• The longest shot Zakaroff (45-1) rallies to upset the El Camino Real Derby (G3) at Golden Gate Fields.Posted 12 hours ago
  • Stonestreet's Terra Promessa (1-2) blitzes the field in the Bayakoa (G3) at Oaklawn Park.Posted 13 hours ago
  • Imperial Hint (5-2) takes the General George (G3) at Laurel. Posted 14 hours ago
  • High Ridge Road (3-1) runs them down to take the Barbara Fritchie (G2) at Laurel.Posted 14 hours ago
  • Curlin's Approval (4-5) dominates in the Royal Delta.Posted 16 hours ago
  • Multiple graded stakes winner, Alsvid, has been retired from racing.Posted 3 days ago
  • In her 2017 debut, Winx was sensational again, raising her winning streak to 14.Posted 5 days ago
  • Iliad (2-1) much the best in the San Vicente Stakes.Posted 6 days ago
  • Chanel's Legacy (13-1) pulls off the upset in the Martha Washington Stakes.Posted 7 days ago
  • Bolo (6-1) surges late to win the Arcadia for a second straight year.Posted 7 days ago

J J's Lucky Train wins Bay Shore

J J's Lucky Train wins 2011 Bay Shore
J J's Lucky Train caught Vengeful Wildcat to capture Saturday's Grade 3 Bay Shore Stakes at Aqueduct.

Smoke It Right briefly led after a quarter in :22.64 with Vengeful Wildcat taking over through a half in :46.17. The Ben Perkins Jr. trainee had a length advantage in the lane but J J's Lucky Train steadily gained to win by a neck.

“Down the backside I was in cardiac arrest with all that trouble from the start", said winning conditioner William Anderson. "It looked like he was hanging a little in midstretch, and I didn’t think we’d get there. We know he always tries. I think at seven-eighths to a mile it’d take a heck of a horse to outrun him, and that’s where we’ll probably stay with him.”

“On the backside, I was happy with where I was", said winning jockey Jose Ferrer. With him, the more you grab, the more he goes. I was trying to give and take, keep him relaxed and comfortable. I wanted to wait, and teach him how to rate to make sure he finishes. Everyone has done a fantastic job with this horse.”

Justin Phillip crossed the line in 3rd with Buffum and Royal Currier in a dead-head for 4th. Harlan's Hello and Smoke It Right trailed.