• Lady Shipman breezes home much the best in Belmont's License Fee.Posted 12 hours ago
  • Ben's Cat sprints home late to win his 10yo seasonal debut in thrilling fashion.Posted 15 hours ago
  • Minding shows her class, easily winning the 1000 Guineas.Posted 17 hours ago
  • Uncle Lino digs in to win the inaugural California Chrome Stakes.Posted 1 day ago
  • A Lot holds off favored Green Mask by a whisker to win the Elusive Quality.Posted 1 day ago
  • Galileo Gold, under Frankie Dettori, rolls in the 2000 Guineas.Posted 1 day ago
  • Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 2 days ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 5 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 7 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 8 days ago

NYRA Unveils Belmont Stakes 2013 Logo

Belmont Stakes 2013 logo.
The New York Racing Association, Inc. (NYRA) has unveiled the logo for the 145th running of the Belmont Stakes, the 1½-mile “Test of the Champion,” the longest and final leg of thoroughbred racing’s Triple Crown for 3-year-olds.

The 2013 Belmont Stakes logo features a bold, graphic depiction of a racehorse superimposed before a stylized version of the Manhattan skyline featuring the iconic Empire State Building. Skyline, horse, and rider are perched atop a “Belmont Stakes” banner, which stretches above the date of the race.

The Grade 1, $1 million Belmont Stakes will be held Saturday, June 8, with live television coverage on NBC.

The 2013 Belmont Stakes logo was designed by Kevin House of Kevin Creative (http://www.kevincreative.com).

Older Comments about NYRA Unveils Belmont Stakes 2013 Logo...

going for the first time this summer...Hope it is not too hot.
;) got ya.
My Original comment about 14f was a joke...hence the wink.
Gallops, The race could be moved to Japan, too. Winky face.
I hope so too cocoa..last year I had high hopes of a TC winner.
Have fun, Sword. I'm going to my 7th ever Preakness. Very excited!
I hope you get to see a triple crown!
I'm going visit Elmont this June to watch the Belmont Stake Live. I hope this year belmont stakes gets some good competition.
Some can, but usually on turf and on lighting fast tracks. Not at Belmont park. And when they come back they look like the air was squeezed out of them, and run it in 2:30-something, you have to be disapointed.
To me, in June, 10 furlongs is too far for them. As tv puts it, nowadays horses SURVIVE 12, not run. There are some that can run it though. Calidioscopio, Dhaamer, and Richard's Kid all can run 12 (running it in the Tokyo City tomorrow).... Stating these babies should go 14 in June astonishes me.
9f is too far for these horses, at 12f it's whomever is left
14 furlongs for young, immature babies in June? These are 3 1/4 year old babies, not 5 year old horses. 12 furlongs is testing enough, and that is the tradition anyway, the distance for the "Test of the Champion" should always be 12 furlongs. 14 is WAY WAY too long for these babies.
I like it!. They should stretch this race out to 14 furlongs.... ;)