• Highland Reel wins another big one, this time in the Prince of Wales's at Royal Ascot.Posted 2 days ago
  • Highland Reel (2-1) powers to victory in the Prince of Wales's Stakes (G1) at Royal AscotPosted 2 days ago
  • Lady Aurelia (2-1) easily wins at Royal Ascot again in the King's Stand (G1).Posted 3 days ago
  • Timeline (1-10) cruises in Monmouth's Pegasus Stakes to remain perfect..Posted 5 days ago
  • Sweeping Paddy (7-2) pounces and scores in the Regret Stakes.Posted 5 days ago
  • Gun Runner (1-2) romps home much the best in the Grade 1 Stephen Foster.Posted 6 days ago
  • Forever Unbridled (1-1) way too much for her Fleur de Lis foes.Posted 6 days ago
  • Kasaqui (3-1) rolls down the lane to victory in the Wise Dan.Posted 6 days ago
  • Faypien (7-2) edges Mopotism in the Grade 2 Summertime Oaks.Posted 6 days ago
  • McCraken (1-5) rolls to a facile score in the Matt Winn.Posted 6 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Royal Ascot 2017

Lopresti hopes to keep things rolling

You might say trainer Charles Lopresti is hot right now. From a 16-horse stable that is based at Keeneland, Lopresti will be starting two Breeders’ Cup horses Saturday, Nov. 6, a feat not lost on the New York native.

“Everything is going good right now,” he said outside Barn 36 on the Churchill Downs backside. “You pinch yourself wondering when it’s gonna end, but we’ve got some really good horses right now, I have a great crew, and it seems like everything is working. I hope it carries over. I know it can’t go on forever, but I hope it doesn’t end here.”

Lopresti will saddle Wise Dan in the Sentient Jet Breeders’ Cup Sprint (gr. I) and Here Comes Ben in the Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I). He is coming off a Keeneland meeting that defied logic. Lopresti won with six of his 10 starts in the recently concluded fall stand in Lexington.