• Texas Chrome (2-1) bravely squeezed through on the rail for an Oklahoma Derby win.Posted 3 days ago
  • Unbridled Mo (4-1) rides the rail to victory in the Remington Park Oaks.Posted 3 days ago
  • Accelerate (1-1) rallies to win the Los Alamitos Derby (G2).Posted 4 days ago
  • Connect (10-1) upsets the Pennsylvania Derby.Posted 4 days ago
  • Songbird (1-5) gets win number 11 in the Cotillion (G1) at Parx Racing.Posted 4 days ago
  • Noholdingback Bear (3-1) wins the Gallant Bob (G3) at Parx Racing.Posted 4 days ago
  • 2015 Turf Champion Big Blue Kitten has been retired from racing, via the Chad Brown barn.Posted 7 days ago
  • No catching Sarah Sis (10-1) in the Presque Isle Downs Masters.Posted 9 days ago
  • Victory to Victory  7-1) pulls clear in the Grade 1 Natalma Stakes.Posted 10 days ago
  • Good Samaritan (3-1) rolls to a Breeders' Cup birth with a Summer Stakes win.Posted 10 days ago

Ladies' Classic Diary - Nov 4th

With Zenyatta's (Street Cry [Ire]) connections opting to send their champion for the Breeders' Cup Classic (G1), the Ladies' Classic one day prior could prove to be a contentious affair. There are a number of distaffers in with a chance, but the following three are my top choices for the 1 1/8-mile event.

These three runners have impressed me all year, and I believe any one of them could come out on top.

Older Comments about Ladies' Classic Diary - Nov 4th...

I agree with the author's comment's on Music Note and Careless Jewel, but frankly I think Lethal Heat is a bit overrated. She's not nearly as accomplished this year as Music Note and Careless Jewel have been. I like Careless Jewel's speed to hold up and win the Ladies Classic, but not without a challenge from Music Note. I like Zenyatta's stablemate to get up in the money as well, Life is Sweet has ran very well over the surface and at Santa Anita. She's never been worse than 4th in her whole career, and has very rarely finished out of the money, even getting up for 3rd against the boy's in the Hollywood Gold Cup. At morning line odd's of 8-1, that make's her a "sweet" bet to hit the board in the Ladies Classic.