• Tequilita (5-2) returns to the winner's circle in the Grade 3 Charles Town Oaks.Posted 6 hours ago
  • Sharp Azteca (1-2) draws clear in the Grade 2 Kelso.Posted 11 hours ago
  • West Coast (4-5) leaves the field far behind in the Grade 1 Pennsylvania Derby.Posted 11 hours ago
  • It Tiz Well (5-1) bests Abel Tasman in the Grade 1 Cotillion.Posted 12 hours ago
  • Coal Front (4-5) refuses to let American Pastime by in the Grade 3 Gallant Bob.Posted 12 hours ago
  • Page McKenney (6-1) digs down and holds on in the Pa Derby Champion Stakes.Posted 13 hours ago
  • Off Limits (8-5) glides by her competition in the Grade 3 Noble Damsel.Posted 14 hours ago
  • Capla Temptress (5-1) rolls home in the Natalma, while making her North American debut.Posted 6 days ago
  • Untamed Domain (3-1) kicks it in late to win the Summer Stakes at Woodbine.Posted 6 days ago
  • World Approval (2-1) shows he is much the best in the Grade 1 Woodbine Mile.Posted 7 days ago

I’ll Have Another, Done Talking Win Key Kentucky Derby 2012 Preps

The West Coast 3-year-olds completed their path to Kentucky Derby 2012 on Saturday and I’ll Have Another got the bob over Creative Cause in the 75th running of the Grade 1 Santa Anita Derby.

G1 Santa Anita Derby (4-7-12): 94 BSF (I’ll Have Another)

42-1 Baffert bomber Blueskiesnrainbows surprisingly coasted on an easy lead through splits of :23.11, :47.11, and 1:11.14. I’ll Have Another stalked on the outside and Creative Cause was relaxed along the rail.

Blueskiesnrainbows still held the advantage after a mile in 1:35.36 but I’ll Have Another and Creative Cause were gaining fast. The two favorites crossed the line noses apart with I’ll Have Another narrowly getting the job done under Mario Gutierrez. Baffert’s longshot pacesetter was another 1/2 length back in 3rd.