• Texas Chrome (2-1) bravely squeezed through on the rail for an Oklahoma Derby win.Posted 1 day ago
  • Unbridled Mo (4-1) rides the rail to victory in the Remington Park Oaks.Posted 1 day ago
  • Accelerate (1-1) rallies to win the Los Alamitos Derby (G2).Posted 1 day ago
  • Connect (10-1) upsets the Pennsylvania Derby.Posted 2 days ago
  • Songbird (1-5) gets win number 11 in the Cotillion (G1) at Parx Racing.Posted 2 days ago
  • Noholdingback Bear (3-1) wins the Gallant Bob (G3) at Parx Racing.Posted 2 days ago
  • 2015 Turf Champion Big Blue Kitten has been retired from racing, via the Chad Brown barn.Posted 5 days ago
  • No catching Sarah Sis (10-1) in the Presque Isle Downs Masters.Posted 7 days ago
  • Victory to Victory  7-1) pulls clear in the Grade 1 Natalma Stakes.Posted 8 days ago
  • Good Samaritan (3-1) rolls to a Breeders' Cup birth with a Summer Stakes win.Posted 8 days ago

My Miss Aurelia Ready for La Brea

September 22, 2012. My Miss Aurelia, ridden by Corey Nakatani and trained by Steve Asmussen, wins the 43rd running of the Grade 1 Cotillion Stakes at Parx Racing on Cotillion/PA Derby Day. Questing (inside), Irad Ortiz Jr. up, is second. (Joan Fairman Kanes/Eclipse Sportswire)

My Miss Aurelia, runner-up to Royal Delta in the Breeders’ Cup Ladies’ Classic at Santa Anita last Nov. 2, worked four furlongs on Santa Anita’s fast main track Thursday morning in 48:60 for her 4-year-old debut in the Grade I La Brea Stakes at seven furlongs on opening day.

“She’s doing great,” said Scott Blasi, assistant to trainer Steve Asmussen, who has 29 head on hand for the winter/spring meet. “She’s a good-feeling filly. She’s not mean, very manageable and self-reliant.”

Blasi has a vested interest, of course, but feels My Miss Aurelia is a legitimate favorite to win the Eclipse Award as outstanding 3-year-old filly of 2012. “She should get it,” Blasi said. “She beat Questing twice (in the Grade I, $1 million Cotillion and in the Ladies’ Classic).”

My Miss Aurelia, a bay daughter of Smart Strike owned by Stonestreet Stables and George Bolton and bred by Stonestreet Thoroughbred Holdings, had won six straight races, three of them Grade I’s, before the Ladies’ Classic setback.

Said private clocker Toby Turrell of My Miss Aurelia: “She could not be any more ready.”