• Danzing Candy (3-10) makes it look easy going all the way in a muddy Lone Star Handicap.Posted 17 hours ago
  • Ashleyluvssugar (5-2) bursts through under Gary Stevens to win his 2nd Charles Whittingham.Posted 18 hours ago
  • In his first race since the Travers, Destin finishes 3rd in the 8th at Belmont.Posted 20 hours ago
  • The well bred Souper Tapit (9-5) runs to the money in the Marine Stakes.Posted 20 hours ago
  • Cloud Computing will not run in the Belmont Stakes, instead waiting for Saratoga's Jim Dandy.Posted 21 hours ago
  • Cupid (7-1) makes a winning comeback in the Grade 1 Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 1 day ago
  • Illuminant (8-5) sneaks up the rail to capture the Grade 2 Monrovia.Posted 1 day ago
  • Cowboy Culture (5-2) is the clear victor in the Grade 3 Arlington Classic.Posted 1 day ago
  • Lady Eli (3-5) keeps Goodyearforroses at bay to win the Grade 1 Gamely.Posted 1 day ago
  • Finley'sluckycharm (1-5) runs away with the Grade 3 Winning Colors.Posted 1 day ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Belmont Stakes 2017

Homeister enjoying Churchill Downs meet

After 181/2 years of riding and 2,395 victories, Rosemary Homeister Jr. still encounters trainers who say they can't use her because the horse owner doesn't want a female rider.

“Just tell 'em Homeister Jr. is riding their horse,” she tells them, “and I'll put hair in my helmet and they'll never know. I won't even wear eyeliner or lipstick when I come out.”

“They just start laughing,” Homeister said between races at Churchill Downs, where she is riding full-time for the first time. “They say, ‘Oh, I didn't even think of that.'

“Because you see ‘Jr.' you think male. I just try to make fun of it, and if I do meet owners that are like that, I just kill them with kindness.”