• ZATT's Star of the Week, is ... Winx!Posted 2 days ago
  • Elektrum (5-2) gets up in the final jump to win the Grade 3 Dowager at Keeneland.Posted 2 days ago
  • Roca Rojo (4-1) storms home to romp in Belmont's Athenia.Posted 2 days ago
  • Lightstream (2-1) rolls late to pass Malibu Stacy for the Raven Run win.Posted 3 days ago
  • Royal Posse (5-2) likes the off going and upsets Governor Malibu in the Empire Classic.Posted 3 days ago
  • Bar of Gold (4-5) wins the Empire Distaff by a country mile.Posted 3 days ago
  • Pat On The Back (20-1) puts them to sleep in a sloppy Sleepy Hollow.Posted 3 days ago
  • 2001 Kentucky Derby winner, Monarchos has passed away at the age of 18.Posted 3 days ago
  • Winx absolutely dominant in winning a second Cox Plate.Posted 3 days ago
  • Quidura (7-2) scores another graded stakes win at Keeneland for Graham Motion.Posted 4 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

Homeister enjoying Churchill Downs meet

After 181/2 years of riding and 2,395 victories, Rosemary Homeister Jr. still encounters trainers who say they can't use her because the horse owner doesn't want a female rider.

“Just tell 'em Homeister Jr. is riding their horse,” she tells them, “and I'll put hair in my helmet and they'll never know. I won't even wear eyeliner or lipstick when I come out.”

“They just start laughing,” Homeister said between races at Churchill Downs, where she is riding full-time for the first time. “They say, ‘Oh, I didn't even think of that.'

“Because you see ‘Jr.' you think male. I just try to make fun of it, and if I do meet owners that are like that, I just kill them with kindness.”