• Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 2 days ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 3 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 3 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 3 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 3 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 3 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 3 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 3 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 4 days ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 9 days ago

McClellan Shares Robert Frankel Story

Robert Frankel wasn’t just an expert on horse racing. He was proficient in other fields, or so he thought. Like most race trackers, one thing he never lacked was an opinion.

Agent Scott McClellan, who represents rising star Joe Talamo, recounted this tale.

“We were drawing the races at Hollywood Park and Bobby asked me to go back to his place in Pacific Palisades afterwards to get something to eat and play Miss Pacman, ‘and then we’ll come back to the races.’

“The draw was done early and we jumped in his car and went to some burrito place. Then we come to this driveway at his house. He gets out and says, ‘This bleeping gardener; I’m bleeping tired of the guy. Look at the grass. It’s all brown. They come in here and leave in five minutes and look at the grass. I’m getting a new gardener.’

“Then he says, ‘Scotty, I’m going to teach you something. You know how I’m going to get a new gardener?’ I said, ‘No.’ He says, ‘I’m going to get Tasha the dog, I’m going to put her on a leash and I’m going to walk through Pacific Palisades, all over, up and down, and as soon as I see the best-looking yard in the city, I’m going to ring the door bell, and I’m gonna say, Who the bleep is your gardener? That’s smart. That’s how I’m going to get a new gardener.’”

Frankel never was one to dog it, especially when it came to green grass. Both he and his horses loved it.