Kentucky Derby 2013
workouts for Monday, February 11
Today's Derby contender works featured a four furlong breeze from 2-time graded turf route winner Balance the Books
The Chad Brown runner is expected to make his sophomore debut in the grassy
G3 Palm Beach Stakes at Gulfstream Park on March 3.
(# is HRN Kentucky Derby 2013 Ranking)
#13 Balance the Books
– 4f breeze in :49.44 (9/33) at Palm Meadows.#31 Tesseron
- 6f breeze in 1:16.40 (1/1) at Palm Meadows (turf).
#41 Noble Tune
– Breezed 4f in :49.44 (9/33) at Palm Meadows.#60 Title Contender
- 5f in :59.20 (2/66) at Santa Anita. #103 Carving
- 5f in 1:01.40 (26/66) at Santa Anita. #237 Always in a Tiz
- 5f breeze in 1:02.20 (7/32) at Oaklawn Park.