• Cloud Computing will not run in the Belmont Stakes, instead waiting for Saratoga's Jim Dandy.Posted 40 minutes ago
  • Cupid (7-1) makes a winning comeback in the Grade 1 Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 21 hours ago
  • Illuminant (8-5) sneaks up the rail to capture the Grade 2 Monrovia.Posted 21 hours ago
  • Cowboy Culture (5-2) is the clear victor in the Grade 3 Arlington Classic.Posted 22 hours ago
  • Lady Eli (3-5) keeps Goodyearforroses at bay to win the Grade 1 Gamely.Posted 22 hours ago
  • Finley'sluckycharm (1-5) runs away with the Grade 3 Winning Colors.Posted 23 hours ago
  • Stormy Liberal (1-2) continues downhill turf success in the Grade 3 Daytona.Posted 23 hours ago
  • Starship Jubilee (10-1) rallies to Grade 2 Nassau win.Posted 23 hours ago
  • The breeding rights to Classic Empire have been acquired by Coolmore.Posted 5 days ago
  • Cloud Computing (13-1) edges a game Classic Empire in the Preakness.Posted 7 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Belmont Stakes 2017

J J's Lucky Train wins Bay Shore

J J's Lucky Train wins 2011 Bay Shore
J J's Lucky Train caught Vengeful Wildcat to capture Saturday's Grade 3 Bay Shore Stakes at Aqueduct.

Smoke It Right briefly led after a quarter in :22.64 with Vengeful Wildcat taking over through a half in :46.17. The Ben Perkins Jr. trainee had a length advantage in the lane but J J's Lucky Train steadily gained to win by a neck.

“Down the backside I was in cardiac arrest with all that trouble from the start", said winning conditioner William Anderson. "It looked like he was hanging a little in midstretch, and I didn’t think we’d get there. We know he always tries. I think at seven-eighths to a mile it’d take a heck of a horse to outrun him, and that’s where we’ll probably stay with him.”

“On the backside, I was happy with where I was", said winning jockey Jose Ferrer. With him, the more you grab, the more he goes. I was trying to give and take, keep him relaxed and comfortable. I wanted to wait, and teach him how to rate to make sure he finishes. Everyone has done a fantastic job with this horse.”

Justin Phillip crossed the line in 3rd with Buffum and Royal Currier in a dead-head for 4th. Harlan's Hello and Smoke It Right trailed.