• Texas Chrome (2-1) bravely squeezed through on the rail for an Oklahoma Derby win.Posted 3 days ago
  • Unbridled Mo (4-1) rides the rail to victory in the Remington Park Oaks.Posted 3 days ago
  • Accelerate (1-1) rallies to win the Los Alamitos Derby (G2).Posted 4 days ago
  • Connect (10-1) upsets the Pennsylvania Derby.Posted 4 days ago
  • Songbird (1-5) gets win number 11 in the Cotillion (G1) at Parx Racing.Posted 4 days ago
  • Noholdingback Bear (3-1) wins the Gallant Bob (G3) at Parx Racing.Posted 4 days ago
  • 2015 Turf Champion Big Blue Kitten has been retired from racing, via the Chad Brown barn.Posted 7 days ago
  • No catching Sarah Sis (10-1) in the Presque Isle Downs Masters.Posted 9 days ago
  • Victory to Victory  7-1) pulls clear in the Grade 1 Natalma Stakes.Posted 10 days ago
  • Good Samaritan (3-1) rolls to a Breeders' Cup birth with a Summer Stakes win.Posted 10 days ago

McClellan Shares Robert Frankel Story

Robert Frankel wasn’t just an expert on horse racing. He was proficient in other fields, or so he thought. Like most race trackers, one thing he never lacked was an opinion.

Agent Scott McClellan, who represents rising star Joe Talamo, recounted this tale.

“We were drawing the races at Hollywood Park and Bobby asked me to go back to his place in Pacific Palisades afterwards to get something to eat and play Miss Pacman, ‘and then we’ll come back to the races.’

“The draw was done early and we jumped in his car and went to some burrito place. Then we come to this driveway at his house. He gets out and says, ‘This bleeping gardener; I’m bleeping tired of the guy. Look at the grass. It’s all brown. They come in here and leave in five minutes and look at the grass. I’m getting a new gardener.’

“Then he says, ‘Scotty, I’m going to teach you something. You know how I’m going to get a new gardener?’ I said, ‘No.’ He says, ‘I’m going to get Tasha the dog, I’m going to put her on a leash and I’m going to walk through Pacific Palisades, all over, up and down, and as soon as I see the best-looking yard in the city, I’m going to ring the door bell, and I’m gonna say, Who the bleep is your gardener? That’s smart. That’s how I’m going to get a new gardener.’”

Frankel never was one to dog it, especially when it came to green grass. Both he and his horses loved it.