• Texas Chrome (2-1) bravely squeezed through on the rail for an Oklahoma Derby win.Posted 3 days ago
  • Unbridled Mo (4-1) rides the rail to victory in the Remington Park Oaks.Posted 3 days ago
  • Accelerate (1-1) rallies to win the Los Alamitos Derby (G2).Posted 4 days ago
  • Connect (10-1) upsets the Pennsylvania Derby.Posted 4 days ago
  • Songbird (1-5) gets win number 11 in the Cotillion (G1) at Parx Racing.Posted 4 days ago
  • Noholdingback Bear (3-1) wins the Gallant Bob (G3) at Parx Racing.Posted 4 days ago
  • 2015 Turf Champion Big Blue Kitten has been retired from racing, via the Chad Brown barn.Posted 7 days ago
  • No catching Sarah Sis (10-1) in the Presque Isle Downs Masters.Posted 9 days ago
  • Victory to Victory  7-1) pulls clear in the Grade 1 Natalma Stakes.Posted 10 days ago
  • Good Samaritan (3-1) rolls to a Breeders' Cup birth with a Summer Stakes win.Posted 10 days ago

Lava Man back in spotlight

As I'll Have Another walked the shedrow the morning after winning the Kentucky Derby, the horse in the first stall of trainer Doug O'Neill's Barn 3 at Churchill Downs repeatedly tossed his head about as if trying to get the attention of the media crowd that had gathered.

With more than $5.2 million in earnings and seven Grade I wins in a career that spanned six seasons, getting some love was never a problem for the venerable Lava Man.

Though the 11-year-old gelding is done competing on the track, he is once again a popular presence on some of racing's top days.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/05/15/3612282/lava-man-has-graduated-from-racing.html#storylink=cpy

Older Comments about Lava Man back in spotlight...

Lava Man was always a special horse to me.
I was standing in the break at Churchill one morning when I'll Have Another and Lava Man went out to the track. I could have reached out and touched them when they walked by. I'll Have Another looked very good, but Lava Man had a presence far different than I've ever seen in a pony. He knows he is a special horse, and still looks the part.
Lava Man in essence is a mentor for IHA, gotta love it. They chill in the barn watching past races with Doug and Mario. ;-)