• Australia's Hugh Bowman wins the Longines International Jockey Challenge.Posted 2 days ago
  • Miss Temple City (8-5) hits the wire just in front in the Grade 1 Matriarch.Posted 5 days ago
  • Annals of Time (5-1) gets clear late in the Grade 1 Hollywood Derby.Posted 6 days ago
  • Vale Dori (1-2) much the best in the Grade 2 Bayakoa.Posted 6 days ago
  • Royal Posse (3-5) repeats in the Claiming Crown Jewel and becomes a millionaire.Posted 6 days ago
  • King and His Court (8-5) flies home to win the Display Stakes.Posted 6 days ago
  • R Angel Katelyn (8-5) leads all the way in the Sandpiper.Posted 6 days ago
  • Rapid Rhythm runs them down in the Battle of New Orleans.Posted 6 days ago
  • Highway Star (7-1) is up in time to win the Go for Wand.Posted 6 days ago
  • Chance of Luck (7-2) holds on to take the Inaugural StakesPosted 6 days ago

Homeister enjoying Churchill Downs meet

After 181/2 years of riding and 2,395 victories, Rosemary Homeister Jr. still encounters trainers who say they can't use her because the horse owner doesn't want a female rider.

“Just tell 'em Homeister Jr. is riding their horse,” she tells them, “and I'll put hair in my helmet and they'll never know. I won't even wear eyeliner or lipstick when I come out.”

“They just start laughing,” Homeister said between races at Churchill Downs, where she is riding full-time for the first time. “They say, ‘Oh, I didn't even think of that.'

“Because you see ‘Jr.' you think male. I just try to make fun of it, and if I do meet owners that are like that, I just kill them with kindness.”