• Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 3 days ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 4 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 4 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 4 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 4 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 4 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 4 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 4 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 5 days ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 10 days ago

Minority Interest in Ive Struck a Nerve Sold

I've Struck a nerve ridden by James Graham edges out the competition to win the Risen Star Stakes Race at Fair Grounds Race Course in New Orleans, Louisiana on February 23, 2013.
A “minority” interest in Big Chief Racing’s Ive Struck a Nerve, the sophomore son of Yankee Gentleman who vaulted into first on the “Road to the Kentucky Derby” points list with his upset win in the Grade II Risen Star Stakes at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots on Feb. 23, has been sold, trainer Keith Desormeaux confirmed Thursday.

“I don’t know too much about it,” Desormeaux said when speaking about the sale, “and I don’t know how the word got out so fast. I haven’t talked to Mr. (Paul) Braverman (Ive Struck a Nerve’s new minority owner) and I don’t know any of the details, only that a ‘minority’ interest in the horse has been sold by my owner Matt Bryan (of Big Chief Racing).

“The only thing I do know is that I’m still the horse’s trainer, and that’s nice,” said Desormeaux. “I’m very appreciative of the fact that the owner or owners have decided to keep me as the trainer. That’s the only way a little guy like me can make it to the big dance.

“The horse is doing fine,” Desormeaux concluded. “He’s getting very fit and we are looking forward to running him back in the ($1 million) Louisiana Derby (March 30).”

Ive Struck a Nerve won the Risen Star at odds of 135-1, resulting in a win payoff of $272.40 for a $2 wager.