• Highland Reel wins another big one, this time in the Prince of Wales's at Royal Ascot.Posted 1 day ago
  • Highland Reel (2-1) powers to victory in the Prince of Wales's Stakes (G1) at Royal AscotPosted 1 day ago
  • Lady Aurelia (2-1) easily wins at Royal Ascot again in the King's Stand (G1).Posted 2 days ago
  • Timeline (1-10) cruises in Monmouth's Pegasus Stakes to remain perfect..Posted 3 days ago
  • Sweeping Paddy (7-2) pounces and scores in the Regret Stakes.Posted 4 days ago
  • Gun Runner (1-2) romps home much the best in the Grade 1 Stephen Foster.Posted 4 days ago
  • Forever Unbridled (1-1) way too much for her Fleur de Lis foes.Posted 4 days ago
  • Kasaqui (3-1) rolls down the lane to victory in the Wise Dan.Posted 4 days ago
  • Faypien (7-2) edges Mopotism in the Grade 2 Summertime Oaks.Posted 4 days ago
  • McCraken (1-5) rolls to a facile score in the Matt Winn.Posted 4 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Royal Ascot 2017

Kentucky Derby Pool 1 - Final Odds Analysis

Playing the Kentucky Derby Future Wager may be more about having some fun rather than placing wise bets, but hey, there's nothing wrong with taking a plunge once in awhile, especially when it comes to the Run for the Roses. Here's my analysis of the final odds for Pool 1, which clearly define two key points ... No one this year offers a smart play at 15-1 or under, and while there is some good value to be had, there are plenty more horses that are far too low, in my estimation.

Older Comments about Kentucky Derby Pool 1 - Final Odds Analysis...

I made some small exacta boxes involving the field, just for the fun of it! All paid well over $100.
I could be wrong, but this may be the highest odds (8-5) on "All Others" for a DFWP1?! Also, I saw a tweet on Friday right after the pool opened, that $10k bets went on Flashback, Itsmyluckyday, Verranzano & Violence. Hence, their odds closed roughly the same. I'm w/ Ashley... I took the 8-5, then a flyer w/ Dynamic Sky (54-1). WTH it's only $$$.
Took the 114-1 on Falling Sky, 47-1 on Super Ninety Nine and 61-1 on Will Take Charge. Odds of my KY Derby Future Pool #1 not making it to Churchill - Even money
All of my picks are in "All Others," but there are some interesting odds and choices in here.