• Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 2 days ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 3 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 3 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 3 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 3 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 3 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 3 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 3 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 4 days ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 9 days ago

Lopresti hopes to keep things rolling

You might say trainer Charles Lopresti is hot right now. From a 16-horse stable that is based at Keeneland, Lopresti will be starting two Breeders’ Cup horses Saturday, Nov. 6, a feat not lost on the New York native.

“Everything is going good right now,” he said outside Barn 36 on the Churchill Downs backside. “You pinch yourself wondering when it’s gonna end, but we’ve got some really good horses right now, I have a great crew, and it seems like everything is working. I hope it carries over. I know it can’t go on forever, but I hope it doesn’t end here.”

Lopresti will saddle Wise Dan in the Sentient Jet Breeders’ Cup Sprint (gr. I) and Here Comes Ben in the Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I). He is coming off a Keeneland meeting that defied logic. Lopresti won with six of his 10 starts in the recently concluded fall stand in Lexington.