• Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 6 hours ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 5 days ago
  • Cheekaboo wins a blanket finish in the Honeymoon at 23-1.Posted 5 days ago
  • Donegal Moon scores after Unified comes up empty in the Pegasus Stakes.Posted 5 days ago
  • Ancient Secret just gets up to win the Wild Applause Stakes at Belmont Park.Posted 5 days ago
  • Bradester (9-1) upsets the Stephen Foster (G1) in gate to wire fashionPosted 6 days ago
  • Pleuven (Fr), with a stalking move, wins the Wise Dan (G2) at 7-1Posted 6 days ago
  • Paid Up Subscriber (6-1) rallies and draws off to win the Fleur de Lis Handicap (G2)Posted 6 days ago
  • Songbird (1-9) stays unbeaten in the Summertime Oaks (G2) at Santa Anita.Posted 6 days ago
  • Gun Runner (1-9) goes gate to wire to easily take the Matt Winn (G3).Posted 6 days ago

My Miss Aurelia Ready for La Brea

September 22, 2012. My Miss Aurelia, ridden by Corey Nakatani and trained by Steve Asmussen, wins the 43rd running of the Grade 1 Cotillion Stakes at Parx Racing on Cotillion/PA Derby Day. Questing (inside), Irad Ortiz Jr. up, is second. (Joan Fairman Kanes/Eclipse Sportswire)

My Miss Aurelia, runner-up to Royal Delta in the Breeders’ Cup Ladies’ Classic at Santa Anita last Nov. 2, worked four furlongs on Santa Anita’s fast main track Thursday morning in 48:60 for her 4-year-old debut in the Grade I La Brea Stakes at seven furlongs on opening day.

“She’s doing great,” said Scott Blasi, assistant to trainer Steve Asmussen, who has 29 head on hand for the winter/spring meet. “She’s a good-feeling filly. She’s not mean, very manageable and self-reliant.”

Blasi has a vested interest, of course, but feels My Miss Aurelia is a legitimate favorite to win the Eclipse Award as outstanding 3-year-old filly of 2012. “She should get it,” Blasi said. “She beat Questing twice (in the Grade I, $1 million Cotillion and in the Ladies’ Classic).”

My Miss Aurelia, a bay daughter of Smart Strike owned by Stonestreet Stables and George Bolton and bred by Stonestreet Thoroughbred Holdings, had won six straight races, three of them Grade I’s, before the Ladies’ Classic setback.

Said private clocker Toby Turrell of My Miss Aurelia: “She could not be any more ready.”