• Stellar Wind (9-2) overtakes a battling Beholder (1-9) in the Clement L. Hirsch (G1).Posted 9 hours ago
  • Laoban (27-1) wins his very first race in 8 starts in the Jim Dandy (G2).Posted 11 hours ago
  • A.P. Indian (9-2) gets the jump on Holy Boss (3-1) to win the Alfred G. Vanderbilt (G1). Posted 11 hours ago
  • Stonetastic (2-5) cruises to an easy victory in the Regret.Posted 12 hours ago
  • Lexie Lou (1-5) refuses to let Internal Bourbon (9-2) by in the Victoriana.Posted 12 hours ago
  • Flintshire (1-9) fights his way through and rolls to victory in the Bowling Green (G2).Posted 13 hours ago
  • Mind Your Biscuits (3-1) runs up the rail to win the Amsterdam (G2).Posted 14 hours ago
  • Connect, a son of Curlin, connects in the Curlin Stakes at Saratoga.Posted 1 day ago
  • Gold Rush Dancer (14-1) pulls the upset in Del Mar's Real Good Deal Stakes.Posted 3 days ago
  • Haveyougoneaway (7-2) wears down Paulassilverlining to win the Honorable Miss at Saratoga.Posted 3 days ago

Hot Summer Smokes Comely Rivals

Hot Summer sat the right stalking trip and cruised to a 2-1/4 length tally in Saturday's 62nd running of the Grade 3 Comely Stakes at Aqueduct.

R Holiday Mood held the early advantage through lively fractions of :23.10, :46, and 1:10.09. Mysterious Chimes chased with Ava K., Hot Summer, and Her Smile in hot pursuit.

Hot Summer struck the front in the lane and widened her advantage at the wire. She completed her flat mile journey in 1:35.58 and paid $14. Luis Saez rode the winner for David Fawkes.

“I didn’t think [the rail would open]", said winning trainer David Fawkes. "I didn’t think she would get through there. [Last time] she stumbled a little bit and was rushed a little bit, and that isn’t her. We’ve been working hard with her to sit off the pace, and it worked out. We’ll talk to Mr. Queen and try to make a plan. I think she’s going to stay here. We’ll find something. There will be something, somewhere.”

“[I saw on paper] that she’s got speed", said Luis Saez. "When she got to the gate, she wanted to go, but I got hold of her. At the three-eighths pole, I waited for the hole to open, and she responded. This is my first time riding here. I like it.”

Her Smile was clearly second best with Ava K. edging R Holiday Mood out of the show. Mysterious Chimes, Vixen's Roar, and Royal Sighting trailed.