• Family Tree game down the lane in winning the Iowa Oaks.Posted 20 hours ago
  • Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 5 days ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 6 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 6 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 6 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 6 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 6 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 6 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 6 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 7 days ago

Ladies' Classic Diary - Nov 4th

With Zenyatta's (Street Cry [Ire]) connections opting to send their champion for the Breeders' Cup Classic (G1), the Ladies' Classic one day prior could prove to be a contentious affair. There are a number of distaffers in with a chance, but the following three are my top choices for the 1 1/8-mile event.

These three runners have impressed me all year, and I believe any one of them could come out on top.

Older Comments about Ladies' Classic Diary - Nov 4th...

I agree with the author's comment's on Music Note and Careless Jewel, but frankly I think Lethal Heat is a bit overrated. She's not nearly as accomplished this year as Music Note and Careless Jewel have been. I like Careless Jewel's speed to hold up and win the Ladies Classic, but not without a challenge from Music Note. I like Zenyatta's stablemate to get up in the money as well, Life is Sweet has ran very well over the surface and at Santa Anita. She's never been worse than 4th in her whole career, and has very rarely finished out of the money, even getting up for 3rd against the boy's in the Hollywood Gold Cup. At morning line odd's of 8-1, that make's her a "sweet" bet to hit the board in the Ladies Classic.