• There's no catching Si Sage in the Grade 2 Charles Whittingham Stakes at Santa Anita.Posted 1 hour ago
  • Lexie Lou returns to her winning ways in today's Grade 2 Nassau Stakes.Posted 4 hours ago
  • Enola Gray takes the Melair gate to wire.Posted 1 day ago
  • Surgical Strike charges on the outside to win the Arlington Classic (G3).Posted 1 day ago
  • Diva Express and I'm a Looker make a dead heat run in the Winning Colors (G3).Posted 1 day ago
  • Flipcup game in Arlington Matron (G3) victory.Posted 1 day ago
  • In his first start since the Remsen, Gift Box rolls over a strong allowance field at Belmont.Posted 3 days ago
  • Nyquist has spiked a fever, delaying his trip to Belmont, via DRF's Dave Grening.Posted 6 days ago
  • Second Summer holds off Hard Aces to win the Grade 2 Californian.Posted 7 days ago
  • Exaggerator turns the tables and is victorious in the Preakness (G1).Posted 8 days ago

Kobiskie Really Likes My Corinthian

Dane Kobiskie thought very highly of My Corinthian since the day he entered his barn and the 2-year-old gelding by Corinthian proved his trainer right when scoring a 7 ½-length debut victory on the turf at Colonial Downs. Kobiskie is hopeful he will flash the same talent in Saturday night’s $100,000-added Bashford Manor (GIII).

“I actually was a little afraid before his first race because I liked him so much,” Kobiskie said. “When a horse shows all the right signs, you just hope he’s as good as you think. It was nice to see him win like that and reassure us. If he had only won by two lengths, I probably would have been disappointed.”

The Bashford Manor, which will go as Race 7 at 9:05 p.m., will be the second career start for My Corinthian and his debut on dirt.

“I like to take some of my 2-year-olds and run them on the turf at Colonial to give them a little easier race,” Kobiskie said. “I’m not concerned about him switching to dirt.”

PTK LLC’s My Corinthian arrived at Kobiskie’s barn at Churchill Downs’ Trackside Training Center on Tuesday. Another horse arriving in Louisville from the Mid-Atlantic on Tuesday was the lone stakes winner in the Bashford Manor field: Debt Ceiling.

Tim O’Donohue’s Debt Ceiling broke his maiden by 4 ½ lengths at Laurel in March and then won the Rollicking at Pimlico on May 18.

“When he won at Pimlico, it was a slow time, but he was very wide throughout, so it was still very impressive,” trainer John Robb said.