• Arrogate draws post position #9 for Saturday's Dubai World Cup.Posted 11 hours ago
  • Vale Dori (6-5) wins a virtual match race over Finest City in the G1 Santa Margarita.Posted 3 days ago
  • Malagacy (3-1) remains unbeaten with an impressive Rebel win.Posted 3 days ago
  • Enola Gray (2-5) much the best down the hill in the Irish O'Brien.Posted 4 days ago
  • Jenda's Agenda (2-5) stays unbeaten with a facile win in the Caeser's Wish.Posted 4 days ago
  • Mor Spirit (1-2) too good in the Essex at Oaklawn Park.Posted 4 days ago
  • Distinta (11-1) gets up on the shadow of the wire in the Inside Information.Posted 4 days ago
  • Twisted Tom (4-1) gets up in the final jump to win the Private Terms.Posted 4 days ago
  • Streamline (12-1) upsets the Azeri; rough trip for favorite Terra Promessa.Posted 4 days ago
  • Clothes Fall Off (6-5) undresses the competition in the Correction.Posted 4 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Dubai World Cup 2017

Just A Game Stakes Quotes

JUST A GAME PRESENTED BY VISITNASSAUCOUNTY.COM QUOTES

Bill Mott, winning trainer of Proviso (No. 5): “She’s been a nice filly, but come to hand for us lately. We’ve got a couple Grade 1’s coming up; we’re hoping for more.

“Looking at the [form], I thought the race might shape up as it did, laying second, and that’s what happened. I thought she might accelerate quicker than she did, but they were cruising right along. Phola ran to her, and it was hard to know how much she had left.

“I’d probably want to try the Diana [Grade 1, $500,000, 1 1/8 miles on July 31 at Saratoga Race Course] with her. She has run longer races. She won the Spinster at a mile and an eighth but got DQ’d.”

Mike Smith, winning jockey aboard Proviso (No. 5): “She ran great. She’s probably better when she’s running at a target. The race came up light on the speed part. Bill told me not to change anything; that we were going to be laying second, and to go from there. It all worked out.

“She certainly is getting a lot better. She has turned it around with her disposition and the way she is running. She has become more relaxed in the gate and in the race.”

Todd Pletcher, trainer of second-place finisher Phola (No. 3): “I thought she ran a huge race. I wouldn’t be afraid to try [Proviso] again.”

Ramon Dominguez, rider aboard second-place finisher Phola (No. 3): “My filly finished up very, very strong. I had no excuses. She handled the turf, so that was good.”

Barclay Tagg, trainer of third-place finisher My Princess Jess (No. 2): “I thought she ran great. There just wasn't any pace – all these graded stakes are going in 48 and change. (The winner) probably the best horse in the country at the conditions.”

Cornelio Velasquez, rider aboard third-place finisher My Princess Jess (No. 2): “My filly ran well, she’s a nice filly. I set her down the last three-eighths, but the other filly was too good.”