• ZATT's Star of the Week, is ... Winx!Posted 1 day ago
  • Elektrum (5-2) gets up in the final jump to win the Grade 3 Dowager at Keeneland.Posted 1 day ago
  • Roca Rojo (4-1) storms home to romp in Belmont's Athenia.Posted 1 day ago
  • Lightstream (2-1) rolls late to pass Malibu Stacy for the Raven Run win.Posted 2 days ago
  • Royal Posse (5-2) likes the off going and upsets Governor Malibu in the Empire Classic.Posted 2 days ago
  • Bar of Gold (4-5) wins the Empire Distaff by a country mile.Posted 2 days ago
  • Pat On The Back (20-1) puts them to sleep in a sloppy Sleepy Hollow.Posted 2 days ago
  • 2001 Kentucky Derby winner, Monarchos has passed away at the age of 18.Posted 3 days ago
  • Winx absolutely dominant in winning a second Cox Plate.Posted 3 days ago
  • Quidura (7-2) scores another graded stakes win at Keeneland for Graham Motion.Posted 3 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

My Adonis Gets No Respect

When trainer Kelly Breen undertook the challenge of sizing up tomorrow’s 1 1/8-mile Wood, he liked what he saw for My Adonis.

George and Lori Hall’s homebred son of Pleasantly Perfect enters the Wood off a strong second behind Hansen last month in the Grade 3 Gotham, and what Breen sees is a field with plenty of speed for his colt to make a run at.

“I looked at it pretty intensely, and I thought the outside horse of Mike Hushion’s [The Lumber Guy] makes the race,” Breen said. “He has speed; Michael Matz’s horse [Teeth of the Dog] has shown speed. Alpha is down on the rail. I don’t know what their camp thinks of it, but I know I didn’t like it down there [with My Adonis in the Gotham]. But I’m surprised we’re 8-1 and getting no respect.”

While Breen had several good 3-year-olds last spring, including Belmont Stakes winner Ruler On Ice and Louisiana Derby winner Pants On Fire, this year, it’s all My Adonis.

“He’s up here,” Breen said holding his hand up high, “and our other horses were down here,” he said holding his hand down by knees.

For the Wood, Breen has made a slight adjustment to Adonis’ blinkers, “opening them up a little because of all the speed in here,” he said. “Hopefully, he can run them all down.”