• Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 22 hours ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 1 day ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 1 day ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 1 day ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 1 day ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 1 day ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 1 day ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 1 day ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 2 days ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 7 days ago

J J's Lucky Train wins Bay Shore

J J's Lucky Train wins 2011 Bay Shore
J J's Lucky Train caught Vengeful Wildcat to capture Saturday's Grade 3 Bay Shore Stakes at Aqueduct.

Smoke It Right briefly led after a quarter in :22.64 with Vengeful Wildcat taking over through a half in :46.17. The Ben Perkins Jr. trainee had a length advantage in the lane but J J's Lucky Train steadily gained to win by a neck.

“Down the backside I was in cardiac arrest with all that trouble from the start", said winning conditioner William Anderson. "It looked like he was hanging a little in midstretch, and I didn’t think we’d get there. We know he always tries. I think at seven-eighths to a mile it’d take a heck of a horse to outrun him, and that’s where we’ll probably stay with him.”

“On the backside, I was happy with where I was", said winning jockey Jose Ferrer. With him, the more you grab, the more he goes. I was trying to give and take, keep him relaxed and comfortable. I wanted to wait, and teach him how to rate to make sure he finishes. Everyone has done a fantastic job with this horse.”

Justin Phillip crossed the line in 3rd with Buffum and Royal Currier in a dead-head for 4th. Harlan's Hello and Smoke It Right trailed.