daddy upset by Sky Captain in the Dominion Day! Posted 8 days ago
  •  Size holds off Ria Antonia in the Iowa Oaks!Posted 10 days ago
  •  Declassify game in the Triple Bend!Posted 11 days ago
  •  Riposte proves best in the New York Handicap!Posted 11 days ago
  •  Work All Week holds off Delaunay in the Iowa Sprint!Posted 11 days ago

NYRA Unveils Belmont Stakes 2013 Logo

Belmont Stakes 2013 logo.
The New York Racing Association, Inc. (NYRA) has unveiled the logo for the 145th running of the Belmont Stakes, the 1½-mile “Test of the Champion,” the longest and final leg of thoroughbred racing’s Triple Crown for 3-year-olds.

The 2013 Belmont Stakes logo features a bold, graphic depiction of a racehorse superimposed before a stylized version of the Manhattan skyline featuring the iconic Empire State Building. Skyline, horse, and rider are perched atop a “Belmont Stakes” banner, which stretches above the date of the race.

The Grade 1, $1 million Belmont Stakes will be held Saturday, June 8, with live television coverage on NBC.

The 2013 Belmont Stakes logo was designed by Kevin House of Kevin Creative (http://www.kevincreative.com).

What the Nation is saying about NYRA Unveils Belmont Stakes 2013 Logo...

Commenting will be activated once this submission is approved.
going for the first time this summer...Hope it is not too hot.
;) got ya.
My Original comment about 14f was a joke...hence the wink.
Gallops, The race could be moved to Japan, too. Winky face.
I hope so too cocoa..last year I had high hopes of a TC winner.
Have fun, Sword. I'm going to my 7th ever Preakness. Very excited!
I hope you get to see a triple crown!
I'm going visit Elmont this June to watch the Belmont Stake Live. I hope this year belmont stakes gets some good competition.
Some can, but usually on turf and on lighting fast tracks. Not at Belmont park. And when they come back they look like the air was squeezed out of them, and run it in 2:30-something, you have to be disapointed.
To me, in June, 10 furlongs is too far for them. As tv puts it, nowadays horses SURVIVE 12, not run. There are some that can run it though. Calidioscopio, Dhaamer, and Richard's Kid all can run 12 (running it in the Tokyo City tomorrow).... Stating these babies should go 14 in June astonishes me.
9f is too far for these horses, at 12f it's whomever is left
14 furlongs for young, immature babies in June? These are 3 1/4 year old babies, not 5 year old horses. 12 furlongs is testing enough, and that is the tradition anyway, the distance for the "Test of the Champion" should always be 12 furlongs. 14 is WAY WAY too long for these babies.
I like it!. They should stretch this race out to 14 furlongs.... ;)