• In a pouring rain, Harmonize rolls on by to a big win in the With AnticipationPosted 1 hour ago
  • Azar gets there late to win Saratoga's With Anticipation.Posted 1 day ago
  • High Noon Rider wins the Better Talk Now as the longest shot on the board.Posted 2 days ago
  • It's all Stellar Wind in Del Mar's Torrey Pines.Posted 3 days ago
  • Lady Shipman both Smart and Fancy in winning another one at the Spa.Posted 4 days ago
  • Keen Ice shocks American Pharoah in the Travers.Posted 4 days ago
  • Flintshire flaunts his class in the Grade 1 Sword Dancer.Posted 4 days ago
  • Nothing but a walk in the park for Private Zone in the Grade 1 Forego.Posted 4 days ago
  • Runhappy runs them off their feet in the Grade 1 King's Bishop.Posted 4 days ago
  • Unbridled Forever storms to victory in the Grade 1 Ballerina.Posted 5 days ago

Homeister enjoying Churchill Downs meet

After 181/2 years of riding and 2,395 victories, Rosemary Homeister Jr. still encounters trainers who say they can't use her because the horse owner doesn't want a female rider.

“Just tell 'em Homeister Jr. is riding their horse,” she tells them, “and I'll put hair in my helmet and they'll never know. I won't even wear eyeliner or lipstick when I come out.”

“They just start laughing,” Homeister said between races at Churchill Downs, where she is riding full-time for the first time. “They say, ‘Oh, I didn't even think of that.'

“Because you see ‘Jr.' you think male. I just try to make fun of it, and if I do meet owners that are like that, I just kill them with kindness.”