• Magic Mark upsets the Bertrando Stakes at 11-1 to kickoff the Los Alamitos meet.Posted 1 day ago
  • Salutos Amigos dominant in Monmouth Park's Mr. Prospector.Posted 5 days ago
  • Crucero upsets the San Juan Capistrano at odds of 23-1.Posted 5 days ago
  • La Verdad skips through the Belmont slop to a victory in the Dancin Renee.Posted 5 days ago
  • Treve too much for Flintshire and the rest in today's Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud.Posted 5 days ago
  • Golden Lad surges late to score in the Prairie Meadows Cornhusker.Posted 6 days ago
  • Bent on Bourbon has his coming out party in the Iowa Derby.Posted 6 days ago
  • Departing slips through on the hedge to win the Firecracker.Posted 6 days ago
  • Sarah Sis just holds off Pangburn in the Iowa Oaks.Posted 6 days ago
  • Cosmic Evolution edges away to victory in the Debutante.Posted 6 days ago

I'll Have Another will stand stud in Japan

I'll Have Another wins the 2012 Kentucky Derby

I’ll Have Another, winner of the Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes last month, is bound for stud duty in Japan.

Owner Paul Reddam said Friday that a deal has been reached with Shigeyuki Okada’s Big Red Farm on the island of Hokkaido to stand I’ll Have Another beginning with the 2013 breeding season. Financial terms were confidential, Reddam said.

I’ll Have Another is currently based at trainer Doug O’Neill’s stable at Betfair Hollywood Park.

I’ll Have Another was retired June 8 because of a tendon injury. He was scheduled to start the following day as a heavy favorite in the Belmont Stakes in an attempt to sweep the Triple Crown. He ended his career with 5 wins in 7 starts and earnings of $2,693,600.

Older Comments about I'll Have Another will stand stud in Japan...

You know they ship them to breed in both hemispheres? This one had better have a strong constituion to be in the breeding shed most of the year and then TRAVEL.
I know he will be OK over there and they know we will be watching them, but I feel like we have lost something precious
Glad he is going to a good farm over there. But sad he will not be staying in this country. I never thought they'd sell him to another country. It's a bit of a shock.
what happened to the other thread? It just disappeared
As I said on another thread, IHA is going to a world class farm that boasts one of Japan's top sires of all time, Stay Gold. He'll be treated like a king after all, he's a multimillion dollar investment. Here's his new home: http://www.bigredfarm.jp/us/e_farm.html
I just hope nothing happens to him like what happened to Ferdinand.