• Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 4 days ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 4 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 4 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 4 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 4 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 4 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 4 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 5 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 5 days ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 10 days ago

Maldonado Hires New Agent

Santa Anita Park
Edwin Maldonado has his sights set on new horizons with new agent Jim Pegram. The 31-year-old jockey, who established himself as one of Southern California’s leading riders since arriving on the circuit three years ago, won two races Thursday, equaling his previous total during the first 10 days of the meet.

“We did well together, and he got me where I’m at,” Maldonado said of his former agent, Vic Lipton. “It’s sad that I had to let him go, but I want to travel to New York and elsewhere to ride in the big races, and I think Jim will be ideal for helping me achieve those goals.

“Vic and I are still friends and I’m hoping he doesn’t take it personally.”

Said Pegram: “I’m very happy to work for Edwin. It’s a very great opportunity for me.”

Older Comments about Maldonado Hires New Agent...

Nathan look at the connection.Agents name is Peagram. Has to be related to Mike,Baffs best friend. Looks like Mr. Maldonado has just gotten a lot of Baffert mounts. He suits them,he is a speed rider for a speed trainer. This kids star will rise. He and Luis are the 2 top younger jocks in the game today.
Good Luck.... Muy Bien. Buena Suerte..
Could be a great combo. Good Luck!