• Long shot Stormy Lucy (65-1) upsets the Matriarch (G1) at Del Mar in the last stride. Posted 1 day ago
  • Dortmund romps home a winner in the Native Diver.Posted 2 days ago
  • Commissioner much the best in the Hawthorne Gold Cup.Posted 2 days ago
  • Chiropractor edges March for a Hollywood Derby win at 14-1.Posted 2 days ago
  • Airoforce takes to the dirt in a big way, pulling away to win the Kentucky Jockey Club.Posted 2 days ago
  • Carina Mia turns back Stageplay in the Golden Rod.Posted 2 days ago
  • Tonalist with a late rush to just get up in the Cigar Mile!Posted 2 days ago
  • Forever Unbridled outduels Carrumba to the wire in the Comely.Posted 2 days ago
  • Mohaymen an impressive winner of Aqueduct's nine furlong Remsen.Posted 2 days ago
  • Lewis Bay runs to her odds in the Demoiselle.Posted 2 days ago

Ladies' Classic Diary - Nov 4th

With Zenyatta's (Street Cry [Ire]) connections opting to send their champion for the Breeders' Cup Classic (G1), the Ladies' Classic one day prior could prove to be a contentious affair. There are a number of distaffers in with a chance, but the following three are my top choices for the 1 1/8-mile event.

These three runners have impressed me all year, and I believe any one of them could come out on top.

Older Comments about Ladies' Classic Diary - Nov 4th...

I agree with the author's comment's on Music Note and Careless Jewel, but frankly I think Lethal Heat is a bit overrated. She's not nearly as accomplished this year as Music Note and Careless Jewel have been. I like Careless Jewel's speed to hold up and win the Ladies Classic, but not without a challenge from Music Note. I like Zenyatta's stablemate to get up in the money as well, Life is Sweet has ran very well over the surface and at Santa Anita. She's never been worse than 4th in her whole career, and has very rarely finished out of the money, even getting up for 3rd against the boy's in the Hollywood Gold Cup. At morning line odd's of 8-1, that make's her a "sweet" bet to hit the board in the Ladies Classic.