• Long shot Stormy Lucy (65-1) upsets the Matriarch (G1) at Del Mar in the last stride. Posted 8 hours ago
  • Dortmund romps home a winner in the Native Diver.Posted 1 day ago
  • Commissioner much the best in the Hawthorne Gold Cup.Posted 1 day ago
  • Chiropractor edges March for a Hollywood Derby win at 14-1.Posted 1 day ago
  • Airoforce takes to the dirt in a big way, pulling away to win the Kentucky Jockey Club.Posted 1 day ago
  • Carina Mia turns back Stageplay in the Golden Rod.Posted 1 day ago
  • Tonalist with a late rush to just get up in the Cigar Mile!Posted 1 day ago
  • Forever Unbridled outduels Carrumba to the wire in the Comely.Posted 1 day ago
  • Mohaymen an impressive winner of Aqueduct's nine furlong Remsen.Posted 1 day ago
  • Lewis Bay runs to her odds in the Demoiselle.Posted 1 day ago

Mr. Ryder, Denomination Ready to Roll

Trainer Christophe Clement will send out runners in a pair of Grade 3, $100,000 turf stakes at Belmont next weekend.

For next Saturday's 1 1/8-mile Knickerbocker, Clement has Brushwood Stable's Mr. Ryder, a son of Giant's Causeway who racked up three consecutive wins this spring and summer, most recently taking the Sussex Stakes on July 16 at Delaware Park. Scheduled to prep for the Knickerbocker in the Third Martini overnight stakes on September 23, Clement opted to scratch when the turf course came up soft after rain.

"Mr. Ryder is doing well," Clement said. "He was supposed to run in a prep race two weeks ago, but I passed on that because I didn't think he liked soft ground. I don't mind running on good ground, but I do mind running him on ground that soft. He looks well, so we'll try it and see what happens."

Scheduled to run in the 1 1/16-mile Athenia is Mrs. Alec Head's Denomination, a 5-year-old daughter of Smart Strike who will make her first start since in a victory in the Grade 3 Violet Stakes at Monmouth Park on May 30.

"Denomination, she had a break, and she's on her way back," Clement said. "I hope I've got her fit enough - I'm not sure. We'll know next Saturday."

A multiple Group and Grade 3 winner in the U.S. and her native France, Denomination breezed a half-mile in 49.64 on Wednesday at Belmont Park.