• Disco Partner (5-2) rolls last to first to win the Elusive Quality on the Belmont lawn.Posted 4 hours ago
  • Battalion Runner and Malagacy will NOT run in the Kentucky Derby, per Todd Pletcher.Posted 6 hours ago
  • Thunder Snow confirmed for the Kentucky Derby by Godolphin.Posted 9 hours ago
  • Quiet Business (16-1) powers home to win the Bewitch at Keeneland.Posted 1 day ago
  • Celtic Chaos (7-1) gets up on the wire to win the Affirmed Success.Posted 1 day ago
  • Girvin, the Kentucky Derby points leader, has a quarter crack, via Byron King.Posted 2 days ago
  • Party Boat (7-2) takes the Memories of Silver on the Aqueduct turf.Posted 6 days ago
  • Dolphus (6-5), Rachel Alexandra's half-brother, wins AQU allowance; Shagaf lastPosted 6 days ago
  • Multiplier (4-1) kicks it in late to get past Hedge Fund in the Illinois Derby.Posted 7 days ago
  • Collected (3-5) rolls home much the best in the Californian.Posted 7 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Kentucky Derby 2017

Minority Interest in Ive Struck a Nerve Sold

I've Struck a nerve ridden by James Graham edges out the competition to win the Risen Star Stakes Race at Fair Grounds Race Course in New Orleans, Louisiana on February 23, 2013.
A “minority” interest in Big Chief Racing’s Ive Struck a Nerve, the sophomore son of Yankee Gentleman who vaulted into first on the “Road to the Kentucky Derby” points list with his upset win in the Grade II Risen Star Stakes at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots on Feb. 23, has been sold, trainer Keith Desormeaux confirmed Thursday.

“I don’t know too much about it,” Desormeaux said when speaking about the sale, “and I don’t know how the word got out so fast. I haven’t talked to Mr. (Paul) Braverman (Ive Struck a Nerve’s new minority owner) and I don’t know any of the details, only that a ‘minority’ interest in the horse has been sold by my owner Matt Bryan (of Big Chief Racing).

“The only thing I do know is that I’m still the horse’s trainer, and that’s nice,” said Desormeaux. “I’m very appreciative of the fact that the owner or owners have decided to keep me as the trainer. That’s the only way a little guy like me can make it to the big dance.

“The horse is doing fine,” Desormeaux concluded. “He’s getting very fit and we are looking forward to running him back in the ($1 million) Louisiana Derby (March 30).”

Ive Struck a Nerve won the Risen Star at odds of 135-1, resulting in a win payoff of $272.40 for a $2 wager.