• Far Right shoots up the rail again to score in the Southwest Stakes. Posted 6 days ago
  • Khozan demolishes a Gulfstream Park allowance field to remain perfect in two starts. Posted 6 days ago
  • No beating North Slope as he returns to dirt a winner in the Evening Attire. Posted 6 days ago
  •  International Star scrapes the paint to win the Risen Star.Posted 6 days ago
  • I'm A Chatterbox speaks loud and clear in the Rachel Alexandra. Posted 7 days ago
  • Itsaknockout wins the Fountain of Youth on the DQ of Upstart. Posted 7 days ago
  •  Chocolate Ride sneaks away in the Fair Grounds Handicap.Posted 7 days ago
  • Long On Value clearly Best in the Canadian Turf. Posted 7 days ago
  •  Street Babe surprise the Mineshaft field at Fair Grounds.Posted 7 days ago
  • Main Sequence storms home late to win the Mac Diarmida! Posted 7 days ago

Hobbs Wins Friday Feature at Monmouth Park

New Monmouth Park logo
Peter D. Kelly’s Hobbs ran down Fan Base in the stretch to post a length and a quarter victory in the $46,000 allowance/optional claiming feature at Monmouth Park on Friday.

Trained by Kathy Mongeon, Hobbs stepped the mile and a sixteenth over firm turf in 1:40 3/5 and paid $4.20, $3, $2.40 as the 6-5 choice in the field of seven colts and geldings.  Fan Base completed the $23.60 exacta and paid $4.20 and $2.80.  It was another length and a quarter back to Midnite Silver, who paid $2.40 to show.

“He put me in the perfect spot,” said winning jockey Kendrick Carmouche.  “Joe (jockey Bravo aboard Fan Base) swept past me around the 3/8ths pole, but that was alright since I had so much horse.  After that I made my move and he was gone.”

A 4-year-old gelding by Put It Back from the Dehere mare Minister Abbey, Hobbs has now won six of 16 lifetime starts.