• Disco Partner (5-2) rolls last to first to win the Elusive Quality on the Belmont lawn.Posted 13 hours ago
  • Battalion Runner and Malagacy will NOT run in the Kentucky Derby, per Todd Pletcher.Posted 15 hours ago
  • Thunder Snow confirmed for the Kentucky Derby by Godolphin.Posted 19 hours ago
  • Quiet Business (16-1) powers home to win the Bewitch at Keeneland.Posted 1 day ago
  • Celtic Chaos (7-1) gets up on the wire to win the Affirmed Success.Posted 1 day ago
  • Girvin, the Kentucky Derby points leader, has a quarter crack, via Byron King.Posted 2 days ago
  • Party Boat (7-2) takes the Memories of Silver on the Aqueduct turf.Posted 6 days ago
  • Dolphus (6-5), Rachel Alexandra's half-brother, wins AQU allowance; Shagaf lastPosted 6 days ago
  • Multiplier (4-1) kicks it in late to get past Hedge Fund in the Illinois Derby.Posted 7 days ago
  • Collected (3-5) rolls home much the best in the Californian.Posted 7 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Kentucky Derby 2017

McClellan Shares Robert Frankel Story

Robert Frankel wasn’t just an expert on horse racing. He was proficient in other fields, or so he thought. Like most race trackers, one thing he never lacked was an opinion.

Agent Scott McClellan, who represents rising star Joe Talamo, recounted this tale.

“We were drawing the races at Hollywood Park and Bobby asked me to go back to his place in Pacific Palisades afterwards to get something to eat and play Miss Pacman, ‘and then we’ll come back to the races.’

“The draw was done early and we jumped in his car and went to some burrito place. Then we come to this driveway at his house. He gets out and says, ‘This bleeping gardener; I’m bleeping tired of the guy. Look at the grass. It’s all brown. They come in here and leave in five minutes and look at the grass. I’m getting a new gardener.’

“Then he says, ‘Scotty, I’m going to teach you something. You know how I’m going to get a new gardener?’ I said, ‘No.’ He says, ‘I’m going to get Tasha the dog, I’m going to put her on a leash and I’m going to walk through Pacific Palisades, all over, up and down, and as soon as I see the best-looking yard in the city, I’m going to ring the door bell, and I’m gonna say, Who the bleep is your gardener? That’s smart. That’s how I’m going to get a new gardener.’”

Frankel never was one to dog it, especially when it came to green grass. Both he and his horses loved it.