• Far Right shoots up the rail again to score in the Southwest Stakes. Posted 5 days ago
  • Khozan demolishes a Gulfstream Park allowance field to remain perfect in two starts. Posted 5 days ago
  • No beating North Slope as he returns to dirt a winner in the Evening Attire. Posted 5 days ago
  •  International Star scrapes the paint to win the Risen Star.Posted 6 days ago
  • I'm A Chatterbox speaks loud and clear in the Rachel Alexandra. Posted 6 days ago
  • Itsaknockout wins the Fountain of Youth on the DQ of Upstart. Posted 6 days ago
  •  Chocolate Ride sneaks away in the Fair Grounds Handicap.Posted 6 days ago
  • Long On Value clearly Best in the Canadian Turf. Posted 6 days ago
  •  Street Babe surprise the Mineshaft field at Fair Grounds.Posted 6 days ago
  • Main Sequence storms home late to win the Mac Diarmida! Posted 6 days ago

Kentucky Derby 2012 Workout Report, Feb 6 - Union Rags fires bullet

Union Rags wins 2011 Champagne.
Photo: NYRA, Adam Coglianese
Kentucky Derby 2012
workouts for Monday, February 6

Today's Derby contender works featured a four furlong bullet from G1 Champagne Stakes hero Union Rags. The Feb 26 Fountain of Youth Stakes at Gulfstream Park is his first scheduled appointment of the season.

(# is HRN Kentucky Derby 2012 Ranking)

#1 Union Rags -
4f bullet in :48.67 (1/27) at Palm Meadows.

#11 Out of Bounds - 5f breeze in 1:03 (17/20) at Hollywood Park.

#12 Sabercat - 4f in :48.60 (25/43) at Santa Anita Park.

#13 Secret Circle - 7f in 1:24.40 (2/3) at Santa Anita.

#20 Ever So Lucky - 5f breeze in 1:01.75 (4/8) at Gulfstream Park.

#23 Motor City - 4f breeze in :49.88 (17/27) at Palm Meadows.

#61 Shared Property - 5f in 1:00.60 (2/37) at Fair Grounds.

#79 Our Entourage - 5f bullet in :59.23 (1/23) at Palm Meadows.

#82 Monastic - 4f in :47.40 (2/12) at Tampa Bay.

{Keep up with the latest Kentucky Derby 2012 trail workouts}

Notes:

Battle Hardened received an 81 BSF for his breakthrough maiden tally in the G3 Sam F. Davis Stakes at Tampa Bay Downs on Feb 4. I'll Have Another earned a decent 96 BSF for his surprise victory in Saturday's G2 Robert Lewis Stakes at Santa Anita Park.

Older Comments about Kentucky Derby 2012 Workout Report, Feb 6 - Union Rags fires bullet...

The Kentucky Derby is set up for a closer, and that is Union Rags. However, Hansen might be able to get the Preakness. The Belmont is anyone's.
I say Union Rags and Hansen are as well my top two in my Derby Top 10
for me as of now my first pick could be union rags,my 2nd choice is hansen.
Union Rags is in the #1 spot in My Derby Top 10. Looks like his tarining is getting serious.