• If you bet A Lot in the Paradise Creek, then the winning margin was "a lot" more than the wagering return!Posted 17 hours ago
  • The Nassau goes to Sky Treasure!Posted 17 hours ago
  • Sunday Rules runs them off their feet in the Spring Fever to remain undefeated!Posted 17 hours ago
  • Xtra Luck gets his first stakes win in the Louisville Handicap!Posted 17 hours ago
  • Joe Bravo earned win #5,000 with a victory aboard Boss Man today at Monmouth Park.Posted 19 hours ago
  • There's no catching Black Hornet in the Vigil Stakes at Woodbine.Posted 6 days ago
  • American Pharoah romps home in the Preakness!Posted 7 days ago
  • Ironicus explodes to win the Dixie going away.Posted 7 days ago
  • Ageless best in The Very One again, this time with a course record.Posted 7 days ago
  • Holy Boss much the best in the six furlong Chick Lang.Posted 7 days ago

Minority Interest in Ive Struck a Nerve Sold

I've Struck a nerve ridden by James Graham edges out the competition to win the Risen Star Stakes Race at Fair Grounds Race Course in New Orleans, Louisiana on February 23, 2013.
A “minority” interest in Big Chief Racing’s Ive Struck a Nerve, the sophomore son of Yankee Gentleman who vaulted into first on the “Road to the Kentucky Derby” points list with his upset win in the Grade II Risen Star Stakes at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots on Feb. 23, has been sold, trainer Keith Desormeaux confirmed Thursday.

“I don’t know too much about it,” Desormeaux said when speaking about the sale, “and I don’t know how the word got out so fast. I haven’t talked to Mr. (Paul) Braverman (Ive Struck a Nerve’s new minority owner) and I don’t know any of the details, only that a ‘minority’ interest in the horse has been sold by my owner Matt Bryan (of Big Chief Racing).

“The only thing I do know is that I’m still the horse’s trainer, and that’s nice,” said Desormeaux. “I’m very appreciative of the fact that the owner or owners have decided to keep me as the trainer. That’s the only way a little guy like me can make it to the big dance.

“The horse is doing fine,” Desormeaux concluded. “He’s getting very fit and we are looking forward to running him back in the ($1 million) Louisiana Derby (March 30).”

Ive Struck a Nerve won the Risen Star at odds of 135-1, resulting in a win payoff of $272.40 for a $2 wager.