• Cupid (2-5) holds off Curlin Rules in the Harry F. Brubaker.Posted 3 hours ago
  • Ulysses (Galileo) powers by Churchill and Barney Roy in the Group 1 Juddmonte International.Posted 14 hours ago
  • Cracksman (Frankel) cruises to a big victory in the Group 2 Great Voltigeur Stakes at York.Posted 14 hours ago
  • Diversify (1-2) rolls home a big winner in the Evan Shipman.Posted 2 days ago
  • Blackjackcat (8-1) holds off Vyjack to win the Del Mar Mile.Posted 3 days ago
  • Dak Attack (2-1) is an impressive winner of the Ellis Park Juvenile.Posted 3 days ago
  • Channel Maker (8-5) wins the photo and survives multiple objections to win the Breeders' Stakes.Posted 3 days ago
  • Kelly's Humor (11-1) rolls late to win Ellis Park Debutante.Posted 3 days ago
  • Dream Dancing (6-1) nips Beau Recall in the Del Mar Oaks.Posted 4 days ago
  • Collected (3-1) holds off Arrogate in the TVG Pacific Classic.Posted 4 days ago
Saratoga and Del Mar 2017

Kentucky Derby Pool 1 - Final Odds Analysis

Playing the Kentucky Derby Future Wager may be more about having some fun rather than placing wise bets, but hey, there's nothing wrong with taking a plunge once in awhile, especially when it comes to the Run for the Roses. Here's my analysis of the final odds for Pool 1, which clearly define two key points ... No one this year offers a smart play at 15-1 or under, and while there is some good value to be had, there are plenty more horses that are far too low, in my estimation.

Older Comments about Kentucky Derby Pool 1 - Final Odds Analysis...

I made some small exacta boxes involving the field, just for the fun of it! All paid well over $100.
I could be wrong, but this may be the highest odds (8-5) on "All Others" for a DFWP1?! Also, I saw a tweet on Friday right after the pool opened, that $10k bets went on Flashback, Itsmyluckyday, Verranzano & Violence. Hence, their odds closed roughly the same. I'm w/ Ashley... I took the 8-5, then a flyer w/ Dynamic Sky (54-1). WTH it's only $$$.
Took the 114-1 on Falling Sky, 47-1 on Super Ninety Nine and 61-1 on Will Take Charge. Odds of my KY Derby Future Pool #1 not making it to Churchill - Even money
All of my picks are in "All Others," but there are some interesting odds and choices in here.