• In his first start since the Remsen, Gift Box rolls over a strong allowance field at Belmont.Posted 1 day ago
  • Nyquist has spiked a fever, delaying his trip to Belmont, via DRF's Dave Grening.Posted 4 days ago
  • Second Summer holds off Hard Aces to win the Grade 2 Californian.Posted 5 days ago
  • Exaggerator turns the tables and is victorious in the Preakness (G1).Posted 6 days ago
  • Takeover Target flies home late to win from last in the Grade 2 Dixie.Posted 6 days ago
  • American Freedom fights back for Sir Barton victory.Posted 6 days ago
  • Mizz Money holds on to take the Gallorette (G3) by a nose.Posted 6 days ago
  • Justin Squared was too fast to catch in the Chick Lang.Posted 6 days ago
  • Lady Shipman does not disappoint with a victory in The Very One.Posted 6 days ago
  • Marengo Road gets ahead to take the James W. Murphy.Posted 6 days ago

I Want Revenge Faces Five in Iselin

When the field assembles for this Saturday’s $300,000 Philip H. Iselin Stakes at Monmouth Park, one name will certainly stick out in the minds of novice horse players and serious handicappers alike - I Want Revenge.

Named the morning line favorite in last year’s Kentucky Derby, I Want Revenge was forced to scratch on the morning of the Run for the Roses, the first time that the favorite ever scratched on race day for the world’s most famous horse race.

But that was 2009 and this is a new year, a new season and a new I Want Revenge, who will be making just his second start since winning the Wood Memorial (G1) at Aqueduct last April.

I Want Revenge sports just one start since the Wood Memorial, a third-place finish in the Grade 2 Suburban Handicap at Belmont on July 3, 2010. In that race he bobbled at the start and raced three wide, eventually beaten four lengths by Haynesfield. In nine career starts, I Want Revenge has never been worse than third and sports earnings of $846,000. He enters the Iselin off some solid morning moves at Saratoga, including a 1:11 1/5 six furlong work on August 11.

Trained by Richard Dutrow Jr., I Want Revenge has drawn post five for this 75th renewal of the Iselin, a mile and an eighth test for 3-year-olds and up. Saturday’s race will mark the first time at Monmouth Park for I Want Revenge, who will be united with jockey Joe Bravo for the first time.

The entire field for the Iselin, with jockey assignments, is:

1. Sir Whimsey, Alan Garcia