• There will be a Pick Six carryover of $167,021 when racing resumes Friday at Los Alamitos.Posted 1 day ago
  • There will be a Pick Six carryover of $42,460 when racing resumes Thursday at Los Alamitos.Posted 3 days ago
  •  Assateague goes wire to wire in the Dr. James Penny Memorial!Posted 4 days ago
  • Clearly Now breaks the 7f track record at Belmont - 1:19.96.Posted 7 days ago
  • There will be a Pick Six carryover of $28,880 when racing resumes July 4 at Los Al.Posted 8 days ago
  • 1-9 Frac Daddy upset by Sky Captain in the Dominion Day! Posted 11 days ago
  •  Size holds off Ria Antonia in the Iowa Oaks!Posted 13 days ago
  •  Declassify game in the Triple Bend!Posted 13 days ago
  •  Riposte proves best in the New York Handicap!Posted 13 days ago

Kentucky Oaks Workout Report - May 1

Close Hatches 615 X 400
Photo: Eclipse Sportswire
The last couple of days have heated up.  I was forced to break out my red head SPF 250 in order to survive the morning scouting expedition.  Every 15 minutes a new coat is applied. Survival guide for a red head in the sun.  The majority of the horses did not seem too affected by the heat.  Lucky them.

My final thoughts on the OAKS:  I have landed on CLOSE HATCHES.  The Bill Mott trained filly caught my eye on the first day and has not disappointed on any day since.  There is something about her that screams quality.  From her morning gallops to the dynamite solo half mile, she has done nothing wrong.  Now she gets a chance to tackle one of the toughest Oaks fields in a long time.  I wish her good luck.  And so does my wallet.  All she has to do is . . . . beat the freaky Baffert gray MIDNIGHT LUCKY after she burned a hole in the ground in her drill over the track . . . .  DREAMING OF JULIA the 10,000 length winner of the Gulfstream Oaks, in which she logged a 5002 beyer in the process . . . UNLIMITED BUDGET, the filly that turned in arguably the best drill of any of the OAKS/DERBY contingent . . . can of corn.  Any of the other contenders would surprise me on the win end, which probably means we should press all in the Oaks part of the Oaks-Derby double.

The Derby PP's are out.  This bird dog needs to start digging through that madness.

Please gamble responsibly.

Older Comments about Kentucky Oaks Workout Report - May 1 ...

Close Hatches is my pick also. she moves over the course wonderfully. She will be tough.
OK I give up. Why do you like Silsita?
why do I like Silsita........