• Gold Rush Dancer (14-1) pulls the upset in Del Mar's Real Good Deal Stakes.Posted 5 hours ago
  • Haveyougoneaway (7-2) wears down Paulassilverlining to win the Honorable Miss at Saratoga.Posted 8 hours ago
  • Exaggerator is going in the Haskell, according to Steve Edelson of the Asbury Park Press.Posted 12 hours ago
  • The Gurkha wins a Sussex thriller over Galileo Gold and Ribchester.Posted 15 hours ago
  • Amis Gizmo romps home in the Prince of Wales at Fort Erie.Posted 1 day ago
  • Long On Value (7-2) cuts back and rolls in the Lucky Coin Stakes.Posted 2 days ago
  • Songbird repels the challenge of Carina Mia, and romps home in the CCA Oaks.Posted 3 days ago
  • Up With the Birds swings to victory in Woodbine's Nijinsky Stakes.Posted 3 days ago
  • Tin Type Gal rides the rail to victory in Monmouth's Boiling Springs.Posted 3 days ago
  • California Chrome edges Dortmund in a San Diego Handicap showdown.Posted 4 days ago

Ladies' Classic Diary - Nov 4th

With Zenyatta's (Street Cry [Ire]) connections opting to send their champion for the Breeders' Cup Classic (G1), the Ladies' Classic one day prior could prove to be a contentious affair. There are a number of distaffers in with a chance, but the following three are my top choices for the 1 1/8-mile event.

These three runners have impressed me all year, and I believe any one of them could come out on top.

Older Comments about Ladies' Classic Diary - Nov 4th...

I agree with the author's comment's on Music Note and Careless Jewel, but frankly I think Lethal Heat is a bit overrated. She's not nearly as accomplished this year as Music Note and Careless Jewel have been. I like Careless Jewel's speed to hold up and win the Ladies Classic, but not without a challenge from Music Note. I like Zenyatta's stablemate to get up in the money as well, Life is Sweet has ran very well over the surface and at Santa Anita. She's never been worse than 4th in her whole career, and has very rarely finished out of the money, even getting up for 3rd against the boy's in the Hollywood Gold Cup. At morning line odd's of 8-1, that make's her a "sweet" bet to hit the board in the Ladies Classic.