• Looks to Spare blows up the tote board at 70-1 in the West Virginia Governor's Cup.Posted 23 minutes ago
  • Work All Week puts on a show in the Senator Robert C. Byrd Memorial!Posted 54 minutes ago
  • Holy Boss runs away with the Amsterdam!Posted 1 hour ago
  • Smart Transition wins the Curlin at Saratoga for trainer John Shirreffs.Posted 1 day ago
  • There's no catching Moonlight Song in the John Morrissey over Saratoga's slop.Posted 2 days ago
  • La Verdad wins another, dominating today's Honorable Miss at Saratoga.Posted 3 days ago
  • Solow wins the Qatar Sussex Stakes over a stubborn Arod.Posted 3 days ago
  • Breaking Lucky edges Shaman Ghost in the Prince of Wales.Posted 3 days ago
  • Shore Runner turns it on late to win the Lucky Coin.Posted 4 days ago
  • I'm A Chatterbox DQ'd giving Curalina the win in the Grade 1 CCA Oaks.Posted 5 days ago

Lopresti hopes to keep things rolling

You might say trainer Charles Lopresti is hot right now. From a 16-horse stable that is based at Keeneland, Lopresti will be starting two Breeders’ Cup horses Saturday, Nov. 6, a feat not lost on the New York native.

“Everything is going good right now,” he said outside Barn 36 on the Churchill Downs backside. “You pinch yourself wondering when it’s gonna end, but we’ve got some really good horses right now, I have a great crew, and it seems like everything is working. I hope it carries over. I know it can’t go on forever, but I hope it doesn’t end here.”

Lopresti will saddle Wise Dan in the Sentient Jet Breeders’ Cup Sprint (gr. I) and Here Comes Ben in the Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I). He is coming off a Keeneland meeting that defied logic. Lopresti won with six of his 10 starts in the recently concluded fall stand in Lexington.