• Far From Over is injured and off the Kentucky Derby trail, according to owner, James Covello.Posted 1 day ago
  • Materiality turns away the challenge of Upstart to win the Florida Derby.Posted 4 days ago
  • International Star reels in Stanford late to win the Louisiana Derby.Posted 4 days ago
  • I'm A Chatterbox sweeps the 3yo filly stakes at Fair Grounds with today's win in the Oaks.Posted 4 days ago
  • Pants On Fire guts out a win in the Sir Shackleton.Posted 4 days ago
  • War Correspondent rolls late to win the Appleton.Posted 4 days ago
  • Prince Bishop wins the world's richest race; California Chrome 2nd.Posted 4 days ago
  • Dolniya dominates the boys in the Dubai Sheema ClassicPosted 4 days ago
  • Solow defeats The Grey Gatsby in the $6,000,000 Dubai TurfPosted 4 days ago

Incognito Remains Under Consideration for Belmont Stakes 2013

Belmont Stakes 2013 logo.
Darley Stable’s Incognito worked a half-mile in 50.01 Monday morning and remains under consideration for Belmont Stakes 2013.

“He worked well, and Jimmy Bell [President of Darley America] was here, so we’re going to talk about it in the next day or two and see if we give it a shot,” said trainer Kiaran McLaughlin. “The main reason we’re even talking about it is that he truly wants a mile and a half and you don’t get many opportunities.”

Also on Monday, trainer Chad Brown proclaimed Peter Pan runner-up Saint Vigeur “doubtful” for the Belmont Stakes after the Smart Strike colt developed a quarter crack.

“Number one, he popped a quarter crack, so first and foremost I have to get that addressed,” Brown said. “Number two, we were always kind of on the fence anyway. We like the horse, we think he’s a nice horse and he ran good [when second] in the Peter Pan, but I don’t know if he’s quite ready for a Grade 1. Those factors and the quarter crack kind of made our decision for us. I’d say I’m 90 percent sure I’m not going to run.”