• Stellar Wind (9-2) overtakes a battling Beholder (1-9) in the Clement L. Hirsch (G1).Posted 4 hours ago
  • Laoban (27-1) wins his very first race in 8 starts in the Jim Dandy (G2).Posted 6 hours ago
  • A.P. Indian (9-2) gets the jump on Holy Boss (3-1) to win the Alfred G. Vanderbilt (G1). Posted 6 hours ago
  • Stonetastic (2-5) cruises to an easy victory in the Regret.Posted 7 hours ago
  • Lexie Lou (1-5) refuses to let Internal Bourbon (9-2) by in the Victoriana.Posted 7 hours ago
  • Flintshire (1-9) fights his way through and rolls to victory in the Bowling Green (G2).Posted 8 hours ago
  • Mind Your Biscuits (3-1) runs up the rail to win the Amsterdam (G2).Posted 9 hours ago
  • Connect, a son of Curlin, connects in the Curlin Stakes at Saratoga.Posted 1 day ago
  • Gold Rush Dancer (14-1) pulls the upset in Del Mar's Real Good Deal Stakes.Posted 3 days ago
  • Haveyougoneaway (7-2) wears down Paulassilverlining to win the Honorable Miss at Saratoga.Posted 3 days ago

My Miss Aurelia Ready for La Brea

September 22, 2012. My Miss Aurelia, ridden by Corey Nakatani and trained by Steve Asmussen, wins the 43rd running of the Grade 1 Cotillion Stakes at Parx Racing on Cotillion/PA Derby Day. Questing (inside), Irad Ortiz Jr. up, is second. (Joan Fairman Kanes/Eclipse Sportswire)

My Miss Aurelia, runner-up to Royal Delta in the Breeders’ Cup Ladies’ Classic at Santa Anita last Nov. 2, worked four furlongs on Santa Anita’s fast main track Thursday morning in 48:60 for her 4-year-old debut in the Grade I La Brea Stakes at seven furlongs on opening day.

“She’s doing great,” said Scott Blasi, assistant to trainer Steve Asmussen, who has 29 head on hand for the winter/spring meet. “She’s a good-feeling filly. She’s not mean, very manageable and self-reliant.”

Blasi has a vested interest, of course, but feels My Miss Aurelia is a legitimate favorite to win the Eclipse Award as outstanding 3-year-old filly of 2012. “She should get it,” Blasi said. “She beat Questing twice (in the Grade I, $1 million Cotillion and in the Ladies’ Classic).”

My Miss Aurelia, a bay daughter of Smart Strike owned by Stonestreet Stables and George Bolton and bred by Stonestreet Thoroughbred Holdings, had won six straight races, three of them Grade I’s, before the Ladies’ Classic setback.

Said private clocker Toby Turrell of My Miss Aurelia: “She could not be any more ready.”