• Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 3 hours ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 3 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 5 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 6 days ago
  • Stanford finds his way back to the winner's circle in the Charles Town Classic.Posted 6 days ago
  • Rose Brier sets new course record in the Henry S. Clark.Posted 6 days ago
  • Da Big Hoss lives up to his name with the Dixiana Elkhorn win.Posted 6 days ago
  • Raging Smoke leads all the way in the Sugar Maple.Posted 6 days ago
  • Highland Sky flies home to Woodhaven victory.Posted 6 days ago
  • Brooklynsway upsets I'm A Chatterbox in the Doubledogdare at 25-1.Posted 7 days ago

I'll Have Another will stand stud in Japan

I'll Have Another wins the 2012 Kentucky Derby

I’ll Have Another, winner of the Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes last month, is bound for stud duty in Japan.

Owner Paul Reddam said Friday that a deal has been reached with Shigeyuki Okada’s Big Red Farm on the island of Hokkaido to stand I’ll Have Another beginning with the 2013 breeding season. Financial terms were confidential, Reddam said.

I’ll Have Another is currently based at trainer Doug O’Neill’s stable at Betfair Hollywood Park.

I’ll Have Another was retired June 8 because of a tendon injury. He was scheduled to start the following day as a heavy favorite in the Belmont Stakes in an attempt to sweep the Triple Crown. He ended his career with 5 wins in 7 starts and earnings of $2,693,600.

Older Comments about I'll Have Another will stand stud in Japan...

You know they ship them to breed in both hemispheres? This one had better have a strong constituion to be in the breeding shed most of the year and then TRAVEL.
I know he will be OK over there and they know we will be watching them, but I feel like we have lost something precious
Glad he is going to a good farm over there. But sad he will not be staying in this country. I never thought they'd sell him to another country. It's a bit of a shock.
what happened to the other thread? It just disappeared
As I said on another thread, IHA is going to a world class farm that boasts one of Japan's top sires of all time, Stay Gold. He'll be treated like a king after all, he's a multimillion dollar investment. Here's his new home: http://www.bigredfarm.jp/us/e_farm.html
I just hope nothing happens to him like what happened to Ferdinand.