• Even Thunder (5-2) holds on to win the King's Swan.Posted 6 hours ago
  • Effinex, earner of more than $3.3 million, has been retired to stud in New York.Posted 3 days ago
  • Back on dirt, Midnight Storm (8-5) rolls home in the Native Diver.Posted 4 days ago
  • Kitasan Black, the favorite, scores victory in the Japan Cup.Posted 5 days ago
  • Farrell (10-1) easily wires the field in the Grade 2 Golden Rod.Posted 6 days ago
  • Connect (3-2) nips Divining Rod in an excellent Cigar Mile stretch duel.Posted 6 days ago
  • Mo Town (4-1) much the best in the Grade 2 Remsen at Aqueduct.Posted 6 days ago
  • Miss Sky Warrior (5-1) holds off Jamyson 'n Ginger in the Demoiselle.Posted 6 days ago
  • Verve's Tale (20-1) powers by Lewis Bay late to win the Comely.Posted 6 days ago
  • Texas Ryano (2-1) much the best in the Hollywood Turf Cup.Posted 7 days ago

I'll Have Another will stand stud in Japan

I'll Have Another wins the 2012 Kentucky Derby

I’ll Have Another, winner of the Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes last month, is bound for stud duty in Japan.

Owner Paul Reddam said Friday that a deal has been reached with Shigeyuki Okada’s Big Red Farm on the island of Hokkaido to stand I’ll Have Another beginning with the 2013 breeding season. Financial terms were confidential, Reddam said.

I’ll Have Another is currently based at trainer Doug O’Neill’s stable at Betfair Hollywood Park.

I’ll Have Another was retired June 8 because of a tendon injury. He was scheduled to start the following day as a heavy favorite in the Belmont Stakes in an attempt to sweep the Triple Crown. He ended his career with 5 wins in 7 starts and earnings of $2,693,600.

Older Comments about I'll Have Another will stand stud in Japan...

You know they ship them to breed in both hemispheres? This one had better have a strong constituion to be in the breeding shed most of the year and then TRAVEL.
I know he will be OK over there and they know we will be watching them, but I feel like we have lost something precious
Glad he is going to a good farm over there. But sad he will not be staying in this country. I never thought they'd sell him to another country. It's a bit of a shock.
what happened to the other thread? It just disappeared
As I said on another thread, IHA is going to a world class farm that boasts one of Japan's top sires of all time, Stay Gold. He'll be treated like a king after all, he's a multimillion dollar investment. Here's his new home: http://www.bigredfarm.jp/us/e_farm.html
I just hope nothing happens to him like what happened to Ferdinand.