• Far Right shoots up the rail again to score in the Southwest Stakes. Posted 5 days ago
  • Khozan demolishes a Gulfstream Park allowance field to remain perfect in two starts. Posted 5 days ago
  • No beating North Slope as he returns to dirt a winner in the Evening Attire. Posted 5 days ago
  •  International Star scrapes the paint to win the Risen Star.Posted 6 days ago
  • I'm A Chatterbox speaks loud and clear in the Rachel Alexandra. Posted 6 days ago
  • Itsaknockout wins the Fountain of Youth on the DQ of Upstart. Posted 6 days ago
  •  Chocolate Ride sneaks away in the Fair Grounds Handicap.Posted 6 days ago
  • Long On Value clearly Best in the Canadian Turf. Posted 6 days ago
  •  Street Babe surprise the Mineshaft field at Fair Grounds.Posted 6 days ago
  • Main Sequence storms home late to win the Mac Diarmida! Posted 6 days ago

Kentucky Derby 2013 Contenders – Itsmyluckyday floors the champ

Itsmyluckyday is an interesting new shooter on the Kentucky Derby 2013 trail following a strong victory over Shanghai Bobby in the G3 Holy Bull Stakes at Gulfstream Park on Jan 26.

The winning BSF in the Holy Bull was 104 and the top two were well clear of the rest. It was definitely a fast race by two quality colts but I do not think we saw the Kentucky Derby winner on Saturday.

Itsmyluckyday was making his 9th career start on Jan 26 and clearly has an affinity for Gulfstream Park following big wins in the GP Derby and Holy Bull. The son of Lawyer Ron is now 4-for-4 in Florida (CRC/GP) conventional dirt races. I like his trainer Eddie Plesa Jr. and the overachiever is easy to root for.

Shanghai Bobby ran well but had no excuses. Inside speed dominates in 8.5f events at the Gulf and he had everything his own way from the rail. I removed him from my top ten after the BC Juvenile because of distance limitations and he backed up my lack of stamina opinion on Saturday.