• Galileo Gold, under Frankie Dettori, rolls in the 2000 Guineas.Posted 1 hour ago
  • Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 19 hours ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 3 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 5 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 6 days ago
  • Stanford finds his way back to the winner's circle in the Charles Town Classic.Posted 6 days ago
  • Rose Brier sets new course record in the Henry S. Clark.Posted 6 days ago
  • Da Big Hoss lives up to his name with the Dixiana Elkhorn win.Posted 6 days ago
  • Raging Smoke leads all the way in the Sugar Maple.Posted 6 days ago
  • Highland Sky flies home to Woodhaven victory.Posted 6 days ago

J J's Lucky Train wins Bay Shore

J J's Lucky Train wins 2011 Bay Shore
J J's Lucky Train caught Vengeful Wildcat to capture Saturday's Grade 3 Bay Shore Stakes at Aqueduct.

Smoke It Right briefly led after a quarter in :22.64 with Vengeful Wildcat taking over through a half in :46.17. The Ben Perkins Jr. trainee had a length advantage in the lane but J J's Lucky Train steadily gained to win by a neck.

“Down the backside I was in cardiac arrest with all that trouble from the start", said winning conditioner William Anderson. "It looked like he was hanging a little in midstretch, and I didn’t think we’d get there. We know he always tries. I think at seven-eighths to a mile it’d take a heck of a horse to outrun him, and that’s where we’ll probably stay with him.”

“On the backside, I was happy with where I was", said winning jockey Jose Ferrer. With him, the more you grab, the more he goes. I was trying to give and take, keep him relaxed and comfortable. I wanted to wait, and teach him how to rate to make sure he finishes. Everyone has done a fantastic job with this horse.”

Justin Phillip crossed the line in 3rd with Buffum and Royal Currier in a dead-head for 4th. Harlan's Hello and Smoke It Right trailed.