• In his first start since the Remsen, Gift Box rolls over a strong allowance field at Belmont.Posted 1 day ago
  • Nyquist has spiked a fever, delaying his trip to Belmont, via DRF's Dave Grening.Posted 5 days ago
  • Second Summer holds off Hard Aces to win the Grade 2 Californian.Posted 5 days ago
  • Exaggerator turns the tables and is victorious in the Preakness (G1).Posted 6 days ago
  • Takeover Target flies home late to win from last in the Grade 2 Dixie.Posted 6 days ago
  • American Freedom fights back for Sir Barton victory.Posted 6 days ago
  • Mizz Money holds on to take the Gallorette (G3) by a nose.Posted 6 days ago
  • Justin Squared was too fast to catch in the Chick Lang.Posted 6 days ago
  • Lady Shipman does not disappoint with a victory in The Very One.Posted 6 days ago
  • Marengo Road gets ahead to take the James W. Murphy.Posted 6 days ago

NYRA Unveils Belmont Stakes 2013 Logo

Belmont Stakes 2013 logo.
The New York Racing Association, Inc. (NYRA) has unveiled the logo for the 145th running of the Belmont Stakes, the 1½-mile “Test of the Champion,” the longest and final leg of thoroughbred racing’s Triple Crown for 3-year-olds.

The 2013 Belmont Stakes logo features a bold, graphic depiction of a racehorse superimposed before a stylized version of the Manhattan skyline featuring the iconic Empire State Building. Skyline, horse, and rider are perched atop a “Belmont Stakes” banner, which stretches above the date of the race.

The Grade 1, $1 million Belmont Stakes will be held Saturday, June 8, with live television coverage on NBC.

The 2013 Belmont Stakes logo was designed by Kevin House of Kevin Creative (http://www.kevincreative.com).

Older Comments about NYRA Unveils Belmont Stakes 2013 Logo...

going for the first time this summer...Hope it is not too hot.
;) got ya.
My Original comment about 14f was a joke...hence the wink.
Gallops, The race could be moved to Japan, too. Winky face.
I hope so too cocoa..last year I had high hopes of a TC winner.
Have fun, Sword. I'm going to my 7th ever Preakness. Very excited!
I hope you get to see a triple crown!
I'm going visit Elmont this June to watch the Belmont Stake Live. I hope this year belmont stakes gets some good competition.
Some can, but usually on turf and on lighting fast tracks. Not at Belmont park. And when they come back they look like the air was squeezed out of them, and run it in 2:30-something, you have to be disapointed.
To me, in June, 10 furlongs is too far for them. As tv puts it, nowadays horses SURVIVE 12, not run. There are some that can run it though. Calidioscopio, Dhaamer, and Richard's Kid all can run 12 (running it in the Tokyo City tomorrow).... Stating these babies should go 14 in June astonishes me.
9f is too far for these horses, at 12f it's whomever is left
14 furlongs for young, immature babies in June? These are 3 1/4 year old babies, not 5 year old horses. 12 furlongs is testing enough, and that is the tradition anyway, the distance for the "Test of the Champion" should always be 12 furlongs. 14 is WAY WAY too long for these babies.
I like it!. They should stretch this race out to 14 furlongs.... ;)