• Far Right shoots up the rail again to score in the Southwest Stakes. Posted 5 days ago
  • Khozan demolishes a Gulfstream Park allowance field to remain perfect in two starts. Posted 5 days ago
  • No beating North Slope as he returns to dirt a winner in the Evening Attire. Posted 5 days ago
  •  International Star scrapes the paint to win the Risen Star.Posted 6 days ago
  • I'm A Chatterbox speaks loud and clear in the Rachel Alexandra. Posted 6 days ago
  • Itsaknockout wins the Fountain of Youth on the DQ of Upstart. Posted 6 days ago
  •  Chocolate Ride sneaks away in the Fair Grounds Handicap.Posted 6 days ago
  • Long On Value clearly Best in the Canadian Turf. Posted 6 days ago
  •  Street Babe surprise the Mineshaft field at Fair Grounds.Posted 6 days ago
  • Main Sequence storms home late to win the Mac Diarmida! Posted 6 days ago

Mr. Ryder, Denomination Ready to Roll

Trainer Christophe Clement will send out runners in a pair of Grade 3, $100,000 turf stakes at Belmont next weekend.

For next Saturday's 1 1/8-mile Knickerbocker, Clement has Brushwood Stable's Mr. Ryder, a son of Giant's Causeway who racked up three consecutive wins this spring and summer, most recently taking the Sussex Stakes on July 16 at Delaware Park. Scheduled to prep for the Knickerbocker in the Third Martini overnight stakes on September 23, Clement opted to scratch when the turf course came up soft after rain.

"Mr. Ryder is doing well," Clement said. "He was supposed to run in a prep race two weeks ago, but I passed on that because I didn't think he liked soft ground. I don't mind running on good ground, but I do mind running him on ground that soft. He looks well, so we'll try it and see what happens."

Scheduled to run in the 1 1/16-mile Athenia is Mrs. Alec Head's Denomination, a 5-year-old daughter of Smart Strike who will make her first start since in a victory in the Grade 3 Violet Stakes at Monmouth Park on May 30.

"Denomination, she had a break, and she's on her way back," Clement said. "I hope I've got her fit enough - I'm not sure. We'll know next Saturday."

A multiple Group and Grade 3 winner in the U.S. and her native France, Denomination breezed a half-mile in 49.64 on Wednesday at Belmont Park.