• Cupid (2-5) holds off Curlin Rules in the Harry F. Brubaker.Posted 3 hours ago
  • Ulysses (Galileo) powers by Churchill and Barney Roy in the Group 1 Juddmonte International.Posted 14 hours ago
  • Cracksman (Frankel) cruises to a big victory in the Group 2 Great Voltigeur Stakes at York.Posted 14 hours ago
  • Diversify (1-2) rolls home a big winner in the Evan Shipman.Posted 2 days ago
  • Blackjackcat (8-1) holds off Vyjack to win the Del Mar Mile.Posted 3 days ago
  • Dak Attack (2-1) is an impressive winner of the Ellis Park Juvenile.Posted 3 days ago
  • Channel Maker (8-5) wins the photo and survives multiple objections to win the Breeders' Stakes.Posted 3 days ago
  • Kelly's Humor (11-1) rolls late to win Ellis Park Debutante.Posted 3 days ago
  • Dream Dancing (6-1) nips Beau Recall in the Del Mar Oaks.Posted 4 days ago
  • Collected (3-1) holds off Arrogate in the TVG Pacific Classic.Posted 4 days ago
Saratoga and Del Mar 2017

Minority Interest in Ive Struck a Nerve Sold

I've Struck a nerve ridden by James Graham edges out the competition to win the Risen Star Stakes Race at Fair Grounds Race Course in New Orleans, Louisiana on February 23, 2013.
A “minority” interest in Big Chief Racing’s Ive Struck a Nerve, the sophomore son of Yankee Gentleman who vaulted into first on the “Road to the Kentucky Derby” points list with his upset win in the Grade II Risen Star Stakes at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots on Feb. 23, has been sold, trainer Keith Desormeaux confirmed Thursday.

“I don’t know too much about it,” Desormeaux said when speaking about the sale, “and I don’t know how the word got out so fast. I haven’t talked to Mr. (Paul) Braverman (Ive Struck a Nerve’s new minority owner) and I don’t know any of the details, only that a ‘minority’ interest in the horse has been sold by my owner Matt Bryan (of Big Chief Racing).

“The only thing I do know is that I’m still the horse’s trainer, and that’s nice,” said Desormeaux. “I’m very appreciative of the fact that the owner or owners have decided to keep me as the trainer. That’s the only way a little guy like me can make it to the big dance.

“The horse is doing fine,” Desormeaux concluded. “He’s getting very fit and we are looking forward to running him back in the ($1 million) Louisiana Derby (March 30).”

Ive Struck a Nerve won the Risen Star at odds of 135-1, resulting in a win payoff of $272.40 for a $2 wager.