• Gold Rush Dancer (14-1) pulls the upset in Del Mar's Real Good Deal Stakes.Posted 2 hours ago
  • Haveyougoneaway (7-2) wears down Paulassilverlining to win the Honorable Miss at Saratoga.Posted 5 hours ago
  • Exaggerator is going in the Haskell, according to Steve Edelson of the Asbury Park Press.Posted 9 hours ago
  • The Gurkha wins a Sussex thriller over Galileo Gold and Ribchester.Posted 12 hours ago
  • Amis Gizmo romps home in the Prince of Wales at Fort Erie.Posted 1 day ago
  • Long On Value (7-2) cuts back and rolls in the Lucky Coin Stakes.Posted 2 days ago
  • Songbird repels the challenge of Carina Mia, and romps home in the CCA Oaks.Posted 3 days ago
  • Up With the Birds swings to victory in Woodbine's Nijinsky Stakes.Posted 3 days ago
  • Tin Type Gal rides the rail to victory in Monmouth's Boiling Springs.Posted 3 days ago
  • California Chrome edges Dortmund in a San Diego Handicap showdown.Posted 4 days ago

Kentucky Derby Pool 1 - Final Odds Analysis

Playing the Kentucky Derby Future Wager may be more about having some fun rather than placing wise bets, but hey, there's nothing wrong with taking a plunge once in awhile, especially when it comes to the Run for the Roses. Here's my analysis of the final odds for Pool 1, which clearly define two key points ... No one this year offers a smart play at 15-1 or under, and while there is some good value to be had, there are plenty more horses that are far too low, in my estimation.

Older Comments about Kentucky Derby Pool 1 - Final Odds Analysis...

I made some small exacta boxes involving the field, just for the fun of it! All paid well over $100.
I could be wrong, but this may be the highest odds (8-5) on "All Others" for a DFWP1?! Also, I saw a tweet on Friday right after the pool opened, that $10k bets went on Flashback, Itsmyluckyday, Verranzano & Violence. Hence, their odds closed roughly the same. I'm w/ Ashley... I took the 8-5, then a flyer w/ Dynamic Sky (54-1). WTH it's only $$$.
Took the 114-1 on Falling Sky, 47-1 on Super Ninety Nine and 61-1 on Will Take Charge. Odds of my KY Derby Future Pool #1 not making it to Churchill - Even money
All of my picks are in "All Others," but there are some interesting odds and choices in here.