• The Great War is off the Derby trail following poor finish in the BattagliaPosted 3 days ago
  •  Royal Son scores in the John Battaglia Memorial.Posted 3 days ago
  • Stellar Wind an impressive winner of the Santa Ysabel. Posted 3 days ago
  • Far Right shoots up the rail again to score in the Southwest Stakes. Posted 10 days ago
  • Khozan demolishes a Gulfstream Park allowance field to remain perfect in two starts. Posted 10 days ago
  • No beating North Slope as he returns to dirt a winner in the Evening Attire. Posted 10 days ago
  •  International Star scrapes the paint to win the Risen Star.Posted 10 days ago
  • I'm A Chatterbox speaks loud and clear in the Rachel Alexandra. Posted 11 days ago
  • Itsaknockout wins the Fountain of Youth on the DQ of Upstart. Posted 11 days ago
  •  Chocolate Ride sneaks away in the Fair Grounds Handicap.Posted 11 days ago

Hurricane Ike scratched from Preakness

Hurricane Ike, one of 13 horses expected to run in the 135th running of the Preakness Stakes on Saturday, has been scratched from the race with a leg injury. The injury was detected at Churchill Downs Wednesday morning, and the horse didn't make the trip to Baltimore...

Older Comments about Hurricane Ike scratched from Preakness...

He's also a big pace compromiser... is that a word?
I agree with you. I was looking at him taking over on the backstretch from a slow pace and trying to take it all the way in from there. I was going to use him in my exacta box with Super Saver and Paddy O'Prado.
This is a bummer, he looked like a contender for the Preakness and one that I would have liked to see get a chance.