• Magic Mark upsets the Bertrando Stakes at 11-1 to kickoff the Los Alamitos meet.Posted 1 day ago
  • Salutos Amigos dominant in Monmouth Park's Mr. Prospector.Posted 5 days ago
  • Crucero upsets the San Juan Capistrano at odds of 23-1.Posted 5 days ago
  • La Verdad skips through the Belmont slop to a victory in the Dancin Renee.Posted 5 days ago
  • Treve too much for Flintshire and the rest in today's Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud.Posted 6 days ago
  • Golden Lad surges late to score in the Prairie Meadows Cornhusker.Posted 6 days ago
  • Bent on Bourbon has his coming out party in the Iowa Derby.Posted 6 days ago
  • Departing slips through on the hedge to win the Firecracker.Posted 6 days ago
  • Sarah Sis just holds off Pangburn in the Iowa Oaks.Posted 6 days ago
  • Cosmic Evolution edges away to victory in the Debutante.Posted 6 days ago

Kentucky Derby Pool 1 - Final Odds Analysis

Playing the Kentucky Derby Future Wager may be more about having some fun rather than placing wise bets, but hey, there's nothing wrong with taking a plunge once in awhile, especially when it comes to the Run for the Roses. Here's my analysis of the final odds for Pool 1, which clearly define two key points ... No one this year offers a smart play at 15-1 or under, and while there is some good value to be had, there are plenty more horses that are far too low, in my estimation.

Older Comments about Kentucky Derby Pool 1 - Final Odds Analysis...

I made some small exacta boxes involving the field, just for the fun of it! All paid well over $100.
I could be wrong, but this may be the highest odds (8-5) on "All Others" for a DFWP1?! Also, I saw a tweet on Friday right after the pool opened, that $10k bets went on Flashback, Itsmyluckyday, Verranzano & Violence. Hence, their odds closed roughly the same. I'm w/ Ashley... I took the 8-5, then a flyer w/ Dynamic Sky (54-1). WTH it's only $$$.
Took the 114-1 on Falling Sky, 47-1 on Super Ninety Nine and 61-1 on Will Take Charge. Odds of my KY Derby Future Pool #1 not making it to Churchill - Even money
All of my picks are in "All Others," but there are some interesting odds and choices in here.