• ZATT's Star of the Week, is ... Winx!Posted 3 days ago
  • Elektrum (5-2) gets up in the final jump to win the Grade 3 Dowager at Keeneland.Posted 3 days ago
  • Roca Rojo (4-1) storms home to romp in Belmont's Athenia.Posted 3 days ago
  • Lightstream (2-1) rolls late to pass Malibu Stacy for the Raven Run win.Posted 4 days ago
  • Royal Posse (5-2) likes the off going and upsets Governor Malibu in the Empire Classic.Posted 4 days ago
  • Bar of Gold (4-5) wins the Empire Distaff by a country mile.Posted 4 days ago
  • Pat On The Back (20-1) puts them to sleep in a sloppy Sleepy Hollow.Posted 4 days ago
  • 2001 Kentucky Derby winner, Monarchos has passed away at the age of 18.Posted 4 days ago
  • Winx absolutely dominant in winning a second Cox Plate.Posted 4 days ago
  • Quidura (7-2) scores another graded stakes win at Keeneland for Graham Motion.Posted 5 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

Minority Interest in Ive Struck a Nerve Sold

I've Struck a nerve ridden by James Graham edges out the competition to win the Risen Star Stakes Race at Fair Grounds Race Course in New Orleans, Louisiana on February 23, 2013.
A “minority” interest in Big Chief Racing’s Ive Struck a Nerve, the sophomore son of Yankee Gentleman who vaulted into first on the “Road to the Kentucky Derby” points list with his upset win in the Grade II Risen Star Stakes at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots on Feb. 23, has been sold, trainer Keith Desormeaux confirmed Thursday.

“I don’t know too much about it,” Desormeaux said when speaking about the sale, “and I don’t know how the word got out so fast. I haven’t talked to Mr. (Paul) Braverman (Ive Struck a Nerve’s new minority owner) and I don’t know any of the details, only that a ‘minority’ interest in the horse has been sold by my owner Matt Bryan (of Big Chief Racing).

“The only thing I do know is that I’m still the horse’s trainer, and that’s nice,” said Desormeaux. “I’m very appreciative of the fact that the owner or owners have decided to keep me as the trainer. That’s the only way a little guy like me can make it to the big dance.

“The horse is doing fine,” Desormeaux concluded. “He’s getting very fit and we are looking forward to running him back in the ($1 million) Louisiana Derby (March 30).”

Ive Struck a Nerve won the Risen Star at odds of 135-1, resulting in a win payoff of $272.40 for a $2 wager.