• Nyquist has spiked a fever, delaying his trip to Belmont, via DRF's Dave Grening.Posted 1 day ago
  • Second Summer holds off Hard Aces to win the Grade 2 Californian.Posted 2 days ago
  • Exaggerator turns the tables and is victorious in the Preakness (G1).Posted 3 days ago
  • Takeover Target flies home late to win from last in the Grade 2 Dixie.Posted 3 days ago
  • American Freedom fights back for Sir Barton victory.Posted 3 days ago
  • Mizz Money holds on to take the Gallorette (G3) by a nose.Posted 3 days ago
  • Justin Squared was too fast to catch in the Chick Lang.Posted 3 days ago
  • Lady Shipman does not disappoint with a victory in The Very One.Posted 3 days ago
  • Marengo Road gets ahead to take the James W. Murphy.Posted 3 days ago
  • Awtaad upsets Galileo Gold to win the Irish 2000 Guineas.Posted 3 days ago

Hurricane Bertie Stakes Quotes

Gulfstream Park
Photo: MEC

HURRICANE BERTIE

Mike Mitchell (via cell phone from California, Kays and Jays) – “She’s a good filly on the synthetic tracks, but maybe a little better on dirt. She ran very well at Calder last summer (second in Azalea Stakes (G3), July 11). We saw this race on the schedule. It’s a Graded race and at the right distance, so we shipped her and gave her to Wesley Ward to look after. She’ll stay there now and run for Wesley in the future.”

Jose Lezcano (jockey, Kays and Jays, 1st) – “I let the other horse (Dr. Zic) have the lead today and I was happy to sit second, following her around. I waited as long as I could before asking my filly for one run, and when I did she went right by. She ran the race she had to run in order to win.”

Alan Garcia (jockey, Tar Heel Mom, 2nd) – “She ran well and I had a great trip, but the other horse was just faster.”