• Unified (2-1) makes a winning return in the Grade 3 Gulfstream Park Sprint.Posted 58 seconds ago
  • Enterprising (3-1) runs down Oscar Nominated in the Grade 3 Fair Grounds Handicap.Posted 8 minutes ago
  • Morticia (2-1) game all the way in the Melody of Colors.Posted 32 minutes ago
  • Farrell (7-2) pulls away to win the Grade 2 Rachel Alexandra.Posted 34 minutes ago
  • Yorkiepoo Princess (9-5) races through fog to win the Busher Stakes.Posted 54 minutes ago
  • Honorable Duty (5-1) holds on to take the Grade 3 Mineshaft Handicap.Posted 1 hour ago
  • Believe in Bertie (3-5) sets new course record in Daisy Devine.Posted 1 hour ago
  • Hogy (5-2) earns his 16th career victory in the Colonel Power.Posted 2 hours ago
  • Even money favorite Derek's Smile goes gate to wire in the Texas Glitter.Posted 3 hours ago
  • Winx wins her 15th straight and her tenth Group 1 in the Chipping Norton.Posted 9 hours ago

Marketing Mix Storms Home in Rodeo Drive

Marketing Mix and Garrett Gomez won the Rodeo Drive Stakes by 2 1/4 lengths on the turf for trainer Tom Proctor. The 4-year-old filly covered 1 1/4 miles in 1:59.20 and paid $4, $2.80 and $2.40 as the even-money favorite.

“You never know how things are actually going to set up in a race,” said Gomez. I know this mare; she’s really handy about what needs to be done at certain parts of the race. She’s just pure class. She was able to listen to what I was asking of her. I saw the two leaders hook up early on. They opened up six or seven on us, and I was using the next two horses as my cover but they just couldn’t keep up. I enjoy using my cover to pull me to the leader but I ended being the one that was starting to pull the rest of them along. I don’t like to do that too much, but you can do that when you have a quality horse, and she’s a quality horse. She proved it today.”

Marketing Mix claimed the automatic spot in the BC Filly & Mare Turf on Nov. 2, and Proctor was very happy with her effort. “She makes you high on her. She’s easy to train. She’s handled everything we’ve ever done to her. Last year, we hauled her back and forth to Canada four times, I think. When we discussed after the Beverly D. what to do, I told Craig (Bernick, Glen Hill racing manager), ‘It don’t matter what you do. She makes you look good.’ I’d have been disappointed if she got beat. That’s not a good way to go into the race, but you’ve have to be the way she’s run good all year.

Nereid was second and Stormy Lucy third in the race previously known as the Yellow Ribbon Stakes.

Rosie Napravnik rode Nereid for trainer John Shirreffs. “She was just a very, very nice filly to ride,” said Napravnik. I came from a little bit of a challenging post position on the outside and she was very easy to maneuver into a good spot. She responded when I needed to wait and when I needed to go, and she pushed her way through the horses and finished excellent.”