• ZATT's Star of the Week, is ... Winx!Posted 4 days ago
  • Elektrum (5-2) gets up in the final jump to win the Grade 3 Dowager at Keeneland.Posted 4 days ago
  • Roca Rojo (4-1) storms home to romp in Belmont's Athenia.Posted 4 days ago
  • Lightstream (2-1) rolls late to pass Malibu Stacy for the Raven Run win.Posted 5 days ago
  • Royal Posse (5-2) likes the off going and upsets Governor Malibu in the Empire Classic.Posted 5 days ago
  • Bar of Gold (4-5) wins the Empire Distaff by a country mile.Posted 5 days ago
  • Pat On The Back (20-1) puts them to sleep in a sloppy Sleepy Hollow.Posted 5 days ago
  • 2001 Kentucky Derby winner, Monarchos has passed away at the age of 18.Posted 5 days ago
  • Winx absolutely dominant in winning a second Cox Plate.Posted 5 days ago
  • Quidura (7-2) scores another graded stakes win at Keeneland for Graham Motion.Posted 6 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

My Miss Aurelia Ready for La Brea

September 22, 2012. My Miss Aurelia, ridden by Corey Nakatani and trained by Steve Asmussen, wins the 43rd running of the Grade 1 Cotillion Stakes at Parx Racing on Cotillion/PA Derby Day. Questing (inside), Irad Ortiz Jr. up, is second. (Joan Fairman Kanes/Eclipse Sportswire)

My Miss Aurelia, runner-up to Royal Delta in the Breeders’ Cup Ladies’ Classic at Santa Anita last Nov. 2, worked four furlongs on Santa Anita’s fast main track Thursday morning in 48:60 for her 4-year-old debut in the Grade I La Brea Stakes at seven furlongs on opening day.

“She’s doing great,” said Scott Blasi, assistant to trainer Steve Asmussen, who has 29 head on hand for the winter/spring meet. “She’s a good-feeling filly. She’s not mean, very manageable and self-reliant.”

Blasi has a vested interest, of course, but feels My Miss Aurelia is a legitimate favorite to win the Eclipse Award as outstanding 3-year-old filly of 2012. “She should get it,” Blasi said. “She beat Questing twice (in the Grade I, $1 million Cotillion and in the Ladies’ Classic).”

My Miss Aurelia, a bay daughter of Smart Strike owned by Stonestreet Stables and George Bolton and bred by Stonestreet Thoroughbred Holdings, had won six straight races, three of them Grade I’s, before the Ladies’ Classic setback.

Said private clocker Toby Turrell of My Miss Aurelia: “She could not be any more ready.”