• Family Tree game down the lane in winning the Iowa Oaks.Posted 1 hour ago
  • Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 4 days ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 5 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 5 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 5 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 5 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 5 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 5 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 5 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 6 days ago

I Want Revenge Faces Five in Iselin

When the field assembles for this Saturday’s $300,000 Philip H. Iselin Stakes at Monmouth Park, one name will certainly stick out in the minds of novice horse players and serious handicappers alike - I Want Revenge.

Named the morning line favorite in last year’s Kentucky Derby, I Want Revenge was forced to scratch on the morning of the Run for the Roses, the first time that the favorite ever scratched on race day for the world’s most famous horse race.

But that was 2009 and this is a new year, a new season and a new I Want Revenge, who will be making just his second start since winning the Wood Memorial (G1) at Aqueduct last April.

I Want Revenge sports just one start since the Wood Memorial, a third-place finish in the Grade 2 Suburban Handicap at Belmont on July 3, 2010. In that race he bobbled at the start and raced three wide, eventually beaten four lengths by Haynesfield. In nine career starts, I Want Revenge has never been worse than third and sports earnings of $846,000. He enters the Iselin off some solid morning moves at Saratoga, including a 1:11 1/5 six furlong work on August 11.

Trained by Richard Dutrow Jr., I Want Revenge has drawn post five for this 75th renewal of the Iselin, a mile and an eighth test for 3-year-olds and up. Saturday’s race will mark the first time at Monmouth Park for I Want Revenge, who will be united with jockey Joe Bravo for the first time.

The entire field for the Iselin, with jockey assignments, is:

1. Sir Whimsey, Alan Garcia