• Long shot Stormy Lucy (65-1) upsets the Matriarch (G1) at Del Mar in the last stride. Posted 14 hours ago
  • Dortmund romps home a winner in the Native Diver.Posted 1 day ago
  • Commissioner much the best in the Hawthorne Gold Cup.Posted 1 day ago
  • Chiropractor edges March for a Hollywood Derby win at 14-1.Posted 1 day ago
  • Airoforce takes to the dirt in a big way, pulling away to win the Kentucky Jockey Club.Posted 1 day ago
  • Carina Mia turns back Stageplay in the Golden Rod.Posted 1 day ago
  • Tonalist with a late rush to just get up in the Cigar Mile!Posted 1 day ago
  • Forever Unbridled outduels Carrumba to the wire in the Comely.Posted 1 day ago
  • Mohaymen an impressive winner of Aqueduct's nine furlong Remsen.Posted 1 day ago
  • Lewis Bay runs to her odds in the Demoiselle.Posted 1 day ago

My Miss Aurelia Returns in Mandy's Gold

My Miss Aurelia breaks maiden at Saratoga (7-22-11).
Unbeaten champion My Miss Aurelia, who began her career with a pair of victories at Saratoga Race Course, makes her 2012 debut in Wednesday’s $100,000 Mandy’s Gold overnight stakes for 3-year-old fillies going 6 ½ furlongs.

Unraced since wrapping up the 2-year-old filly title with a front-running, three-length victory in the Grade 1 Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies in November, My Miss Aurelia missed the early part of 2012 with a minor shin injury and returned to the worktab in May. Most recently, the Smart Strike filly breezed six furlongs in 1:13.03 on July 29 over the Oklahoma training track.

My Miss Aurelia, owned by George Bolton and Stonestreet Stable, broke her maiden at the Spa on July 22 and next annexed the Grade 2 Adirondack on August 14, followed by the Grade 1 Frizette on October 8 at Belmont Park for trainer Steve Assmussen.

Julien Leparoux will ride My Miss Aurelia in Wednesday’s race, which also drew Well Kept, Srumdiddlyumptious, Delightful Quality, Ageless, Ullapool, and Xunlei.

Older Comments about My Miss Aurelia Returns in Mandy's Gold ...

My Miss Aurelia breezed 4f in :49.98 (9/21) at Saratoga (dirt training) on 8-5.