• Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 2 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 3 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 4 days ago
  • Stanford finds his way back to the winner's circle in the Charles Town Classic.Posted 4 days ago
  • Rose Brier sets new course record in the Henry S. Clark.Posted 4 days ago
  • Da Big Hoss lives up to his name with the Dixiana Elkhorn win.Posted 4 days ago
  • Raging Smoke leads all the way in the Sugar Maple.Posted 4 days ago
  • Highland Sky flies home to Woodhaven victory.Posted 4 days ago
  • Brooklynsway upsets I'm A Chatterbox in the Doubledogdare at 25-1.Posted 5 days ago
  • Cupid has been removed from consideration from the Kentucky Derby; Mo Tom is now in.Posted 10 days ago

Just A Game Stakes Quotes

JUST A GAME PRESENTED BY VISITNASSAUCOUNTY.COM QUOTES

Bill Mott, winning trainer of Proviso (No. 5): “She’s been a nice filly, but come to hand for us lately. We’ve got a couple Grade 1’s coming up; we’re hoping for more.

“Looking at the [form], I thought the race might shape up as it did, laying second, and that’s what happened. I thought she might accelerate quicker than she did, but they were cruising right along. Phola ran to her, and it was hard to know how much she had left.

“I’d probably want to try the Diana [Grade 1, $500,000, 1 1/8 miles on July 31 at Saratoga Race Course] with her. She has run longer races. She won the Spinster at a mile and an eighth but got DQ’d.”

Mike Smith, winning jockey aboard Proviso (No. 5): “She ran great. She’s probably better when she’s running at a target. The race came up light on the speed part. Bill told me not to change anything; that we were going to be laying second, and to go from there. It all worked out.

“She certainly is getting a lot better. She has turned it around with her disposition and the way she is running. She has become more relaxed in the gate and in the race.”

Todd Pletcher, trainer of second-place finisher Phola (No. 3): “I thought she ran a huge race. I wouldn’t be afraid to try [Proviso] again.”

Ramon Dominguez, rider aboard second-place finisher Phola (No. 3): “My filly finished up very, very strong. I had no excuses. She handled the turf, so that was good.”

Barclay Tagg, trainer of third-place finisher My Princess Jess (No. 2): “I thought she ran great. There just wasn't any pace – all these graded stakes are going in 48 and change. (The winner) probably the best horse in the country at the conditions.”

Cornelio Velasquez, rider aboard third-place finisher My Princess Jess (No. 2): “My filly ran well, she’s a nice filly. I set her down the last three-eighths, but the other filly was too good.”