• Far From Over is injured and off the Kentucky Derby trail, according to owner, James Covello.Posted 1 day ago
  • Materiality turns away the challenge of Upstart to win the Florida Derby.Posted 4 days ago
  • International Star reels in Stanford late to win the Louisiana Derby.Posted 4 days ago
  • I'm A Chatterbox sweeps the 3yo filly stakes at Fair Grounds with today's win in the Oaks.Posted 4 days ago
  • Pants On Fire guts out a win in the Sir Shackleton.Posted 4 days ago
  • War Correspondent rolls late to win the Appleton.Posted 4 days ago
  • Prince Bishop wins the world's richest race; California Chrome 2nd.Posted 4 days ago
  • Dolniya dominates the boys in the Dubai Sheema ClassicPosted 4 days ago
  • Solow defeats The Grey Gatsby in the $6,000,000 Dubai TurfPosted 4 days ago

Kentucky Derby 2012 Contenders - Hansen, Secret Circle

This is my latest in a series of blogs devoted to 2012 Kentucky Derby hopefuls. The Breeders’ Cup Juvenile is in the books and Hansen stole the candy. The undefeated colt has yet to be tested and we will see how good he is when he faces serious pace pressure next year.

Union Rags should have won the BC Juvenile but he was weaving under the Twin Spires and fell a head short. The talented juvenile needs to mature mentally.

Older Comments about Kentucky Derby 2012 Contenders - Hansen, Secret Circle...

horses at two and horses at three are akin to the differences in athletic prowess of a child of 12 and a young man of 18....Nowhere the same animal
I don't know. I'm just not feeling it about Union Rags. He might be good next year, but my gut feeling says hes not.
still very early... hansen ran a whale of a race and as hard as Union Rags tried he still was not going to catch him at 1 1/16 that day!!!