• Inheritance, a $1.9 million 2yo in training purchase, broke her maiden by 13 today at Belmont.Posted 9 minutes ago
  • Golden Horn wins the Arc ... Treve runs well, but settles for fourth.Posted 6 hours ago
  • Wild Dude earns a Breeders' Cup berth with a Santa Anita Sprint win.Posted 19 hours ago
  • Grand Arch just holds off a flying The Pizza Man to win the Shadwell Turf Mile.Posted 22 hours ago
  • He repeats -- It's all Tonalist in a sloppy Jockey Club Gold Cup.Posted 22 hours ago
  • Brody's Cause flies home to win the Grade 1 Breeders' Futurity.Posted 23 hours ago
  • Tepin runs away and hides in the Grade 1 First Lady -- BC Mile next.Posted 23 hours ago
  • Greenpointcrusader (6-1) wins the Champagne going away.Posted 1 day ago
  • Fioretti with Sophie Doyle aboard upset Keeneland's TCA at 17-1.Posted 1 day ago
  • Nickname splashes home an impressive winner of the Frizette.Posted 1 day ago

My Adonis Gets No Respect

When trainer Kelly Breen undertook the challenge of sizing up tomorrow’s 1 1/8-mile Wood, he liked what he saw for My Adonis.

George and Lori Hall’s homebred son of Pleasantly Perfect enters the Wood off a strong second behind Hansen last month in the Grade 3 Gotham, and what Breen sees is a field with plenty of speed for his colt to make a run at.

“I looked at it pretty intensely, and I thought the outside horse of Mike Hushion’s [The Lumber Guy] makes the race,” Breen said. “He has speed; Michael Matz’s horse [Teeth of the Dog] has shown speed. Alpha is down on the rail. I don’t know what their camp thinks of it, but I know I didn’t like it down there [with My Adonis in the Gotham]. But I’m surprised we’re 8-1 and getting no respect.”

While Breen had several good 3-year-olds last spring, including Belmont Stakes winner Ruler On Ice and Louisiana Derby winner Pants On Fire, this year, it’s all My Adonis.

“He’s up here,” Breen said holding his hand up high, “and our other horses were down here,” he said holding his hand down by knees.

For the Wood, Breen has made a slight adjustment to Adonis’ blinkers, “opening them up a little because of all the speed in here,” he said. “Hopefully, he can run them all down.”