• Texas Chrome (2-1) bravely squeezed through on the rail for an Oklahoma Derby win.Posted 3 days ago
  • Unbridled Mo (4-1) rides the rail to victory in the Remington Park Oaks.Posted 3 days ago
  • Accelerate (1-1) rallies to win the Los Alamitos Derby (G2).Posted 4 days ago
  • Connect (10-1) upsets the Pennsylvania Derby.Posted 4 days ago
  • Songbird (1-5) gets win number 11 in the Cotillion (G1) at Parx Racing.Posted 4 days ago
  • Noholdingback Bear (3-1) wins the Gallant Bob (G3) at Parx Racing.Posted 4 days ago
  • 2015 Turf Champion Big Blue Kitten has been retired from racing, via the Chad Brown barn.Posted 8 days ago
  • No catching Sarah Sis (10-1) in the Presque Isle Downs Masters.Posted 9 days ago
  • Victory to Victory  7-1) pulls clear in the Grade 1 Natalma Stakes.Posted 10 days ago
  • Good Samaritan (3-1) rolls to a Breeders' Cup birth with a Summer Stakes win.Posted 10 days ago

Homeister enjoying Churchill Downs meet

After 181/2 years of riding and 2,395 victories, Rosemary Homeister Jr. still encounters trainers who say they can't use her because the horse owner doesn't want a female rider.

“Just tell 'em Homeister Jr. is riding their horse,” she tells them, “and I'll put hair in my helmet and they'll never know. I won't even wear eyeliner or lipstick when I come out.”

“They just start laughing,” Homeister said between races at Churchill Downs, where she is riding full-time for the first time. “They say, ‘Oh, I didn't even think of that.'

“Because you see ‘Jr.' you think male. I just try to make fun of it, and if I do meet owners that are like that, I just kill them with kindness.”