• Cupid (2-5) holds off Curlin Rules in the Harry F. Brubaker.Posted 3 hours ago
  • Ulysses (Galileo) powers by Churchill and Barney Roy in the Group 1 Juddmonte International.Posted 14 hours ago
  • Cracksman (Frankel) cruises to a big victory in the Group 2 Great Voltigeur Stakes at York.Posted 15 hours ago
  • Diversify (1-2) rolls home a big winner in the Evan Shipman.Posted 2 days ago
  • Blackjackcat (8-1) holds off Vyjack to win the Del Mar Mile.Posted 3 days ago
  • Dak Attack (2-1) is an impressive winner of the Ellis Park Juvenile.Posted 3 days ago
  • Channel Maker (8-5) wins the photo and survives multiple objections to win the Breeders' Stakes.Posted 3 days ago
  • Kelly's Humor (11-1) rolls late to win Ellis Park Debutante.Posted 3 days ago
  • Dream Dancing (6-1) nips Beau Recall in the Del Mar Oaks.Posted 4 days ago
  • Collected (3-1) holds off Arrogate in the TVG Pacific Classic.Posted 4 days ago
Saratoga and Del Mar 2017

Java's War Confirmed for Swaps Stakes

Charles Fipke’s Java’s War, winner of the Grade I Blue Grass Stakes April 13 and a troubled 13th in the Kentucky Derby, heads a field of five or six likely starters in the Grade II, $150,000 Swaps Stakes.

The Swaps, for 3-year-olds at 1 1/8 miles on Cushion Track, will be run Thursday, July 4, kicking off a loaded Fourth of July weekend at the Inglewood track. In honor of Independence Day, veterans and active duty personnel – with proper military identification – will receive free grandstand admission.

The Friday, July 5 program will mark the final night racing card at Betfair Hollywood Park. Post time is 7:05. A concert featuring 80z All Stars after the races are concluded and beer will be offered for $1 from 7-9 p.m.

Saturday, July 6, will feature the signature event of the Spring/Summer meet, the Grade I, $500,000 Hollywood Gold Cup at 1 1-4 miles on Cushion Track. Defending champion Game On Dude is expected to head the field. A 75th anniversary commemorative DVD will be given away – one per paid admission while supplies last.

Trainer Ken McPeek confirmed to vice president-racing and racing secretary Martin Panza Thursday morning that Java’s War will be arriving at Betfair Hollywood Park July 1 and will be stabled in the barn of Hall of Famer Jack Van Berg.

A son of War Pass out of the Rainbow Quest mare Java, Java’s War has won three of eight starts with earnings of $672,091. He came to prominence last year with a fast-closing third in the Grade I Breeders Futurity at Keeneland. He hesitated and got away slowly in the Kentucky Derby May 4, all but dooming his chances in the 19-horse field. Julien Leparoux, who rode Java’s War in the Blue Grass and Kentucky Derby, once again has the mount.

Other Swaps contenders include Tiz a Minister (trainer Paul Aguirre, jockey Corey Nakatani), who came from far back to win the Grade III Affirmed Handicap June 2; Power Broker (Bob Baffert, no rider), who won the Grade I Front Runner at Santa Anita last Sept. 29 and coming off wins at Churchill Downs and Belmont Park; Dice Flavor (Paddy Gallagher, Mike Smith), victorious in the Grade III El Camino Real Derby Feb. 16 at Golden Gate Fields; and Chief Havoc (Peter Miller, no rider), a dominating allowance winner May 30.

Older Comments about Java's War Confirmed for Swaps Stakes...

Java's War breezed 5f in 1:01.40 (5/15) at Keeneland on 6-29.
I am still not sure why they aren't pointing to the Secretariat
Well this race will annoy me haha
I really like him and julien is ok too but I surely hope he has time for gate school. I watched a few of his races absolutely last out of the gate in all I saw. In my opinion these delayed breaks have cost him a lot.