• Haveyougoneaway (10-1) gets there with a strong late in the Grade 1 Ballerina.Posted 32 minutes ago
  • Cavorting (2-1) rolls late to get up in the Grade 1 Personal Ensign.Posted 1 hour ago
  • Hit It Once More makes every pole a winning one in the Albany Stakes.Posted 23 hours ago
  • Syndergaard makes short work of the Funny Cide to remain perfect in two starts.Posted 1 day ago
  • On Leave (9-5) wins the Riskaverse for her third consecutive victory.Posted 1 day ago
  • Chad Brown earns career victory #1,000 as Mr. Maybe scores in the John's Call.Posted 2 days ago
  • Rachel's Temper (3-1) gets the job done in the Summer Colony.Posted 4 days ago
  • Midnight Storm (3-10) holds off Om to win the Grade 2 Del Mar Mile.Posted 5 days ago
  • Camp Creek (26-1) comes from well back to pull the upset in the Breeders' Stakes at Woodbine.Posted 5 days ago
  • Time and Motion (8-5) powers by Catch a Glimpse late in the Lake Placid.Posted 5 days ago

Homeister enjoying Churchill Downs meet

After 181/2 years of riding and 2,395 victories, Rosemary Homeister Jr. still encounters trainers who say they can't use her because the horse owner doesn't want a female rider.

“Just tell 'em Homeister Jr. is riding their horse,” she tells them, “and I'll put hair in my helmet and they'll never know. I won't even wear eyeliner or lipstick when I come out.”

“They just start laughing,” Homeister said between races at Churchill Downs, where she is riding full-time for the first time. “They say, ‘Oh, I didn't even think of that.'

“Because you see ‘Jr.' you think male. I just try to make fun of it, and if I do meet owners that are like that, I just kill them with kindness.”