• Favorite Tara's Tango surges to win the Santa Maria at the wire.Posted 19 hours ago
  • O'Neill's strengthens his stable of 3-year-olds as Frank Conversation wins the El Camino Real Derby.Posted 20 hours ago
  • Bolo nabs Obviously in the final strides of the Arcadia.Posted 22 hours ago
  • BC Mile heroine Tepin crushes her foes in the Lambholm South Endeavor Stakes. Posted 23 hours ago
  • Dancing House is ultra-game in taking the Barbara Fritchie.Posted 23 hours ago
  • Penwith scores in the Royal Delta at Gulfstream Park.Posted 1 day ago
  • Destin rolls home in the Sam F. Davis at Tampa Bay Downs.Posted 1 day ago
  • Polar River wins the UAE 1000 Guineas by a pole.Posted 3 days ago
  • Kobe's Back goes from last to first down the stretch to win the Palos Verdes.Posted 6 days ago
  • Storied Lady (4-1) up the rail to nip Saythreehailmary's in the Biogio's Rose.Posted 7 days ago

Hot Summer Smokes Comely Rivals

Hot Summer sat the right stalking trip and cruised to a 2-1/4 length tally in Saturday's 62nd running of the Grade 3 Comely Stakes at Aqueduct.

R Holiday Mood held the early advantage through lively fractions of :23.10, :46, and 1:10.09. Mysterious Chimes chased with Ava K., Hot Summer, and Her Smile in hot pursuit.

Hot Summer struck the front in the lane and widened her advantage at the wire. She completed her flat mile journey in 1:35.58 and paid $14. Luis Saez rode the winner for David Fawkes.

“I didn’t think [the rail would open]", said winning trainer David Fawkes. "I didn’t think she would get through there. [Last time] she stumbled a little bit and was rushed a little bit, and that isn’t her. We’ve been working hard with her to sit off the pace, and it worked out. We’ll talk to Mr. Queen and try to make a plan. I think she’s going to stay here. We’ll find something. There will be something, somewhere.”

“[I saw on paper] that she’s got speed", said Luis Saez. "When she got to the gate, she wanted to go, but I got hold of her. At the three-eighths pole, I waited for the hole to open, and she responded. This is my first time riding here. I like it.”

Her Smile was clearly second best with Ava K. edging R Holiday Mood out of the show. Mysterious Chimes, Vixen's Roar, and Royal Sighting trailed.