• Kitten's Point gets there late to win Keeneland's Bewitch.Posted 14 hours ago
  • Keen Ice is now in at #20 for the Kentucky Derby following the defection of Madefromlucky.Posted 17 hours ago
  • Get Happy Mister rides the rails to victory in the San Simeon.Posted 5 days ago
  • El Kabeir breezed 5F in 1:00.18 (3/16) Sunday at BelmontPosted 5 days ago
  • Whiskey Ticket just holds off Conquest Curlinate in the Illinois Derby.Posted 6 days ago
  • Moreno wins the Charles Town Classic, as Shared Belief is eased.Posted 6 days ago
  • Dramedy just holds on to win Keeneland's Elkhorn at 30-1.Posted 6 days ago
  • It's all Hootenanny in his first race back since winning the BC Juvenile Turf.Posted 6 days ago
  • La Verdad best in the Grade 2 Distaff.Posted 6 days ago
  • Carpe Diem covers 4F in :48.00 (5/76) Saturday at Keeneland Posted 6 days ago

Homeister enjoying Churchill Downs meet

After 181/2 years of riding and 2,395 victories, Rosemary Homeister Jr. still encounters trainers who say they can't use her because the horse owner doesn't want a female rider.

“Just tell 'em Homeister Jr. is riding their horse,” she tells them, “and I'll put hair in my helmet and they'll never know. I won't even wear eyeliner or lipstick when I come out.”

“They just start laughing,” Homeister said between races at Churchill Downs, where she is riding full-time for the first time. “They say, ‘Oh, I didn't even think of that.'

“Because you see ‘Jr.' you think male. I just try to make fun of it, and if I do meet owners that are like that, I just kill them with kindness.”