• Nyquist has spiked a fever, delaying his trip to Belmont, via DRF's Dave Grening.Posted 1 day ago
  • Second Summer holds off Hard Aces to win the Grade 2 Californian.Posted 1 day ago
  • Exaggerator turns the tables and is victorious in the Preakness (G1).Posted 2 days ago
  • Takeover Target flies home late to win from last in the Grade 2 Dixie.Posted 2 days ago
  • American Freedom fights back for Sir Barton victory.Posted 2 days ago
  • Mizz Money holds on to take the Gallorette (G3) by a nose.Posted 2 days ago
  • Justin Squared was too fast to catch in the Chick Lang.Posted 2 days ago
  • Lady Shipman does not disappoint with a victory in The Very One.Posted 2 days ago
  • Marengo Road gets ahead to take the James W. Murphy.Posted 2 days ago
  • Awtaad upsets Galileo Gold to win the Irish 2000 Guineas.Posted 2 days ago

Maldonado Hires New Agent

Santa Anita Park
Edwin Maldonado has his sights set on new horizons with new agent Jim Pegram. The 31-year-old jockey, who established himself as one of Southern California’s leading riders since arriving on the circuit three years ago, won two races Thursday, equaling his previous total during the first 10 days of the meet.

“We did well together, and he got me where I’m at,” Maldonado said of his former agent, Vic Lipton. “It’s sad that I had to let him go, but I want to travel to New York and elsewhere to ride in the big races, and I think Jim will be ideal for helping me achieve those goals.

“Vic and I are still friends and I’m hoping he doesn’t take it personally.”

Said Pegram: “I’m very happy to work for Edwin. It’s a very great opportunity for me.”

Older Comments about Maldonado Hires New Agent...

Nathan look at the connection.Agents name is Peagram. Has to be related to Mike,Baffs best friend. Looks like Mr. Maldonado has just gotten a lot of Baffert mounts. He suits them,he is a speed rider for a speed trainer. This kids star will rise. He and Luis are the 2 top younger jocks in the game today.
Good Luck.... Muy Bien. Buena Suerte..
Could be a great combo. Good Luck!