• ZATT's Star of the Week, is ... Winx!Posted 3 days ago
  • Elektrum (5-2) gets up in the final jump to win the Grade 3 Dowager at Keeneland.Posted 3 days ago
  • Roca Rojo (4-1) storms home to romp in Belmont's Athenia.Posted 3 days ago
  • Lightstream (2-1) rolls late to pass Malibu Stacy for the Raven Run win.Posted 4 days ago
  • Royal Posse (5-2) likes the off going and upsets Governor Malibu in the Empire Classic.Posted 4 days ago
  • Bar of Gold (4-5) wins the Empire Distaff by a country mile.Posted 4 days ago
  • Pat On The Back (20-1) puts them to sleep in a sloppy Sleepy Hollow.Posted 4 days ago
  • 2001 Kentucky Derby winner, Monarchos has passed away at the age of 18.Posted 4 days ago
  • Winx absolutely dominant in winning a second Cox Plate.Posted 4 days ago
  • Quidura (7-2) scores another graded stakes win at Keeneland for Graham Motion.Posted 5 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

Kentucky Derby Pool 1 - Final Odds Analysis

Playing the Kentucky Derby Future Wager may be more about having some fun rather than placing wise bets, but hey, there's nothing wrong with taking a plunge once in awhile, especially when it comes to the Run for the Roses. Here's my analysis of the final odds for Pool 1, which clearly define two key points ... No one this year offers a smart play at 15-1 or under, and while there is some good value to be had, there are plenty more horses that are far too low, in my estimation.

Older Comments about Kentucky Derby Pool 1 - Final Odds Analysis...

I made some small exacta boxes involving the field, just for the fun of it! All paid well over $100.
I could be wrong, but this may be the highest odds (8-5) on "All Others" for a DFWP1?! Also, I saw a tweet on Friday right after the pool opened, that $10k bets went on Flashback, Itsmyluckyday, Verranzano & Violence. Hence, their odds closed roughly the same. I'm w/ Ashley... I took the 8-5, then a flyer w/ Dynamic Sky (54-1). WTH it's only $$$.
Took the 114-1 on Falling Sky, 47-1 on Super Ninety Nine and 61-1 on Will Take Charge. Odds of my KY Derby Future Pool #1 not making it to Churchill - Even money
All of my picks are in "All Others," but there are some interesting odds and choices in here.