• Highland Reel wins another big one, this time in the Prince of Wales's at Royal Ascot.Posted 1 day ago
  • Highland Reel (2-1) powers to victory in the Prince of Wales's Stakes (G1) at Royal AscotPosted 1 day ago
  • Lady Aurelia (2-1) easily wins at Royal Ascot again in the King's Stand (G1).Posted 2 days ago
  • Timeline (1-10) cruises in Monmouth's Pegasus Stakes to remain perfect..Posted 4 days ago
  • Sweeping Paddy (7-2) pounces and scores in the Regret Stakes.Posted 4 days ago
  • Gun Runner (1-2) romps home much the best in the Grade 1 Stephen Foster.Posted 5 days ago
  • Forever Unbridled (1-1) way too much for her Fleur de Lis foes.Posted 5 days ago
  • Kasaqui (3-1) rolls down the lane to victory in the Wise Dan.Posted 5 days ago
  • Faypien (7-2) edges Mopotism in the Grade 2 Summertime Oaks.Posted 5 days ago
  • McCraken (1-5) rolls to a facile score in the Matt Winn.Posted 5 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Royal Ascot 2017

Hofmans Saddles 1,000th Career Winner

WINNER’S CIRCLE STATEMENT FROM DAVID HOFMANS ON THE OCCASION OF HIS 1,000th CAREER TRAINING VICTORY AFTER SADDLING FIRST TIME STARTER SULTRY SEASON TO WIN THE 10th RACE AT SANTA ANITA MONDAY BY 8 ¾ LENGTHS AT A $9.40 WIN PAYOFF UNDER JOE TALAMO FOR OWNERS LAWRENCE CANCELLIERI OF NEWPORT BEACH AND PETE PARRELLA (LEGACY RANCH) OF CHINO:

“I’m glad to get it over with. Even though I tried not to think about it, it was there. I’m just glad it happened with Pete Parrella because Pete and I have been together for 40 years. I won number 999 at Pomona (Fairplex Park) and I was hoping to hold off (for 1,000) at Santa Anita.

“I kind of looked up the guys (trainers) who have done it (won 1,000), and a lot of guys have won 1,000 races, but most of them have big stables. We have a small stable. We only carry 25 to 30 horses, and it’s hard to do. We’re here; we’re happy.

Some of the big horses he trained that come to mind: “Of course, we had Alphabet Soup (1996 Breeders’ Cup Classic winner); he was wonderful. Touch Gold (1997 Belmont winner) was great, Awesome Again was fantastic, Desert Code, His Legacy, years ago, was one of my favorite horses of all time. He was a great old Cal-bred horse.  Dramatic Gold. There are so many of them. Greg’s Gold, he was fantastic and won a lot of races for us.

"We’re just happy for all my clients and all my barn help and glad this is done.”

Hofmans, 69, was born in Los Angeles. He saddled his first winner in 1974.