• Lady Shipman sets a new track record in the OBS Sprint Stakes (Fillies). Posted 3 days ago
  • Constitution covers 5F in 1:00 1/5 , fastest of 7 at Palm BeachPosted 4 days ago
  • Pure Tactics score down the hill in the Clocker's Corner. Posted 5 days ago
  • California Chrome breezes a mile in 1:41 2/5 at Los AlPosted 5 days ago
  • El Kabeir worked 5F at Belmont in 1:01.59 (2/19)Posted 5 days ago
  • Cassatt hangs on to win the Houston Ladies Classic.Posted 6 days ago
  • Alert Bay skims the rail to win the California Cup Turf Classic. Posted 6 days ago
  • Mischief Clem edges Pulmarack in the California Cup Derby. Posted 6 days ago
  • Birdatthewire rolls to a powerful victory in the Forward Gal. Posted 6 days ago
  • Singing Kitty proves best in the California Cup Oaks. Posted 6 days ago

Hurricane Ike scratched from Preakness

Hurricane Ike, one of 13 horses expected to run in the 135th running of the Preakness Stakes on Saturday, has been scratched from the race with a leg injury. The injury was detected at Churchill Downs Wednesday morning, and the horse didn't make the trip to Baltimore...

Older Comments about Hurricane Ike scratched from Preakness...

He's also a big pace compromiser... is that a word?
I agree with you. I was looking at him taking over on the backstretch from a slow pace and trying to take it all the way in from there. I was going to use him in my exacta box with Super Saver and Paddy O'Prado.
This is a bummer, he looked like a contender for the Preakness and one that I would have liked to see get a chance.