• Highland Reel wins another big one, this time in the Prince of Wales's at Royal Ascot.Posted 2 days ago
  • Highland Reel (2-1) powers to victory in the Prince of Wales's Stakes (G1) at Royal AscotPosted 2 days ago
  • Lady Aurelia (2-1) easily wins at Royal Ascot again in the King's Stand (G1).Posted 3 days ago
  • Timeline (1-10) cruises in Monmouth's Pegasus Stakes to remain perfect..Posted 5 days ago
  • Sweeping Paddy (7-2) pounces and scores in the Regret Stakes.Posted 6 days ago
  • Gun Runner (1-2) romps home much the best in the Grade 1 Stephen Foster.Posted 6 days ago
  • Forever Unbridled (1-1) way too much for her Fleur de Lis foes.Posted 6 days ago
  • Kasaqui (3-1) rolls down the lane to victory in the Wise Dan.Posted 6 days ago
  • Faypien (7-2) edges Mopotism in the Grade 2 Summertime Oaks.Posted 6 days ago
  • McCraken (1-5) rolls to a facile score in the Matt Winn.Posted 6 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Royal Ascot 2017

Marina del Rey Man Wins $1k CashCall Bet

Ed Clark, a 75-year-old resident of Marina del Rey, won $3,600 on Saturday by participating in a daily drawing sponsored by J. Paul Reddam’s CashCall and Santa Anita Park.

CashCall and Santa Anita announced that beginning Saturday, on-track fans could submit their entries earlier in the day to be part of a drawing to win a $1,000 win-bet on the last race of the day for the remainder of the 24-day Autumn Meet, with the exception of the two-day Breeders’ Cup.

Clark, a New Jersey native, who said that he’d “been playing the horses since I’m 20 years old,” found out about the CashCall/Santa Anita $1,000 win-bet contest when he arrived at The Great Race Place on Saturday.

“When I came in, I saw the CashCall sign and I felt like I had to play.  I like the jock (Rafael Bejarano) and I liked the horse.  I thought he was on the best horse in the race and that’s the way it turned out.”

Clark’s entry was drawn prior to the 11th and final race and he watched the race from the winner’s circle.  Shortly after the race was declared official, he was interviewed live on HRTV.

Off as the first choice in the wagering at odds of 5-2, the Simon Callaghan-trained Byrama won easily, providing Bejarano with his fourth stakes win of the day.  Byrama paid $7.20 to win, resulting in Clark’s $3,600 hit.

“I’m usually out here on the weekends,” said Clark.  When asked if he might have anything specific in mind for his newfound bankroll, he responded “I don’t have any immediate plans.”

Santa Anita will present a 10-race program on Sunday.  First post time is 1 p.m.