• Lady Shipman breezes home much the best in Belmont's License Fee.Posted 6 hours ago
  • Ben's Cat sprints home late to win his 10yo seasonal debut in thrilling fashion.Posted 9 hours ago
  • Minding shows her class, easily winning the 1000 Guineas.Posted 11 hours ago
  • Uncle Lino digs in to win the inaugural California Chrome Stakes.Posted 1 day ago
  • A Lot holds off favored Green Mask by a whisker to win the Elusive Quality.Posted 1 day ago
  • Galileo Gold, under Frankie Dettori, rolls in the 2000 Guineas.Posted 1 day ago
  • Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 2 days ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 5 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 7 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 8 days ago

Kobiskie Really Likes My Corinthian

Dane Kobiskie thought very highly of My Corinthian since the day he entered his barn and the 2-year-old gelding by Corinthian proved his trainer right when scoring a 7 ½-length debut victory on the turf at Colonial Downs. Kobiskie is hopeful he will flash the same talent in Saturday night’s $100,000-added Bashford Manor (GIII).

“I actually was a little afraid before his first race because I liked him so much,” Kobiskie said. “When a horse shows all the right signs, you just hope he’s as good as you think. It was nice to see him win like that and reassure us. If he had only won by two lengths, I probably would have been disappointed.”

The Bashford Manor, which will go as Race 7 at 9:05 p.m., will be the second career start for My Corinthian and his debut on dirt.

“I like to take some of my 2-year-olds and run them on the turf at Colonial to give them a little easier race,” Kobiskie said. “I’m not concerned about him switching to dirt.”

PTK LLC’s My Corinthian arrived at Kobiskie’s barn at Churchill Downs’ Trackside Training Center on Tuesday. Another horse arriving in Louisville from the Mid-Atlantic on Tuesday was the lone stakes winner in the Bashford Manor field: Debt Ceiling.

Tim O’Donohue’s Debt Ceiling broke his maiden by 4 ½ lengths at Laurel in March and then won the Rollicking at Pimlico on May 18.

“When he won at Pimlico, it was a slow time, but he was very wide throughout, so it was still very impressive,” trainer John Robb said.