• There will be a Pick Six carryover of $167,021 when racing resumes Friday at Los Alamitos.Posted 23 hours ago
  • There will be a Pick Six carryover of $42,460 when racing resumes Thursday at Los Alamitos.Posted 2 days ago
  •  Assateague goes wire to wire in the Dr. James Penny Memorial!Posted 3 days ago
  • Clearly Now breaks the 7f track record at Belmont - 1:19.96.Posted 6 days ago
  • There will be a Pick Six carryover of $28,880 when racing resumes July 4 at Los Al.Posted 7 days ago
  • 1-9 Frac Daddy upset by Sky Captain in the Dominion Day! Posted 10 days ago
  •  Size holds off Ria Antonia in the Iowa Oaks!Posted 12 days ago
  •  Declassify game in the Triple Bend!Posted 13 days ago
  •  Riposte proves best in the New York Handicap!Posted 13 days ago

Jim Dandy Considered for Street Life

Trainer Chad Brown reported Sunday morning that Street Life was drained but healthy following his fourth-place finish in the Belmont Stakes.

“He came out of the race in good shape,” he said. “He’s a little tired, but he looks sound. We’re just going to regroup and think about our next spot with him.”

Under jockey Jose Lezcano, Street Life raced near the back of the 11-horse field through moderate fractions set by the front-running Paynter, closing down the stretch on the far outside and was beaten 7 ¼ lengths.

“I was a little disappointed the horse didn’t show a little more interest early and naturally lay closer,” Brown said, “but he tends to be a lazy kind of horse. He just didn’t have good position early, and then lacked the turn of foot to really make a serious impact on the top three finishers. All things considered, I thought the horse ran fairly well. He put his run in; it wasn’t good enough.”

Brown was complimentary of Belmont winner Union Rags, who rebounded from two tough-trip losses to rally along the rail and beat Paynter by a neck.

“It was an outstanding day of racing that Belmont Park put on, and I think the Belmont Stakes in particular was an outstanding race,” he said. “Yeah, we lost a major player in I’ll Have Another, and everyone was disappointed with that; however, I think the best horse won the race. Union Rags showed at 2 that he was one of the best horses in the crop, if not the best horse. I think he validated that again yesterday. I think he’s going to be a force to be reckoned with the rest of the year. He’s not a horse that I’d be looking to run against if I had the choice.”

Looking ahead, Brown said he would consider the Grade 2 Jim Dandy Stakes at Saratoga Race Course for Street Life, who has two wins, a third and a fourth in six career races.

“I’m going to point him toward the Jim Dandy and just see what’s happening,” he said. “I want to back him up in distance and hopefully get more pace to run into. He’s got something to prove. He’s been knocking on the door, but he needs to be a little faster to beat these horses. I’m going to give him the opportunity to continue to develop into the kind of horse that can make a stronger impact in these races. I think he still has a lot of upside, and I don’t think we’ve seen the best of him yet.”