• Texas Chrome (2-1) bravely squeezed through on the rail for an Oklahoma Derby win.Posted 3 days ago
  • Unbridled Mo (4-1) rides the rail to victory in the Remington Park Oaks.Posted 4 days ago
  • Accelerate (1-1) rallies to win the Los Alamitos Derby (G2).Posted 4 days ago
  • Connect (10-1) upsets the Pennsylvania Derby.Posted 5 days ago
  • Songbird (1-5) gets win number 11 in the Cotillion (G1) at Parx Racing.Posted 5 days ago
  • Noholdingback Bear (3-1) wins the Gallant Bob (G3) at Parx Racing.Posted 5 days ago
  • 2015 Turf Champion Big Blue Kitten has been retired from racing, via the Chad Brown barn.Posted 8 days ago
  • No catching Sarah Sis (10-1) in the Presque Isle Downs Masters.Posted 10 days ago
  • Victory to Victory  7-1) pulls clear in the Grade 1 Natalma Stakes.Posted 11 days ago
  • Good Samaritan (3-1) rolls to a Breeders' Cup birth with a Summer Stakes win.Posted 11 days ago

My Adonis Gets No Respect

When trainer Kelly Breen undertook the challenge of sizing up tomorrow’s 1 1/8-mile Wood, he liked what he saw for My Adonis.

George and Lori Hall’s homebred son of Pleasantly Perfect enters the Wood off a strong second behind Hansen last month in the Grade 3 Gotham, and what Breen sees is a field with plenty of speed for his colt to make a run at.

“I looked at it pretty intensely, and I thought the outside horse of Mike Hushion’s [The Lumber Guy] makes the race,” Breen said. “He has speed; Michael Matz’s horse [Teeth of the Dog] has shown speed. Alpha is down on the rail. I don’t know what their camp thinks of it, but I know I didn’t like it down there [with My Adonis in the Gotham]. But I’m surprised we’re 8-1 and getting no respect.”

While Breen had several good 3-year-olds last spring, including Belmont Stakes winner Ruler On Ice and Louisiana Derby winner Pants On Fire, this year, it’s all My Adonis.

“He’s up here,” Breen said holding his hand up high, “and our other horses were down here,” he said holding his hand down by knees.

For the Wood, Breen has made a slight adjustment to Adonis’ blinkers, “opening them up a little because of all the speed in here,” he said. “Hopefully, he can run them all down.”