• Highland Reel wins another big one, this time in the Prince of Wales's at Royal Ascot.Posted 1 day ago
  • Highland Reel (2-1) powers to victory in the Prince of Wales's Stakes (G1) at Royal AscotPosted 1 day ago
  • Lady Aurelia (2-1) easily wins at Royal Ascot again in the King's Stand (G1).Posted 2 days ago
  • Timeline (1-10) cruises in Monmouth's Pegasus Stakes to remain perfect..Posted 4 days ago
  • Sweeping Paddy (7-2) pounces and scores in the Regret Stakes.Posted 5 days ago
  • Gun Runner (1-2) romps home much the best in the Grade 1 Stephen Foster.Posted 5 days ago
  • Forever Unbridled (1-1) way too much for her Fleur de Lis foes.Posted 5 days ago
  • Kasaqui (3-1) rolls down the lane to victory in the Wise Dan.Posted 5 days ago
  • Faypien (7-2) edges Mopotism in the Grade 2 Summertime Oaks.Posted 5 days ago
  • McCraken (1-5) rolls to a facile score in the Matt Winn.Posted 5 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Royal Ascot 2017

McClellan Shares Robert Frankel Story

Robert Frankel wasn’t just an expert on horse racing. He was proficient in other fields, or so he thought. Like most race trackers, one thing he never lacked was an opinion.

Agent Scott McClellan, who represents rising star Joe Talamo, recounted this tale.

“We were drawing the races at Hollywood Park and Bobby asked me to go back to his place in Pacific Palisades afterwards to get something to eat and play Miss Pacman, ‘and then we’ll come back to the races.’

“The draw was done early and we jumped in his car and went to some burrito place. Then we come to this driveway at his house. He gets out and says, ‘This bleeping gardener; I’m bleeping tired of the guy. Look at the grass. It’s all brown. They come in here and leave in five minutes and look at the grass. I’m getting a new gardener.’

“Then he says, ‘Scotty, I’m going to teach you something. You know how I’m going to get a new gardener?’ I said, ‘No.’ He says, ‘I’m going to get Tasha the dog, I’m going to put her on a leash and I’m going to walk through Pacific Palisades, all over, up and down, and as soon as I see the best-looking yard in the city, I’m going to ring the door bell, and I’m gonna say, Who the bleep is your gardener? That’s smart. That’s how I’m going to get a new gardener.’”

Frankel never was one to dog it, especially when it came to green grass. Both he and his horses loved it.