• ZATT's Star of the Week, is ... Winx!Posted 14 hours ago
  • Elektrum (5-2) gets up in the final jump to win the Grade 3 Dowager at Keeneland.Posted 17 hours ago
  • Roca Rojo (4-1) storms home to romp in Belmont's Athenia.Posted 17 hours ago
  • Lightstream (2-1) rolls late to pass Malibu Stacy for the Raven Run win.Posted 1 day ago
  • Royal Posse (5-2) likes the off going and upsets Governor Malibu in the Empire Classic.Posted 1 day ago
  • Bar of Gold (4-5) wins the Empire Distaff by a country mile.Posted 1 day ago
  • Pat On The Back (20-1) puts them to sleep in a sloppy Sleepy Hollow.Posted 1 day ago
  • 2001 Kentucky Derby winner, Monarchos has passed away at the age of 18.Posted 1 day ago
  • Winx absolutely dominant in winning a second Cox Plate.Posted 2 days ago
  • Quidura (7-2) scores another graded stakes win at Keeneland for Graham Motion.Posted 2 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

Kobiskie Really Likes My Corinthian

Dane Kobiskie thought very highly of My Corinthian since the day he entered his barn and the 2-year-old gelding by Corinthian proved his trainer right when scoring a 7 ½-length debut victory on the turf at Colonial Downs. Kobiskie is hopeful he will flash the same talent in Saturday night’s $100,000-added Bashford Manor (GIII).
“I actually was a little afraid before his first race because I liked him so much,” Kobiskie said. “When a horse shows all the right signs, you just hope he’s as good as you think. It was nice to see him win like that and reassure us. If he had only won by two lengths, I probably would have been disappointed.”
The Bashford Manor, which will go as Race 7 at 9:05 p.m., will be the second career start for My Corinthian and his debut on dirt.
“I like to take some of my 2-year-olds and run them on the turf at Colonial to give them a little easier race,” Kobiskie said. “I’m not concerned about him switching to dirt.”
PTK LLC’s My Corinthian arrived at Kobiskie’s barn at Churchill Downs’ Trackside Training Center on Tuesday. Another horse arriving in Louisville from the Mid-Atlantic on Tuesday was the lone stakes winner in the Bashford Manor field: Debt Ceiling.
Tim O’Donohue’s Debt Ceiling broke his maiden by 4 ½ lengths at Laurel in March and then won the Rollicking at Pimlico on May 18.
“When he won at Pimlico, it was a slow time, but he was very wide throughout, so it was still very impressive,” trainer John Robb said.