• Multiplier (4-1) kicks it in late to get past Hedge Fund in the Illinois Derby.Posted 10 hours ago
  • Collected (3-5) rolls home much the best in the Californian.Posted 10 hours ago
  • Imperative (5-1) surges past Matt King Coal for his second win in the Charles Town Classic.Posted 12 hours ago
  • Itsinthepost (5-2) proves best in Keeneland's Elkhorn.Posted 12 hours ago
  • Inordinate (5-2) surges to victory in the San Juan Capistrano.Posted 12 hours ago
  • Twisted Tom (5-1) is a game winner of a sloppy Federico Tesio Stakes.Posted 13 hours ago
  • Classic Rock (6-5) rolls in the Roar, the Preakness could be next.Posted 1 day ago
  • Unbridled Mo (2-5) holds on to win the Doubledogdare at Keeneland.Posted 1 day ago
  • The champion Tepin, not showing an eagerness to train this year, has been retired.Posted 4 days ago
  • Classic Empire (9-5) comes through with a hard-earned Arkansas Derby victory.Posted 7 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Kentucky Derby 2017

Homeister enjoying Churchill Downs meet

After 181/2 years of riding and 2,395 victories, Rosemary Homeister Jr. still encounters trainers who say they can't use her because the horse owner doesn't want a female rider.

“Just tell 'em Homeister Jr. is riding their horse,” she tells them, “and I'll put hair in my helmet and they'll never know. I won't even wear eyeliner or lipstick when I come out.”

“They just start laughing,” Homeister said between races at Churchill Downs, where she is riding full-time for the first time. “They say, ‘Oh, I didn't even think of that.'

“Because you see ‘Jr.' you think male. I just try to make fun of it, and if I do meet owners that are like that, I just kill them with kindness.”