• Gold Rush Dancer (14-1) pulls the upset in Del Mar's Real Good Deal Stakes.Posted 2 hours ago
  • Haveyougoneaway (7-2) wears down Paulassilverlining to win the Honorable Miss at Saratoga.Posted 5 hours ago
  • Exaggerator is going in the Haskell, according to Steve Edelson of the Asbury Park Press.Posted 9 hours ago
  • The Gurkha wins a Sussex thriller over Galileo Gold and Ribchester.Posted 12 hours ago
  • Amis Gizmo romps home in the Prince of Wales at Fort Erie.Posted 1 day ago
  • Long On Value (7-2) cuts back and rolls in the Lucky Coin Stakes.Posted 2 days ago
  • Songbird repels the challenge of Carina Mia, and romps home in the CCA Oaks.Posted 3 days ago
  • Up With the Birds swings to victory in Woodbine's Nijinsky Stakes.Posted 3 days ago
  • Tin Type Gal rides the rail to victory in Monmouth's Boiling Springs.Posted 3 days ago
  • California Chrome edges Dortmund in a San Diego Handicap showdown.Posted 4 days ago

J J's Lucky Train wins Bay Shore

J J's Lucky Train wins 2011 Bay Shore
J J's Lucky Train caught Vengeful Wildcat to capture Saturday's Grade 3 Bay Shore Stakes at Aqueduct.

Smoke It Right briefly led after a quarter in :22.64 with Vengeful Wildcat taking over through a half in :46.17. The Ben Perkins Jr. trainee had a length advantage in the lane but J J's Lucky Train steadily gained to win by a neck.

“Down the backside I was in cardiac arrest with all that trouble from the start", said winning conditioner William Anderson. "It looked like he was hanging a little in midstretch, and I didn’t think we’d get there. We know he always tries. I think at seven-eighths to a mile it’d take a heck of a horse to outrun him, and that’s where we’ll probably stay with him.”

“On the backside, I was happy with where I was", said winning jockey Jose Ferrer. With him, the more you grab, the more he goes. I was trying to give and take, keep him relaxed and comfortable. I wanted to wait, and teach him how to rate to make sure he finishes. Everyone has done a fantastic job with this horse.”

Justin Phillip crossed the line in 3rd with Buffum and Royal Currier in a dead-head for 4th. Harlan's Hello and Smoke It Right trailed.